User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

what do you people think our values are?

G-spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    what do you people think our values are?

G-spots?
    Only if I'm purposefully trying to set you off?

Heh.

EDIT: Not quite, G-spot = pleasure, pleasure, pleasure. Making an INFP angry? not so much.

MBTI
    infp

I hear laid-back a lot, also independent, too serious, childish (haha, such a paradox), nice when I want to be. And my grandma keeps asking me why I`m sad/angry when I really wasn`t. A female friend described me as a "laid-back-independent-cool-hippie chick." I`m so NOT cool, haha If she meant it in the body-temperature-way, then yes, yes I am.
    I didn`t get the intimidating yet.

Weird was also used to describe me previously. It was usually meant in a good way, I think. An EXFP-ex-something told me once that he knows I know I`m weird and that I like it. I do
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

MBTI
    INFP

Well I usually get the idea that others (high school) find me "smiley", nice, innocent, harmless (haha...), and easy to approach. I probably have an image of a push-over as well. I'm really quiet in class and generally shy. I'm probably socially awkward.

Some SJ's probably find me boring or lethargic, but I just shrug them off. Friends are usually surprised if say something "not so innocently" or even the fact that I listen to screamo. Oh, and I get that "sad" image too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Came up in conversation at work today that people who don't know me think I'm "aloof." That always surprises me to hear, since I don't feel aloof.

I've also gotten (from people who don't know me well): shy, quiet, innocent, wise, sweet, intimidating, calm

Mostly I think being on the quiet side before one gets to know people provides a blank slate for plenty of projection. Add in a little NFP spaciness/wierdness and it's almost a Rorschach test.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I've had limited experience with most types, including INFPs, but that that I've had has been quite pleasant. There's something so sexy about the female INFP's I've known. The fact that they're misunderstood makes them seem vulnerable and, as an ENFJ, I have a hero complex. I like the idea of protecting their feelings and destroying their enemies!
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    I've had limited experience with most types, including INFPs, but that that I've had has been quite pleasant. There's something so sexy about the female INFP's I've known. The fact that they're misunderstood makes them seem vulnerable and, as an ENFJ, I have a hero complex. I like the idea of protecting their feelings and destroying their enemies!

What I love about ENFJs is almost every single one I have ever met never misinterprets my shyness as being aloof or unfriendly. It's very refreshing to have people assume a positive over a negative.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    Dude, are you a masochist?

If you go into hero mode with an INFP female, you're basically writing your own death wish. Well, this applies to NF females in general, but especially with INFP females.

What will happen is this:

You will be smitten by her sweetness and vulnerability.

You will then go into ENFJ hero mode and want to protect her. She falls hard in love with you, while constantly pointing out her flaws because of her vulnerability which you mentioned above.

As she starts to trust you, she will dump all her deep rooted emotional problems unto your bosom. Until one day, she will reflect on it, and start to feel a bit too vulnerable from baring herself so much to someone else. And perhaps even a bit ashamed at baring so much of herself to another person.

Then the resentment will slowly begin. In order to not feel so vulnerable/ashamed anymore, she will start to close up to you, until she eventually just dumps you, and walks away, leaving all her baggage behind in your heart. You will be left with all the emotional mess she had previously confided to you.

This mess is comparable to a broken vase, but even if you do repair the broken vase, there is no owner to return it to, because she's already moved on to give another broken vase to some other unfortunate bloke.

That my friend, is the story of the ENFJ hero, and the INFP damsel in distress.
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    Dude, are you a masochist?

If you go into hero mode with an INFP female, you're basically writing your own death wish. Well, this applies to NF females in general, but especially with INFP females.

What will happen is this:

You will be smitten by her sweetness and vulnerability.

You will then go into ENFJ hero mode and want to protect her. She falls hard in love with you, while constantly pointing out her flaws because of her vulnerability which you mentioned above.

As she starts to trust you, she will dump all her deep rooted emotional problems unto your bosom. Until one day, she will reflect on it, and start to feel a bit too vulnerable from baring herself so much to someone else. And perhaps even a bit ashamed at baring so much of herself to another person.

Then the resentment will slowly begin. In order to not feel so vulnerable/ashamed anymore, she will start to close up to you, until she eventually just dumps you, and walks away, leaving all her baggage behind in your heart. You will be left with all the emotional mess she had previously confided to you.

This mess is comparable to a broken vase, but even if you do repair the broken vase, there is no owner to return it to, because she's already moved on to give another broken vase to some other unfortunate bloke.

That my friend, is the story of the ENFJ hero, and the INFP damsel in distress.
    I think this only happens if the ENFJ does not confide in the INFP also. One-way confiding can feel vulnerable and create resentment, but where there is a mutual sharing of feelings and mutual support, trust and closeness may result.

Of course, no one wants to be "saved" so much as supported while they become their own hero. Being "saved" may seem nice in fantasy, but I admit it would probably feel patronizing, and it would inevitably be disappointing for both involved.

Oh, and this also assumes the female INFP has "baggage". While everyone has their flaws, I don't think all INFPs are so flawed they go dumping on their SO in every relationship. Maybe the ones who seek being "saved" do that, but I don't think that's type-related.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Yeah, I don't think I tend to come off well in general. I don't seem to know how to sell myself . I think there are mainly 2 ways I am perceived depending on how well people know me:

Early impressions: dull, awkward, unsociable, harmless, ditzy, shy, goody-two-shoes, weird

Later impressions: laid-back, absent-minded, nice, talkative, withdrawn/solitary, intense, nerdy, overthinks everything, weird

Needless to say, my close friends and family tend to realize that there's more to me than the above. The early impressions really bug me because they often put people off me and I feel helpless to change their perceptions. I especially hate when I seem dull and ditzy