Spaced out
    Intelligent
    Caring but so reserved
    Weird but in a cool way
    Dry humour
    Out of place
    Sometimes preachy
    Seriously miss the trees sometimes

I am trying to understand you guys better.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So many of them don't seem to realise that I not interested in morale debate, and try to engage me in some issues that is important them, but tedious to me. If they feel the need to discuse such things, then fair enough, but I do wish that they would choose their target audience a bit more carefully, i.e. someone else.
    Lol .. I do understand what you mean about the moral debate. I don't mind at all having that debate, it becomes an issue for me when it is being forced down my neck and they are not open to other ideas. Instantly dismissed even if it does hold some ground. I don't know, maybe only one person is allowed to have the great ideas.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I hate moral debates myself. I usually just go along with what the other person says, as it doesn't matter to me. I don't like making huge issues out of nothing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Haha, personally I'm not offended by this (no one can be interesting to everyone) although I'm sorry your INFP friends bore you. I have often wondered how INTJs feel about having their tertiary Fi engaged in conversation. I don't usually do the whole moral debate thing, but I do often communicate with IxTJs at the level of Fi by talking to them about their deep personal emotions/experiences and sharing my own. Communicating with my tertiary Si gets tiring pretty quickly, so I can see how this would wear on an IxTJ ... although my IxTJ friends never seem bored by it ... hmm ... maybe I can't read people as well as I think.
    Engage an INTJs Fi in conversation? That is a difficult task. Not because our feelings don't exist (they do, of course, regardless of what some people might think) but rather that we tend to be extremely private people. I certainly am. It is very rare that I decide to share my inner feelings with anyone, and when I do there are only a select few I would do it with. Possibly just the one in fact. Anyone else who tries is likely to get brick walled, presented with a fasade of surface details to satisfy their curiosity without really telling them anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Sometimes preachy
    Haha I like that. My INFP S.O. is very passionate and goes off in a rant at times. I love it. It's so cute

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ally9224 View Post
    Haha I like that. My INFP S.O. is very passionate and goes off in a rant at times. I love it. It's so cute
    Ahhhh .. The passionate rant .. Oh yeah. It is funny/cute when you are observing it yet not partaking in the discussion yourself. I'm just unable to take it seriously but it is cute. Lol

It is sad though from what i have observed that you see the fire, passion and <Insert strong emotion here> yet this array of emotion, from what i have seen is only mostly demonstrated when in rant mode. They seem more alive at that point. Not to say they are not alive at any other time but it is nice to see something other than reserved and quiet
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP

Whatever you say!!! Patients I work with seem to love me .

But I have a question - have you taken into consideration that INFPs tend to behave in a different way in a group and in a 1 to 1 situation? I've noticed that reactions to us hugely differ depending on the circumstances we interact in - say if somebody has ever had a private conversation with us.

And about your ISFJ friend - weird in a not pleasant way - talking about judgemental... And INFPs are always the ones to worry if they aren't so.
    Hot-hearted head

Ahhhh .. The passionate rant .. Oh yeah. It is funny/cute when you are observing it yet not partaking in the discussion yourself. I'm just unable to take it seriously but it is cute. Lol
    Lol yes, at the beginning of our relationship she hated when I would rationally and objectively respond to her rant (i would ask questions for clarification because often her thoughts are all over the place when she's in rant mode) and it would make her angry because to her it came off as if I was disregarding her emotion. But really, i've always admired her passion and wanted to partake in a discussion. Now, Im more in touch with my Fi and i've learned (somewhat) how to put more emotion into an objective response. And other times I don't say anything because she only wants to vent but I've had a hard time differentiating between the two. =]

It is sad though from what i have observed that you see the fire, passion and <Insert strong emotion here> yet this array of emotion, from what i have seen is only mostly demonstrated when in rant mode. They seem more alive at that point. Not to say they are not alive at any other time but it is nice to see something other than reserved and quiet
    This is true but I think that once an INFP gets to trusting you, you get to see this more often and not just in rant mode.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Oh, I do rants if I'm among people I feel close to ; that's just a way of venting when my idealistic side is frustrated with the realities of the world....but I don't corner people into moral debates; that's way too confrontational, so I'm unlikely to initiate a discussion like that.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

So THAT's why people so often seemed amused to see me ranting

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    So THAT's why people so often seemed amused to see me ranting
    I'm amazed at how quickly you INFPs can shift your moods. I'll be having a laid back discussion with my INFP and once I hit one of her values she goes in full rant mode. Lol, sometimes she'll be like "well, i dunno where that came from. But do you understand what I'm saying?"

<33 INFPs