User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

In general, my sense is that I am considered to be friendly and affable when I am out and about in public, e.g., grocery shopping. I have engaged with strangers about this or that when the mood strikes me, and I am almost always met with a smile and return engagement. I don't tend to space when I am out in public so I don't get that slackjaw 1000-yard stare thing going.

I once sang a part of a 3-part harmony of Extreme's "More Than Words" with two total strangers (1 female, 1 male) in a check-out line because - well, I don't know. The song was playing on the overheads and I met eyes with these people and it just started.

That's the only time in recent memory when I have let my freak flag fly. Most times I am keeping to myself.

I have the sense that I am well-liked, but I think and feel part of that is because I like other people and it shows.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Having spent a lot of time around NTJ's, this is EXACTLY the feeling that I got from tons of them. Hopefully needlessly to say, the same feeling often goes the other way as well.
    Yeah, I noticed that, despite my attempts to be polite. Such is life.

MBTI
    INFP

I expected INFP's to freak out over being called boring and give us a good show. No such luck.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Haha, where do I begin? hmm

Ok simply:

Odd - I really think people don't get me, they don't know what to say to me, there's always an air of awkwardness, which leads nicely onto:

Intimidating - Only really introverted or really extroverted people talk to me, everyone who's inbetween seem scared. The extreme introverts talk to me because they understand me since they're similar, and extreme extroverts are fearless and will talk to anyone.

Aloof - People find me distant I'm sure, I don't look people in eye and can space out a bit where I block out the conversation around me, if I get interested in the conversation they're often surprised when I talk..sometimes a lot...

I've been called boring sometimes, by supposed 'friends', which made me feel awful to be honest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Looks like an SP to me

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley45 View Post
    I expected INFP's to freak out over being called boring and give us a good show. No such luck.
    Who cares what some INTJ thinks . I think I come off as dull, but I think that's because I don't talk and take a long time to warm up....but engaging people in "moral debates" ? It sounds like someone is mistyping people. How many INFPs are that aggressive? I avoid moral debates as much as possible.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

From the little I know, I think the shy ones are cute and kindhearted, if a bit spacey. I like it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    INFPs would have more colors in their hair and would look more depressed than that.

also, they would not show other people their wrists!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Once people get to know me, the often tell me how their perception of me changed dramatically from their first impressions.
    Oh yeah, I get this a lot, too. The more people find out about me, the more surprises they get.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I hear a lot of "women don't like me" from a lot of women that I know.

What types do most women like to see in other women, then?
    I've never had problems with other women, but I know a lot of women who do, and it's a phenomenon that really intrigues me. There isn't any one type I prefer to see in other women. Over the years, my best female friends have been INTJ, ENTP, ENFP, and ISFJ, and I've had less close female friends of many other types.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I hate to say it, but the biggest problem I've ever had with INFPs isn't that they are intimidating, or weird. It's that they bore me witless.
    Haha, personally I'm not offended by this (no one can be interesting to everyone) although I'm sorry your INFP friends bore you. I have often wondered how INTJs feel about having their tertiary Fi engaged in conversation. I don't usually do the whole moral debate thing, but I do often communicate with IxTJs at the level of Fi by talking to them about their deep personal emotions/experiences and sharing my own. Communicating with my tertiary Si gets tiring pretty quickly, so I can see how this would wear on an IxTJ ... although my IxTJ friends never seem bored by it ... hmm ... maybe I can't read people as well as I think.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I hear a lot of "women don't like me" from a lot of women that I know.

What types do most women like to see in other women, then?
    I don't really know. I only know that the close female friends I do make in offline life have been ISFP, ISTJ or INTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley45 View Post
    Meh, I already know how boring I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ....but engaging people in "moral debates" ? It sounds like someone is mistyping people. How many INFPs are that aggressive? I avoid moral debates as much as possible.
    Yeah, I wondered about that too. (But who knows...I know 2 INFPs in real life, including myself, haha.) I really hate debating with people, because in my mind it feels like a "conflict". It's really uncomfortable for me.

The emo thing always amuses me. I listen to some "emo" music, but geez...I am too lazy to do my hair and makeup like that everyday. hahaha