User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

The most common ones for me are:

Moody, sad, aloof, in a daze, illogical,too quiet, crazy, weird, alternative, deep,spiritual, sensitive, good listener/advice giver, loyal, a b!tch, selfish, caring, overly emotional, creative, obssessive, morbid, rude (read introverted and/or too lost in thought to notice you at that time),lazy, disorganised, loner, clingy, jealous, cute, awesome, funny, nice when she wants to be, who cares.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

MBTI
    INFP

Shit, how could I have forgot "Emo"

man on the street:
    "harmless little guy over there, ask him for the way."
    "weak guy, threaten him, take all his money. he will cry and he wont even call the police"

women in a dark tunnel:

"shaky, has outgoing body language, might be drunken or attack you in some psychotic way"

a doctor:
    shaky
    insecure
    friendly, smiling a lot and softspoken
    tries hard to appear submissive, but ends up predicting and impulsively controlling my perception of him, by chiming in.
    probably paranoid

people at work:
    non-independend
    cant be expected to obey the rules or the protocol since he
    messes up details and considers rules to be such.
    keeps his views as a secret, which probalby indicates arrogant judgements.
    verry earnest, grim and sad probably indicating that he hates being with us.

first impressions of people who are allowed to get to know me in a private setting:
    such people are calm behaving people, usually introverted.
    very outgoing/approaching people see the withdrawing closed up self that coworkers see.

spaced out a lot, often not in tune with group conversation
    but totally perceptive if approached directly
    goes out of his way for you to the point where you might feel guilty about having such an impact on him
    stands awkwardly in a room, moving alot, going from corner to corner, sometimes standing in the way, jumps out of the way as if it was a skateboard trick. makes 480 turns instead of 90 turns. apparently very unconformable about taking space.
    very sensitive
    extremely understanding
    communicates concepts with clarity
    sometimes joins the group conversation in order to mediate understanding between two people
    has a bad memory (confused seeking of some language elements)
    never knows what he wants, not even what he wants to drink or eat. usually says "no" to avoid such decisions.
    is caring, in the moment
    but not the guy you lean on, or plan to rely on, since he is too adaptive, too reacting, too shaky.
    rather unpredictable
    understands any kind of humor
    spontaneously reacting to given moment (beware of estp shadow)
    'a good sport' in such a case (ongoing process)
    often too carefull and to foreseeing to be spontaneous about offered options. (very picky about agreeing about future plans/options, if they imply social complications with third parties. otherwise carelessly agreeing)
    often tense or agitated, physically controlled (laughs rather silently, hides open mouth)
    often hard or impossible to read, as most of what he says is adapted to the situation.
    does not talk about himself, unless asked. may make jokes to get away with vague answers.
    humble, underachieving/selfdeprecating about his character/persona but confident about his mind/vision/understanding.
    does never shout out thoughtless judgments about anything.
    ... makes you wonder where he stands.
    but experience shows you can hardly say the wrong thing.
    displays emotional vulnerability with proud and concentration. (may cry a single tear, staying physically calm. will not wipe the tear away. can cry and smile at the same time). own vulnerability or compassion with someone else are witnessed in the same calm way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

First off, let me appologise, because I'm about to upset a lot of INFPs, and I hate to be rude, but it does relate to the topic of the thread.

I hate to say it, but the biggest problem I've ever had with INFPs isn't that they are intimidating, or weird. It's that they bore me witless . (PS, I censored that sentance. I had originally intended to use another word that ended in -itless.).

So many of them don't seem to realise that I not interested in morale debate, and try to engage me in some issues that is important them, but tedious to me. If they feel the need to discuse such things, then fair enough, but I do wish that they would choose their target audience a bit more carefully, i.e. someone else.

It's a shame really, because we were often getting along fine up until then. Then the "debate" starts, and I'm left trying to find a way to excuse myself and leave without looking like a calous asshole who tramples over other people feelings willynilly.

Please don't do this to me any more.

MBTI
    INFP

Haha. This ought to get interesting.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Most common for me are: reserved, aloof, quiet, shy, weird, intimidating (wtf?), serious, sad, and a good listener.

My friend from school recently said that, 'You seemed kind of intimidating and quiet, but I could tell that you were different somehow.'
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    First off, let me appologise, because I'm about to upset a lot of INFPs, and I hate to be rude, but it does relate to the topic of the thread.

I hate to say it, but the biggest problem I've ever had with INFPs isn't that they are intimidating, or weird. It's that they bore me witless . (PS, I censored that sentance. I had originally intended to use another word that ended in -itless.).

So many of them don't seem to realise that I not interested in morale debate, and try to engage me in some issues that is important them, but tedious to me. If they feel the need to discuse such things, then fair enough, but I do wish that they would choose their target audience a bit more carefully, i.e. someone else.

It's a shame really, because we were often getting along fine up until then. Then the "debate" starts, and I'm left trying to find a way to excuse myself and leave without looking like a calous asshole who tramples over other people feelings willynilly.

Different strokes for different folks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Having spent a lot of time around NTJ's, this is EXACTLY the feeling that I got from tons of them. Hopefully needlessly to say, the same feeling often goes the other way as well.

MBTI
    INFP

I've always gotten along fairly well with the INTJ's I know, and they don't seem to be bored by me most of the time. I think they're some of the most fun and interesting people to talk to, although once in a while conversations get a little exhausting. (I think when I was younger we would not have hit it off at ALL. I took everything super seriously and was overly concerned about moral issues.)

ENTJ's, on the other hand, usually annoy me. I've had a lot more trouble relating to them and vice versa. Then again, I know fewer ENTJ's in RL and the one who first comes to mind is an arrogant, stubborn ass who tries everyone's patience.

Also, as long as we're on the subject of how INFP's are perceived, I also have had people who don't know me well get offended because they think I'm glaring at them. In reality, I just get lost in my thoughts and don't realize what my face looks like. Heh.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%