• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] The Trouble With Fi

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Is anyone else driven crazy by their Introverted Feeling function?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Why?! That's like the best part of me! :smile:

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I suppose in a more absent-minded sense XD

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Is there anyone that Fi doesn't drive crazy? I'm just curious at this point. :huh::D

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I have no idea what you are talking about :yes:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The main trouble with Fi is that its conglomeration of intriguing characteristics (whether good or bad) continue to warrant threads on it, even after the subject has been bludgeoned to a bloody pulp.

Seriously, aren't you guys getting sick of all these threads with "Fi" in the title that invariably snowball into a J-function showdown?

G

garbage

The main trouble with Fi is that its conglomeration of intriguing characteristics (whether good or bad) continue to warrant threads on it, even after the subject has been bludgeoned to a bloody pulp.

Seriously, aren't you guys getting sick of all these threads with "Fi" in the title that invariably snowball into a J-function showdown?

Sort of. I mean, I can't feel guilty about dogging on other functions if Fi has gotten its turn. :popc1:

The main problem with Fi is that every description out there fails to capture what it's really about, because it's very hard to describe what it means. It's difficult to pin down, which in turn makes it difficult to analyze or talk about in a meaningful and direct way. We can shine a bunch of different lights on it, look at the shadows it casts, and extrapolate some characteristics of it from there, but we can't do much else.

Contrast this to Te, which Lenore indicates is pretty much exactly the opposite--it's insanely simple, which is part of its effectiveness.

Jaguar

Without Fi, this is what you would still see:

Image+%3D+segregation+drinking+fountain.jpg

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I think Fi and Fe.

The idea came from Fi, the widespread acceptance can be attributed to both Fi and Fe.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Those words have the depth of a petri dish.

Petri dishes might seem pretty deep when you get down to the level of bacterial scum. You sure my comment wasn't too profound for your microbrain to handle?

Jaguar

Petri dishes might seem pretty deep when you get down to the level of bacterial scum. You sure my comment wasn't too profound for your microbrain to handle?

Those words also have the depth of a petri dish.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
:popc1: This is a very Ne thread about Fi. *puts up feet*

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think Fi and Fe.

The idea came from Fi, the widespread acceptance can be attributed to both Fi and Fe.

The idea that white is the superior race and that other races ought to be oppressed came from Fi?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From my perspective, the "demon" created the system, and the "angel" ended it (same function, good and bad side of the same archetype).

I've been thinking of this sort of thing recently, and I would think that the bad side of Fi in creating/maintaining racism came from "immature" Fi. Meaning, these were TJ types with Fi as tertiary or inferior. It was really supporting their Te agenda of domination, and the society that grew out of this is heavy Te, as many acknowledge. (Only now, it has substituted financial discrimination for racial, but that's a whole other discussion).

The move to end racism would be the more mature "heroic" or "parental" Fi.