User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your major shopping preference?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hate shopping and shop only when I have to.

    15 41.67%
  • Shopping is okay; I get what I want and go.

    19 52.78%
  • I only shop online.

    8 22.22%
  • I love to shop and am a bonafide shop-aholic.

    4 11.11%
  • I only enjoy shopping during the holidays.

    2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 48

  1. #11
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,160

    Default

    Yesterday on Black Friday, My friend invited me and a couple more of his pals to relax at his home, me having known him for 10+ years now am well aware of how things can go weird with him so I bring my car. What I want to do is keep my car near me the whole time to avoid any unwanted trips to the mall, for obvious reasons.

    About three hours into hanging at his place I become hungry, so I head toward my car to go get something to eat, He says lets all go in the same car, his car. I believe that all were going to do is go and get something to eat.

    So we're at the mall on Black Friday.

    I'd rather starve.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Yesterday on Black Friday, My friend invited me and a couple more of his pals to relax at his home, me having known him for 10+ years now am well aware of how things can go weird with him so I bring my car. What I want to do is keep my car near me the whole time to avoid any unwanted trips to the mall, for obvious reasons.

    About three hours into hanging at his place I become hungry, so I head toward my car to go get something to eat, He says lets all go in the same car, his car. I believe that all were going to do is go and get something to eat.

    So we're at the mall on Black Friday.

    I'd rather starve.
    With family or friends, that's precisely the reason why I always drive separately!

    I had ONCE begrudgingly agreed to go shopping at 4AM on Black Friday with my dear ESFJ friend (you are right, BlueWing, with her!) and all of her buddies -- never again. I hated it. I was trapped, too, because we left in her huge Explorer van. She lives and breathes shopping, and she is darn good at it! She walks really fast, though; I thought I'd never keep up. I didn't buy one thing -- I was just miserable.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

  3. #13
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    With family or friends, that's precisely the reason why I always drive separately!

    I had ONCE begrudgingly agreed to go shopping at 4AM on Black Friday with my dear ESFJ friend (you are right, BlueWing, with her!) and all of her buddies -- never again. I hated it. I was trapped, too, because we left in her huge Explorer van. She lives and breathes shopping, and she is darn good at it! She walks really fast, though; I thought I'd never keep up. I didn't buy one thing -- I was just miserable.
    No one brought anything during our foray through the angry mothers of America.
    So it was an essentially pointless. The friend was ENFP, my best friend, and sometimes the biggest flake ever.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    No one brought anything during our foray through the angry mothers of America.
    So it was an essentially pointless. The friend was ENFP, my best friend, and sometimes the biggest flake ever.
    Usually, if I am going to shop, I prefer to shop alone... at my pace.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

  5. #15
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Usually, if I am going to shop, I prefer to shop alone... at my pace.
    I prefer amazon, it's just so much easier and much less stressful. I trade the expenses of gas with the expenses of shipping and handling, which are significantly lower then if you were to drive your tank from store to store looking for a game that everyone must have, not find it, then wake up the next morning trying to figure out how your tank is empty when you just filled it up four days ago, that and I can't seem to find my ATM card anywhere, which would make this the second time I've lost it... But ATM or not I would still prefer Amazon over actual shopping.

  6. #16
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Everyone should enjoy retail therapy as much as I do right down to the buyers remorse. When I was in retail Black Friday was my favorite day to work. I was completely on point and in my element.

    Yes it's less hassle to shop online, but shopping is a contact sport you've got to get your hands dirty. It's fun to elbow people and ram carts into them. What better day than the day after Thanksgiving?! Gets out all that pent up aggression you've been holding onto and burns off calories. It's good for the heart, mind, and soul. Next year, I'm going to get a customized shopping cart with a cute little horn and tags that say, "MOVE BITCH!"

    My best shopping partners are two INTs. Yes, shopping most definitely brings people together.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  7. #17
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default This really got me rolling!

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Next year, I'm going to get a customized shopping cart with a cute little horn and tags that say, "MOVE BITCH!"


    I really WISH I could enjoy it... but I just don't. I'm glad that there are so many of you out there who do, though!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

  8. #18
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I like to see my choices in their fullest variety at the best price which means I've gotten spoiled on internet shopping. Me and my driving need for efficiency.

    If I want to people watch and stroll and score an oddity here and there, I'll go out to the mall. Otherwise, I don't like being crushed. And my INTJ best friend grumbles about having to pick me up and tote me around when my legs give out, and I can't make it back to the car.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  9. #19
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Everyone should enjoy retail therapy as much as I do right down to the buyers remorse. When I was in retail Black Friday was my favorite day to work. I was completely on point and in my element.

    Yes it's less hassle to shop online, but shopping is a contact sport you've got to get your hands dirty. It's fun to elbow people and ram carts into them. What better day than the day after Thanksgiving?! Gets out all that pent up aggression you've been holding onto and burns off calories. It's good for the heart, mind, and soul. Next year, I'm going to get a customized shopping cart with a cute little horn and tags that say, "MOVE BITCH!"

    My best shopping partners are two INTs. Yes, shopping most definitely brings people together.
    LOL!! I should go shopping with YOU sometime. Sounds like fun.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  10. #20
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    I hate shopping and only go when I have to and I prefer to shop online. Being around a massive amount of people is too annoying and I seem to be worse as I get older. I prefer to go in, get what I need and get out! I worked in retail for 5 years so that may be why I find people so annoying. Weird thing is I can be quite the extrovert sometimes. :confused:

    We were actually planning on getting the kids Christmas shopping done tonight, but the drop off childcare place decided to close early so we had a change of plans. I am now on my way downstairs and we're going shopping online! Glass of wine, some nice music and best of all no dodging people!

    Proteanmix let me guess, you choose "I'm a bona fide shopper!"
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM
  2. [ENFJ] Calling all ENFJ men
    By mbeerti in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 08:57 AM
  3. [ENFJ] Calling all ENFJs...
    By AbsentMaverick in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
  4. [ENFJ] Calling all ENFJs!
    By Littlelostnf in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO