• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs why dont you ........ ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Take this thread as purely hypotetical but try take it somewhat seriously.

Toward the stereotype NFs are people that are most likely to be concerned about human rights. Also they make almost 10% of the worlds population.
What is about 700 000 000 NFs .

Plus you are scattered around all world. What means that you are pretty much everywhere. There is no a single country that does not have NFs in its population.

What means that if you manage to connect enough NFs you would have the power to change the world. (even on none violant ways). Especially since many others would probably join you in this endevour.

I mean from strategic point of view it can be done.

For example developed countries tend to be democratic. What means that taking controle over them is probably the easiest move if you manage to mobilize enough people (that by the way tend to like NF life philosophy for the most part). Basicly the only real opponent are multi-national corporations

What makes this a good first move for the movement. However you must not do things in secret since that will turn people of.

Once you have most of the developed world and its resources it should not be that hard to remove the third world dictators and international organized crime if you really try hard enough.

So, why NFs don't do this ?

Ok the idea is crazy but with enough strategic planning and determination it would not be impossible to do achive this goal with time

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because we need to get T's on board to help us organize and execute ;)

P

Phantonym

I'm lazy. :dry:

Hm. Yes, why don't people do this? Why don't the NT's, the SJ's and the SP's do the same for their own goals? Maybe it's human nature and the tendency to care for yourself before you care for others. Considering the energy that is spent on taking care of yourself (and the few people who are closest to you), you don't have any more left. Fighting the rest of the world is serious business. Maybe the NF's don't want to be the only ones doing the fighting while others sit on their behinds, being uncooperative with their own agendas. Ultimately, maybe we're all lazy.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Are you serious? I'd never work with NFJs. Delluded Fe-stinking fools.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Are you serious? I'd never work with NFJs. Delluded Fe-stinking fools.

*Passes Sytpg a glass of water, a cookie, and a comfortable seat* ;)

I think the reason this won't happen is because ideals are typically not enough. Not to mention not all NF's have the same ideals. I wish that the world could be kinder overall, and maybe someday all people will see that as well. Until then...

G

garbage

Because we need to get T's on board to help us organize and execute ;)

This. And to generalize, we know the need for all sorts of people to get on board with our ideas.

My slant on humanitarian effort is through developing simulations that will hopefully help enrich and save lives. If I didn't work with a bunch of more technically-minded people, these ideas wouldn't get off the ground.

But it's not just about others' skillsets; it's also about their unique perspectives on such matters. I don't think the average healthy NF would have the (what he perceives to be) 'arrogance' to dictate how this world should be run. The world doesn't run on NF alone, and it doesn't take being an NF to care about this world or to be drawn into action.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Someone needs to crack the whip first.
Let me go back into my cave and baw about the state of the world until then. :boohoo:

In actuality, i don't care enough about people and the world on a wide-scale. I'd imagine a lot of NFs start out caring, but fade off into being focused on the people/things that are in their more immediate interactions. No real clue though.

P

Phantonym

In actuality, i don't care enough about people and the world on a wide-scale. I'd imagine a lot of NFs start out caring, but fade off into being focused on the people/things that are in their more immediate interactions. No real clue though.

I agree. I could bawl my eyes out for all the atrocities the earth has to suffer. But it's useless and won't change anything. What I can change is the people I come into contact with more deeply, who are the closest to me. Presenting my point of views and listening to theirs and coming to a solution that will suit us. You have to spread things person by person and they would have to do the same for things to change on a wide-scale. Everything takes time.

And how do you really know that the NF's haven't changed the world already? Maybe this world, although an occasional shithole, is still better than it could have been.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know part of it, for me, is that there are so many problems. I want to "make a difference", but where the hell do I start? It's overwhelming.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
We would need an ideal that everyone can agree to and feel enthusiastic about. Or a person. Without such the movement would dissolve before the first meeting. The ideal must be stronger than our personal ideals. There is no such thing. No matter how people oriented the NFs are, they would battle each other as to how the new world should be.

And then there is the question, how should the new world be? What would be the most efficient way to make the necessary changes in a way that wouldn't collapse the system? The system needs to be built from a scratch without collapsing it in between. That is impossibly hard task. That is why they haven't done it already.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
If all your premises are true, then the type of revolution nf's would be after, would for the most part, be a values based one.

The introverted judger (infp) is the behind the scenes type, the Infj the chart the course type, the Enfp the get things going type, and the Enfj's the in charge type. I could imagine that such nf's would bring important qualities to a revolution.. Enfjs and enfps are the catalists and get everybody enthused and involved, the infjs are the strategists and diplomats, whilst the infps stick at the cause until the bitter end. However, a value based revolution (cultural and social change) takes time to achieve.

In the case of the velvet revolution, it was possible to convince hundreds of thousands of people to attach to a values based cause (main impetus being the infringement of liberties) and overthrow opression in a matter of days, which is UNbelievable! BUT, considering it happened not too long ago, you'd think Czechoslovakia would have more to show for it... but largely, the spirit and energy and creation of a politically active civil society, was lost on the next generation. The children of the revolutionaries largely know nothing of the struggles of their parents.

Bottom up change only lasts as long as the civil society keeps those in power on guard. If nf's were to create a revolution, they need to seek out stations of authority. In Government, business, economics, law blah blah blah. Perhaps most important of all, in education. I think bottom up sociocultural change can only be truly influential via education. That is more powerful than the positions of authority up the top.
So one revolution in this generation can last as long as this generation alone. Necessarily so, perhaps, as contexts change. Perhaps nfs have long gathered together and work towards slowly moving sociocultural change, rather than seek out positions of authority to affect immediate and sweeping change.

But yes, as others have mentioned, whom is the judge of what is best for others? i'm no neocon, and I dont believe in absolute values (im a bit of a nihilist) sooo... although my heart is in the right place when I feel strongly about issues, I would not like to enforce brutish changes on society. I'm all for being politically active- my main concern being the environment.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Perhaps most important of all, in education. I think bottom up sociocultural change can only be truly influential via education. That is more powerful than the positions of authority up the top.

"We cure your diseases, we heal your traumas, we teach your children... Do not fuck with us!"

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
"We cure your diseases, we heal your traumas, we teach your children... Do not fuck with us!"

:D
On a side note...
I do not agree with the notion of the education system, or rather, the nature of it. But if anyones going to produce change, that's the most influential route.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I do not agree with the notion of the education system, or rather, the nature of it. But if anyones going to produce change, that's the most influential route.

Agreed. It is also the safest route, considering the possibility of system meltdown.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
A simple answer would be unlike NT's, NF's go a more natural route, with slow, yet less damaging change.