User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Take this thread as purely hypotetical but try take it somewhat seriously.

Toward the stereotype NFs are people that are most likely to be concerned about human rights. Also they make almost 10% of the worlds population.
    What is about 700 000 000 NFs .

Plus you are scattered around all world. What means that you are pretty much everywhere. There is no a single country that does not have NFs in its population.

What means that if you manage to connect enough NFs you would have the power to change the world. (even on none violant ways). Especially since many others would probably join you in this endevour.

I mean from strategic point of view it can be done.

For example developed countries tend to be democratic. What means that taking controle over them is probably the easiest move if you manage to mobilize enough people (that by the way tend to like NF life philosophy for the most part). Basicly the only real opponent are multi-national corporations

What makes this a good first move for the movement. However you must not do things in secret since that will turn people of.

Once you have most of the developed world and its resources it should not be that hard to remove the third world dictators and international organized crime if you really try hard enough.

So, why NFs don't do this ?

Ok the idea is crazy but with enough strategic planning and determination it would not be impossible to do achive this goal with time
    omg you really do think about taking over the world! haha...funny interesting...niceish thoughts tho
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    So, why NFs don't do this ?

Ok the idea is crazy but with enough strategic planning and determination it would not be impossible to do achive this goal with time
    shhhhhhhhhh you'll give the plan away ....
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

what % of NFs are actually interested enough in human rights?

MBTI
    INFP

what do you think all this spirituality stuff is for. changing the world's mentality to ours, duh

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

Many types of NFs DO NOT want to control others to achieve this. And if we are only 10% we're inevitably going to have to direct someone. If all the NFs got together we would just look like a cult or a greater mass for people to reject. I think we are fine spread out and doing our work-- that way no one area is depleted of NFs!

why do INTJs always need a quick fix? let time take its course. there is a lot of suffering out there but folks need time to adjust and if you eradicated all pain at once, it would only birth a new type of dysfunction. what would NFs do with nothing to fix anymore?

pain is our friend, it lets us know that we're still alive and that something is wrong! everything is in balance -- we need people living in the past, present, and future to achieve our goal: keep on keepin' on!

again, controlling and or manipulating others against their natural will is the wrong way to bring about positive social change. As someone above me said, it starts within you...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The thing is, the world is like a giant puppy. It looks cute and you want to save it, but once it's saved you have to take care of it and it's just going to chew on your shoes, crap all over the place, and make you feel guilty for not walking it enough.

So we could save it, but then we'd just end up passing it off to the SJs and we'd be back to square one anyway.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Give your money (once you have any) to organizations that support your goals. And then do the best you can as an individual.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm not really concerned with human rights. I know that sounds like a really asshol-ish thing to say, but let's face it:

a. There are 6 billion people here and not enough resources for everyone.
    b. Even if there were enough resources for everyone, no one is going to give up their shit so other people can have more resources.
    c. The most efficient result often comes through competition, which is rendered moot if everyone shares everything.
    d. The human race is just irrational, inefficient, dumb, incompetent, lazy, immoral, and selfish as a whole. Why can I change it?
    e. The human race defines success as overcoming misery, so if you get rid of misery, you get rid of...everything?
    f. If everything were perfect, everything would be chaos. That's the great paradox of life.
    g. People need an ass-kick to accomplish stuff, and if there is no incentive, there is no ass-kick. No ass-kick = lazy asses. Lazy people don't produce stuff, and if we are not productive, we have no quality of life, and then it sucks for everyone.
    h. Most people define their existence through 'stuff' they can 'see.' No stuff = bad. So why should people give their stuff up for other people who have no stuff, even if the stuff is not really valuable or even practical?
    i. Name me one group of people willing to give up their competitive, strategic advantage for other people they do not know. Shit, even I wouldn't do that.
    j. If, by some miracle, we were to have peace on earth, which is never going to happen, we would become a third-world planet unless we evolve and get higher values and principles, which is never going to happen.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

This is more Fe than Fi.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Aeterna View Post
    I'm not really concerned with human rights. I know that sounds like a really asshol-ish thing to say, but let's face it:

a. There are 6 billion people here and not enough resources for everyone.
    b. Even if there were enough resources for everyone, no one is going to give up their shit so other people can have more resources.
    c. The most efficient result often comes through competition, which is rendered moot if everyone shares everything.
    d. The human race is just irrational, inefficient, dumb, incompetent, lazy, immoral, and selfish as a whole. Why can I change it?
    e. The human race defines success as overcoming misery, so if you get rid of misery, you get rid of...everything?
    f. If everything were perfect, everything would be chaos. That's the great paradox of life.
    g. People need an ass-kick to accomplish stuff, and if there is no incentive, there is no ass-kick. No ass-kick = lazy asses. Lazy people don't produce stuff, and if we are not productive, we have no quality of life, and then it sucks for everyone.
    Ugh....so disapointed
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"