• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs why dont you ........ ?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Take this thread as purely hypotetical but try take it somewhat seriously.

Toward the stereotype NFs are people that are most likely to be concerned about human rights. Also they make almost 10% of the worlds population.
What is about 700 000 000 NFs .

Plus you are scattered around all world. What means that you are pretty much everywhere. There is no a single country that does not have NFs in its population.

What means that if you manage to connect enough NFs you would have the power to change the world. (even on none violant ways). Especially since many others would probably join you in this endevour.

I mean from strategic point of view it can be done.

For example developed countries tend to be democratic. What means that taking controle over them is probably the easiest move if you manage to mobilize enough people (that by the way tend to like NF life philosophy for the most part). Basicly the only real opponent are multi-national corporations

What makes this a good first move for the movement. However you must not do things in secret since that will turn people of.

Once you have most of the developed world and its resources it should not be that hard to remove the third world dictators and international organized crime if you really try hard enough.

So, why NFs don't do this ?

Ok the idea is crazy but with enough strategic planning and determination it would not be impossible to do achive this goal with time

omg you really do think about taking over the world! haha...funny interesting...niceish thoughts tho :D

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

Ok the idea is crazy but with enough strategic planning and determination it would not be impossible to do achive this goal with time

shhhhhhhhhh you'll give the plan away ....

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
what % of NFs are actually interested enough in human rights?

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
what do you think all this spirituality stuff is for. changing the world's mentality to ours, duh

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Many types of NFs DO NOT want to control others to achieve this. And if we are only 10% we're inevitably going to have to direct someone. If all the NFs got together we would just look like a cult or a greater mass for people to reject. I think we are fine spread out and doing our work-- that way no one area is depleted of NFs!

why do INTJs always need a quick fix? let time take its course. there is a lot of suffering out there but folks need time to adjust and if you eradicated all pain at once, it would only birth a new type of dysfunction. what would NFs do with nothing to fix anymore? :rofl1:

pain is our friend, it lets us know that we're still alive and that something is wrong! everything is in balance -- we need people living in the past, present, and future to achieve our goal: keep on keepin' on!

again, controlling and or manipulating others against their natural will is the wrong way to bring about positive social change. As someone above me said, it starts within you...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The thing is, the world is like a giant puppy. It looks cute and you want to save it, but once it's saved you have to take care of it and it's just going to chew on your shoes, crap all over the place, and make you feel guilty for not walking it enough.

So we could save it, but then we'd just end up passing it off to the SJs and we'd be back to square one anyway.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Give your money (once you have any) to organizations that support your goals. And then do the best you can as an individual.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not really concerned with human rights. I know that sounds like a really asshol-ish thing to say, but let's face it:

a. There are 6 billion people here and not enough resources for everyone.
b. Even if there were enough resources for everyone, no one is going to give up their shit so other people can have more resources.
c. The most efficient result often comes through competition, which is rendered moot if everyone shares everything.
d. The human race is just irrational, inefficient, dumb, incompetent, lazy, immoral, and selfish as a whole. Why can I change it?
e. The human race defines success as overcoming misery, so if you get rid of misery, you get rid of...everything?
f. If everything were perfect, everything would be chaos. That's the great paradox of life.
g. People need an ass-kick to accomplish stuff, and if there is no incentive, there is no ass-kick. No ass-kick = lazy asses. Lazy people don't produce stuff, and if we are not productive, we have no quality of life, and then it sucks for everyone.
h. Most people define their existence through 'stuff' they can 'see.' No stuff = bad. So why should people give their stuff up for other people who have no stuff, even if the stuff is not really valuable or even practical?
i. Name me one group of people willing to give up their competitive, strategic advantage for other people they do not know. Shit, even I wouldn't do that.
j. If, by some miracle, we were to have peace on earth, which is never going to happen, we would become a third-world planet unless we evolve and get higher values and principles, which is never going to happen.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not really concerned with human rights. I know that sounds like a really asshol-ish thing to say, but let's face it:

a. There are 6 billion people here and not enough resources for everyone.
b. Even if there were enough resources for everyone, no one is going to give up their shit so other people can have more resources.
c. The most efficient result often comes through competition, which is rendered moot if everyone shares everything.
d. The human race is just irrational, inefficient, dumb, incompetent, lazy, immoral, and selfish as a whole. Why can I change it?
e. The human race defines success as overcoming misery, so if you get rid of misery, you get rid of...everything?
f. If everything were perfect, everything would be chaos. That's the great paradox of life.
g. People need an ass-kick to accomplish stuff, and if there is no incentive, there is no ass-kick. No ass-kick = lazy asses. Lazy people don't produce stuff, and if we are not productive, we have no quality of life, and then it sucks for everyone.

Ugh....so disapointed

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What? Isn't it true??? I mean seriously! Okay, okay, okay, yes, please let us all be politically correct and say we want world peace for everyone and we all wanna be flower power children. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, in reality, NO ONE wants peace because we all know what it would mean and what it would take to get there!

No one is willing to give up anything unless they have nothing to lose.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um. I don't want to attempt world domination! And have that much responsibility, hell no!

Okay, the burden is on you, then! How would YOU organize a whole system that accommodates every group so that no one is upset, everyone has enough, no one has too much, and no one is grappling for more????

GOOD LUCK.

A system where all cultures have equal value and esteem, where no one tries to impose his/her will on anyone, and everyone is content to let everyone be without leaving them alone but also cooperate????

Such a world DOES. NOT. EXIST.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What? Isn't it true??? I mean seriously! Okay, okay, okay, yes, please let us all be politically correct and say we want world peace for everyone and we all wanna be flower power children. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, in reality, NO ONE wants peace because we all know what it would mean and what it would take to get there!

No one is willing to give up anything unless they have nothing to lose.

What? how can i so not relate to a fellow enfp!
To address a)
There are so many resources, there are plenty for everyone!
Writing off 3rd world debt would be a good start.
(not got to the other letters yet)
But
Who is not willing to give up anything?
Iv'e seen small communities where they share their last bowl of rice and by sharing it they have a lot to loose (like nutrition). I share when i have a lot to loose, or not a lot to loose.
Many people do it, it's called humanity.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was thinking more globally, not specifically. Sure, I'm willing to give to people (especially deserving people) that is not the question.

The question here is whether you can create a system whereby there is long-term peace and contentment and a high standard of life without inflating a system to gigantic proportions and creating a system meltdown.

I maintain it is impossible purely on an economic level. Now you have to maintain political stability, cultural identity, global unity, and everything else!

Good, Lord, man, have you any idea what you are setting out to do????? :shock:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking more globally, not specifically. Sure, I'm willing to give to people (especially deserving people) that is not the question.

The question here is whether you can create a system whereby there is long-term peace and contentment and a high standard of life without inflating a system to gigantic proportions and creating a system meltdown.

I maintain it is impossible purely on an economic level. Now you have to maintain political stability, cultural identity, global unity, and everything else!

Good, Lord, man, have you any idea what you are setting out to do????? :shock:

I personally couldn't organize it, i didn't say that anywhere. My organizational skills are, at best, little more than pathetic.
But i certainly like to be party to the idea of it.
Idealism is more my bag than realism.
World wide peace, stability and equality is no mean feat.
We would need all types on board.
We would probably need to eradicate religion or find some universal one, divvy up land per capita, grow our own crops....
and on and on
oh and
definately end evil multinationals.
I don't have a solutional singulary, we need world wide co-operation.

I wasn't arguing with your premise, just the statements on their own. They feel cold.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have an attitude. :huh: I'm simply saying that I do not see why huge amounts of time, energy, and resources should be dedicated to a pursuit that is fruitless, pointless, and unreasonable. As a result, I wanted to demonstrate that not all NFs are of the same opinion, and I wanted to throw that into the mix.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Take this hypothetically, but somewhat seriously: Why don't all ya'll NT's get together and cure cancer? I mean, it's widely believed (around here anyway) that NT's have superior IQs.