User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    In actuality, i don't care enough about people and the world on a wide-scale. I'd imagine a lot of NFs start out caring, but fade off into being focused on the people/things that are in their more immediate interactions. No real clue though.
    I agree. I could bawl my eyes out for all the atrocities the earth has to suffer. But it's useless and won't change anything. What I can change is the people I come into contact with more deeply, who are the closest to me. Presenting my point of views and listening to theirs and coming to a solution that will suit us. You have to spread things person by person and they would have to do the same for things to change on a wide-scale. Everything takes time.

And how do you really know that the NF's haven't changed the world already? Maybe this world, although an occasional shithole, is still better than it could have been.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

What means that taking controle over them is probably the easiest move ...
    I don't want to control people.

For me, the ends do not justify the means.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I know part of it, for me, is that there are so many problems. I want to "make a difference", but where the hell do I start? It's overwhelming.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

We would need an ideal that everyone can agree to and feel enthusiastic about. Or a person. Without such the movement would dissolve before the first meeting. The ideal must be stronger than our personal ideals. There is no such thing. No matter how people oriented the NFs are, they would battle each other as to how the new world should be.

And then there is the question, how should the new world be? What would be the most efficient way to make the necessary changes in a way that wouldn't collapse the system? The system needs to be built from a scratch without collapsing it in between. That is impossibly hard task. That is why they haven't done it already.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

If all your premises are true, then the type of revolution nf's would be after, would for the most part, be a values based one.

The introverted judger (infp) is the behind the scenes type, the Infj the chart the course type, the Enfp the get things going type, and the Enfj's the in charge type. I could imagine that such nf's would bring important qualities to a revolution.. Enfjs and enfps are the catalists and get everybody enthused and involved, the infjs are the strategists and diplomats, whilst the infps stick at the cause until the bitter end. However, a value based revolution (cultural and social change) takes time to achieve.

In the case of the velvet revolution, it was possible to convince hundreds of thousands of people to attach to a values based cause (main impetus being the infringement of liberties) and overthrow opression in a matter of days, which is UNbelievable! BUT, considering it happened not too long ago, you'd think Czechoslovakia would have more to show for it... but largely, the spirit and energy and creation of a politically active civil society, was lost on the next generation. The children of the revolutionaries largely know nothing of the struggles of their parents.

Bottom up change only lasts as long as the civil society keeps those in power on guard. If nf's were to create a revolution, they need to seek out stations of authority. In Government, business, economics, law blah blah blah. Perhaps most important of all, in education. I think bottom up sociocultural change can only be truly influential via education. That is more powerful than the positions of authority up the top.
    So one revolution in this generation can last as long as this generation alone. Necessarily so, perhaps, as contexts change. Perhaps nfs have long gathered together and work towards slowly moving sociocultural change, rather than seek out positions of authority to affect immediate and sweeping change.

But yes, as others have mentioned, whom is the judge of what is best for others? i'm no neocon, and I dont believe in absolute values (im a bit of a nihilist) sooo... although my heart is in the right place when I feel strongly about issues, I would not like to enforce brutish changes on society. I'm all for being politically active- my main concern being the environment.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    Perhaps most important of all, in education. I think bottom up sociocultural change can only be truly influential via education. That is more powerful than the positions of authority up the top.
    "We cure your diseases, we heal your traumas, we teach your children... Do not fuck with us!"

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    "We cure your diseases, we heal your traumas, we teach your children... Do not fuck with us!"

On a side note...
    I do not agree with the notion of the education system, or rather, the nature of it. But if anyones going to produce change, that's the most influential route.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    I do not agree with the notion of the education system, or rather, the nature of it. But if anyones going to produce change, that's the most influential route.
    Agreed. It is also the safest route, considering the possibility of system meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'm lazy.
    Yep, this .

Though I like Antisocial's thinking. I'm a bit of an all or nothing person. If I'm going to be unlazy, I want to do it with a good chance of success.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP

A simple answer would be unlike NT's, NF's go a more natural route, with slow, yet less damaging change.