• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What NF's look for in a potential mate

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Physical: Not really picky, but generally I prefer petite women. Generally, the person has to be acceptable in the looks department, but I don't mind the so called 3's or 4's. Hell, I was once attracted to a girl with a permanent disfiguration of one side of her face, but it really was superficial, and if you hanged with the girl you would really be able to see her true beauty. Lol, this sounds horrible, but she looked amazing on left side profile shots

Emotional: I can't think of what one would be like. I am not too big on the emotions thing, more focused on fun. Generally, I like INxJ's a lot. They are my favorite types. I guess my most important thing in a partner is for that person to have empathy and compassion for others. The INTJ's that I seem to like (there are many different types of INTJ's) understand that we all have a duty to help others whenever we can.

Mental: This is the most important part, I want a person that I can blab with for hours and will be willing to explore any novel situation under the sun. As long as you like to talk (doesn't have to be with a crowd, it can be with me only) and have fun, you fit my bill.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Physical: I strongly prefer cute over 'gorgeous'....I LOVE a girl next door look. I love women that take care of themselves by staying in shape, gym time and watching what they eat. Petite/short is what I prefer. A great smile and soft, big brown eyes....mmmmmmm.....I'm done for....

Emotional: I seem to be really drawn to INFJ's....I am fascinated by Artisans....I love them soft, empathetic, giving and even keel. I adore shy girls. Affection is #1 for me in a relationship.

Mental: Smart...but not out of the ordinary. I love a girl that has her own passions....and I love watching her engage in them. I am very attracted to a girl that can tell me off and still make me feel like a man.....

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think I filled this before, but as I've been thinking about this recently, I'll update it.

Physical: This is primary. If there is no mutual physical attraction and chemistry, that's not a romantic partner, that's a friend. Which is fine, but that's not what this thread is about. You need passion, people! I can have very good emotional and other connections with people, but the thing that's missing is the physical chemistry and romantic vibe. So when it comes to romantic relationships, I do *not* play down the importance of the physical aspects.

Honestly, you know in the first 15 seconds of interacting with someone if you find them hot and if you have natural chemistry. Sometimes it sneaks up on you or one of you cleans up well, but it's usually instant and pheromonal. I like the hot ones. And hopefully they like me.

I must be viscerally physically attracted to them. The physical chemistry has to be natural and very good.

So-So and "let me try to like them" doesn't cut it here. Not enjoying making out with them is also a clear sign it's not meant to be.

Emotional: Are they present? Emotionally healthy and mature? Are they able to be there for me? Can they withstand my intensity? Can they match it? Can they delve into places and be honest? Can they have adult conversations? Can we help each other grow? A generous/giving spirit is very important to me in a partner. Someone who can push through my walls and reach me. Someone who I feel comfortable with doing the same.

Mental: Um...I guess I don't understand this other than to say they need to be mentally stable. Respectful. Mentally can go places together and be open. Basically, have great conversations with and can explore the world and each other with. Someone who can be silly with me and also tough and real.

The best matches are people where all three areas click NATURALLY and very strongly. Where you think, "OMG, this person is so cool!" and you are naturally drawn to them and want to be around them and spend time with them. That's what I look for. Relationships are hard, so the more natural affinity you have with someone, the easier and more enjoyable it is.

I'm looking for that delicious click where things fall into an intoxicating groove.

Yes, inside, somewhere, I remain a 13 year old prone to sighing and giggling.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Physical: I strongly prefer cute over 'gorgeous'....I LOVE a girl next door look. I love women that take care of themselves by staying in shape, gym time and watching what they eat. Petite/short is what I prefer. A great smile and soft, big brown eyes....mmmmmmm.....I'm done for....

Emotional: I seem to be really drawn to INFJ's....I am fascinated by Artisans....I love them soft, empathetic, giving and even keel. I adore shy girls. Affection is #1 for me in a relationship.

Mental: Smart...but not out of the ordinary. I love a girl that has her own passions....and I love watching her engage in them. I am very attracted to a girl that can tell me off and still make me feel like a man.....

Damn, that would actually be my ideal mate, but I haven't found one of those with everything. :D

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
male enfp's UNIIIIIITE!!

that's how i like my girls too :p.

damn.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Physical: Has to be interested in eating well to mainain an attractive weight. May sound shallow but honestly nobody is interested in a blimp.

Emotional: Moodiness is very unattractive, but aware of his emotions and courageous enough to express them is an immediate turn on.

Mental: Thoughtful, deep, introspective. Learned about the things that count, like how to have a healthy relationship... a desire to communicate, understands the diff between discussing & argueing - argueing in my opinion is a sign of immaturity. We can discuss our differences, not argue them. And I love talkative men, it's so cute :blush:

Also must share my morals and beliefs. My fav qualities in ANY person is selflessness and humility.

AW just talking about my dream guy makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Lol, if Lane is a confirmed INFJ, she would be high up on all lists of the male ENFP. :devil:

Physical = Pass (Confirmed)
Emotional = Pass (theoretically based on INFJ type)
Mental = Pass (see above)

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know enough about relationships to give an in-depth answer. The basics to what I want in a mate are simple, though: I want someone who will love me deeply. I want a woman who can give me all the affection and caring in the world, someone who'll actually love me back.

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
I don't know enough about relationships to give an in-depth answer. The basics to what I want in a mate are simple, though: I want someone who will love me deeply. I want a woman who can give me all the affection and caring in the world, someone who'll actually love me back.

Awww =)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Lol, if Lane is a confirmed INFJ, she would be high up on all lists of the male ENFP. :devil:

Physical = Pass (Confirmed)
Emotional = Pass (theoretically based on INFJ type)
Mental = Pass (see above)

haha and dont forget the ENTPs

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Physical Dreamy and elegant, the kind that makes you forget reality

Emotional Very caring and kind, with a real intense passion

Mental very smart and determined to achieve goals

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Physical: I'd like someone reasonably healthy or better. I cannot fault a person for being overweight (I am) or bad at regular exercise (my inspiration comes in spurts). But excessive drinking, being a smoker, or routine recreational drug use definitely puts me off, as well as being so morbidly obese that you need a forklift to remove you from your home.

Emotional: I'd like someone capable of true affection, but respectful of my space when I need it. I will do my very best to return the favor without complaint. Oh, and fidelity, fidelity, FIDELITY. If you can't be true? --then so long to you.

Mental: I'd like someone reasonably intelligent. I'm not going to demand IQ testing, but we need to hold a conversation at least mildly well on current events. Tolerance is another biggie; if you can't disagree without being disagreeable das boot mein friend.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Define the following characteristics-

Physical: Someone around my age that I can grow old with; beautiful, kind eyes; gentle hands.

Emotional: Moodswings are fine by me. The switching of moods is a natural part of life. I would like them to be balanced though. Experiencing the moods but not living through them. Sweet, honest, considerate, but also someone a little more dominant than me that isn't afraid of allowing the relationship to be on equal footing- if that made sense. Able to laugh at himself.

Mental: Intelligent yet not arrogant. An intellectual. Witty but not cruel. Able to admit to mistakes and seek forgiveness. Humble.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How about understanding and acceptance? If I can have that then everything else can fall away.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Physical:

Approachable, essentially. Physically fit, definitely, but I dont need it overdone. There's something disheartening about someone who is at the gym 90% of their free time. I don't want someone that's bigger than I am, though. It would be awkward fast.

Emotional:

Stable, but not dry. Someone who is dynamic but not overly gushy. Sincere.

Mental:

Someone who I can talk about silly ideas with and not have to explain 90% of what I think of to. Someone amused by/interested in my random musings is a big plus sign. Someone who has a similar interest as me is required. I'm willing to try out your ideas of fun, only if you're willing to try mine.

How about understanding and acceptance? If I can have that then everything else can fall away.

Ditto :)
But I don't expect anyone to understand me. Heck, I don't want anyone to THINK they understand me (I'd rather have a person 'feel' they understand me, if you get what I mean. I don't mean if they're a Feeler or a Thinker either), but the willingness to work at trying to understand what and who I am is an absolute necessity.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Physical:attraction

Emotional:depth

Mental:keenness

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Define the following characteristics-

Physical:

Emotional:

Mental:

Physical: must have a physical disability; otherwise there's this unbridgeable gap between us. My preference is for paraplegics as they have al that upper body strength and can get around pretty easily. Someone with a good knowledge of body mechanics and who takes care of himself.

Emotional: must be emotionally available and expressive, even if he's a T. Someone who can accept my bipolar, even if he doesn't completely understand it.

Mental: intellectual with an edge of blue-collar street smarts.

Last edited:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Physical: Must love his smell, must find him attractive.

Emotional: Less emotional than me but more emotional than a fish.

Mental: Must be regarded and respected as an intellectual equal, must be an independent, critical thinker who both stimulates and challenges me.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Physical: 6ft, athletic, dark hair, green eyes or warm brown eyes

Emotional: Connects with me and gets me in some way. Wants to connect, hates games and distance. Loves silence and isn't scared of depth. Wild, playful.

Mental: Can level me in most fields, I want a challenge.