• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What NF's look for in a potential mate

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I like guys who are funny, lighthearted, and outgoing~ There's a natural charisma I'm attracted to, and I like being around people that can bring the fun side of me out. Carefree, confident, and inspired people are very sexy.
However, they have to be able to listen and dream. They don't need to be the "smartest" people, but someone who can look at the world and talk about what they see in a open-minded way is beautiful.
I don't need someone judging me. And I don't need someone clinging on me without any self-confidence. I don't like it when people think they have to be constantly doting on me. Freedom must remain.

I want to be able to connect to people and not hide anything around them. But honestly, it seems people like that can be incredibly hard to find...

So yeah; male, fun, and open-minded.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
intelligent, passionate, open-minded, weighs less than me, shorter than me. (both not hard to do seeing as i weigh 210ish and am 6'2")

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Typically, attributes that attract me:

1. Physical- taller than me, healthy, medium-built. I like to feel embraced/protected when I snuggle up to my man! =)

2. Emotional/Intellectual- fairly balanced NF qualities- someone who's idealistic/realistic at the same time. I like a guy who can spot out bullcrap/at the same time, is optimistic, authentic, warm-hearted, and sincere towards others.

3. Genuine smile (I LOVE).

I tend to like guys who are altruistic/has strong family values- someone who's traditional in sexual aspects of monogamous relationships, but shares political/social values I do (rare coming from where I live).

Oleander

MBTI Type
INFP
Wide-ranging intelligence determined to make its own mind up about things and a certain amount of eccentricity. Not so much that it starts to look a mere attention-seeking fashion statement though. Grundge and Punk might be attractive up to a point but they can also mark the person out as wearing the group uniform every bit as much as does a suit. Likewise, it's one thing to see flaws in society but another to wave Marx, the Bible, Dworkin, Nietzsche ... at them as the One and Only Answer to All Things.

And somebody with an appreciation for arts and crafts and Nature and a mind that sees ignorance as something interesting to find out about.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not being bigger/taller than me is kind of a no-go for me. I like to feel like I'm not physically in charge, know what I mean? When last ENTP held me upside down with one arm I was both royally furious and "Hey,... that's... that's kinda... hot. Arg, put me down!!" He outweighed me by at least 100 pounds, and was taller than me by about 10 inches. Very big fella.

On the other hand, how can anyone date Shaq or Yao Ming? That's too tall!!

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
depth, authenticity, intelligence, wit, and Passion.

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Lol judging by the length of this thread, its true what they say about NFs being romantics :doh:

Anyway.

Physical: Unimportant, though it'd be great if the guy were taller than me. And had good hygiene.

Emotional: Independent, stable. Not too clingy (suffocating), yet not too cold and detached like the lifeless barren surface of the Moon or some such apt simile (excuse me pea-brained-ness :rolli: )

Mental: Clever, but not arrogant/close-minded about it. Reasonable, ie. must be willing to concede he can be wrong!! Conversations should be thought-provoking and insightful. And I love a witty man. (humour! dry wit/sarcasm = :drool: We have to share the same sense of humour..)

BUT bearing in mind that there's a lot more to a mate than his physical/emotional/mental state... His VALUES/MORAL PRIORITIES must be congruent with mine!!!! If not its an immediate no-go.

Said values include:
Integrity*
Honesty/trustworthiness
Faithfulness/fidelity*
Respect for others*
Responsibility
Drive/passion to stick up for what he believes in, do what he loves
Compassion*
Kindness
Make an effort to get along, preferably well, with my family & friends (this shows respect) *

* ones marked with asterisk are absolutely essential.

This sounds like impossibly high standards. Haha. But... they don't call ENFPs (or just me) idealists for nothing! :D

lane777

nevermore
Physical: Has to be interested in eating well to mainain an attractive weight. May sound shallow but honestly nobody is interested in a blimp.

Emotional: Moodiness is very unattractive, but aware of his emotions and courageous enough to express them is an immediate turn on.

Mental: Thoughtful, deep, introspective. Learned about the things that count, like how to have a healthy relationship... a desire to communicate, understands the diff between discussing & argueing - argueing in my opinion is a sign of immaturity. We can discuss our differences, not argue them. And I love talkative men, it's so cute :blush:

Also must share my morals and beliefs. My fav qualities in ANY person is selflessness and humility.

AW just talking about my dream guy makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Physical: A pretty face. Don't care about much else.

Emotional: Feedback. If you have something on your mind don't hide it for me.

Mental:
Open-mindedness. I can be a real character sometimes, and I don't feel good having to behave differently in front of my girlfriend. Accepting me for who I am is the most important thing. That's why I'm a fan of chance meetings. Premeditation implies preparation, and preparation implies adulteration of one's natural self to suit the person. I don't like that.

Physical: Has to be interested in eating well to mainain an attractive weight. May sound shallow but honestly nobody is interested in a blimp.

Plato is/says hi(gh)!

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Nobody likes fat people.

Not even other fat people.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Physical:
In good shape meaning toned but no visible muscle. 5 2 or 5 3 as far as height. able to keep up with me physically or be even better then me would be sweet. might make a nice little competition. otherwise i dont really care. the last two make a much bigger difference.

Emotional:
must be able to handle their emotions so i dont really have to worry too much about it, but i dont want a robot either. there is nothing worse (relationship wise) then a girl that is completely unable to handle her emotions. must be able to talk about their emotions openly with no problems.

Mental:
i dig girls i can have really deep convos with about practically anything. basically i really like girls that are intelligent. i dont care if they are more/less intelligent then me.

im pretty easy to please i would like to think lol

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
A penis is required.

A brain generally would be nice. I guess I'm not as picky as I thought.. as these were the first two that came to mind.

LoL:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1: . I think I might like you. Don't let me down!