• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What NF's look for in a potential mate

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In very cold places. :D

Jockrepeller

MBTI Type
INFJ
My current relationship serves me well, though. My boyfriend is fairly easy to read, which after the bipolar ex is WONDERFUL. He doesn't have any deep, unresolved issues that I need to fix for him

Hi quietgirl, new INFj here. Just wondered what MBTI type is your boyfriend?

I have not been in anything that I could say was a good committed relationship up until now myself.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jock, go introduce yourself to everyone in the Intro thread! We'd all love to say hello. :)

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Physical: Healthy, proportional in frame, confident, high libido.

Emotional: Stable, to love is a verb, empathetic, confident.

Mental: Stable, independent, interests/hobbies, passionate, confident, interesting, logical.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi quietgirl, new INFj here. Just wondered what MBTI type is your boyfriend?

I have not been in anything that I could say was a good committed relationship up until now myself.

Hi! :)

There's no telling his type. I posted a thread in the What's My Type section, but he keeps testing different types. He's borderline on just about all letters - but it's been narrowed down to ISTP, ISFJ, INFJ, or a weak extravert ENFJ. haha.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Physical: quite important for me, sadly. I must be savagely attracted. However, the girls I fall hardest for are rarely conventionally pretty. It usually takes a while for me to realize that I find them attractive. My first reaction to their appearances tends to be "Hmm, she has a strange look. Definitely not ugly but... What is it about her appearance? Intriguing..."

Emotional: I tend to fall for girls who are coming out of a dark place rather than girls who are going into one. Girls who have never been into a dark place are fascinating but I tend to leave them alone as much as possible. It's stupid, but I guess I don't want to be the one to "taint" them.

Mental: I guess the same as anyone. Smart enough to be interesting, not so smart that she doesn't find me interesting. It's a fine line. Offbeat sense of humour definitely desirable. Preferably an understated, intelligent offbeat sense of humour (as opposed to the "zany, wacky" offbeat sense of humour). Must definitely laugh at my jokes or at least laugh at me as I tell my jokes.

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
NFs can be so detached and optimistic when they are ready for "change", and they idealize other people so much... They can make ANYONE their "potential mate"

While NT's look for flaws in people, NF's look for what's good. They can see good in anyone.

Then a few months pass by and reality hits them. Back to square one.

I think I have to agree with you! My INFJ friend...married on the rebound....and a SHORT time later....realized what a mistake the marriage was. NTs DO look for flaws (as evidenced by some of the NEGATIVE threads/comments on the NT forums..especially INTP Central!)...and NFs are so positive. Ah...it makes me miss my INFJ friend right now.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Physical: Ideally, someone close to my height and weight, and in good health. Fair, creamy skin, high cheekbones, bright eyes and blond or brown hair are particularly attractive. There are a lot of things, however, I need to improve about myself before I really have the right to talk.

Emotional: Probably someone who feels with similar intensity as me. A man who is mature and driven, and who would keep me motivated to improve myself (but who will still let me know that I am desirable.) I like intimacy and privacy, so I would appreciate that in a potential partner.

Mental: Intellect is attractive, but I don't believe that it's a total be a necessity. A reflective nature can make up for lack of academic interest if we can still have thoughtful conversations. Someone who is more practicaly-minded would be nice, since I'm a bit airy.

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
NFs what are you attracted to in a mate?

This is pretty much jacked from a thread I saw in the SJ boards but, what do you like physically, Emotionally, and mentally in a potential mate?

PhysicallY: I like someone that's on the taller side, facial hair is a plus, but low hair cuts, clean cut look generally. Good Hygeine.

emotionally: someone thats not a mushy sap, but can communicate their feelings.

Mentally: focused, rational, responsible

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
dude, there are a million threads like this already!

basically the typical ENFP traits :D. morality, intelligence, open mindedness etc.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Typically, I've been attracted to outgoing, short brunettes, but honestly it doesn't matter. I try to not dwell too much on this sort of topic.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A penis is required.

A brain generally would be nice. I guess I'm not as picky as I thought.. as these were the first two that came to mind.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm attracted to everything that people lack. I'm doomed.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd be willing to grow a prehensile tail for the right person. :devil:

V

violaine

I like deep, original thinkers and funny guys but in reality... ?? There doesn't seem to be any commonality with who I date, but that they all seem nice at the start.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Well physicallly: taller than me, passable.Actually my theory is that guys who are extremely good looking are often quite aware of that fact and act accordingly in 80% of cases :), so I either have some real competition(ew...-.-) or a seriously over-inflated ego.
Now the good part:
- Someone who is intelligent, preferably more than me because for some reason I really like to learn things from people ^^. I like the feeling that he is bringing something to me and that I will return the favor as well.
- Someone who has a heart, no need to cry over the titanic more than I do. I mean that I like someone who has good intentions in general, basically someone "nice". Generosity and acceptance are my priorities...emotionalism isn't.
- Someone who (maybe I sound masochist but)can give me tough love occasionally, if I'm in the wrong , a slap is actually necessary in the long run.People who agree 24/7 are pretty suspicious and desperate :p.
- I also love a sense of humor and focused energy. Basically it's not someone who'll exhaust himself after an hour spent with me, plus I like to be "dragged" into new things. I tend to be a bit negative and wary so someone positive and lighthearted always contaminates me in a good way and a guy who can make me laugh is the best.(I don't laugh easily though...:(

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Requirements for love/passion:

1. They have to love me for who I am while understanding at least a considerable amount about me, and I have to be comfortable with them, therefore
2. They have to be a good friend of mine, able to connect and shit.
3. They should be insightful at least to an extent.
4. They must be kind to their surroundings and creatures great and small. (if they had some sort of spiritual connection with nature that'd be hot)
5. They have to be patient.
6. They should at least attempt to give a lot of physical affection (even if they aren't good at it), and be romantic sometimes.
7. They can't be frigging women and let their emotions take over their thoughts at inappropriate times, thereby crushing their dignity and worth when they are needed to be men in a situation. It's good to cry, but don't freaking cry more than I do. (Unless it's my fault. Then I'm sorry.)
8. I like quieter/more soft-spoken guys (bit of a dreamer, like me :) ). I'll be honest, most of the time I don't like being the #2 in the spotlight. I would rather do something myself worth getting recognition for and showing off who I love than vice versa as a means of my signifigance to the world.
9. I don't want anyone that is convinced they have to "prove themself" to me.
10. I don't want anyone pretentious, anal, or with any hint of a superiority complex.
11. They should be able to express what they're feeling to me in words, at least some of the time.
12. They should believe in themselves. I don't want to be having to do it all for them.
The perfect one would have a soul like this song YouTube - Princess Mononoke - Ashitaka and San .

Unrelated to love per se, but still important:
- sense of style
- they should have their shit together, basically
- they should be very very cute :3

However, if I was just looking to have some fun an ESFP dude or a rockstar or something would be awesome.

Btw.
A penis is not required.
(I mean, they have to be MALE in chromosomes but it might've gotten amputated or something.)