• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs interested in science

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
In one class, the prof was so lazy that the tests were literally regurgitated homework problems. So, even on tests that had no computation, you'd hear click-clacking of calculators--since people put the solutions to those problems in their calculators. I had more honor than that, and I actually tried to learn the material, but that got in the way of actually succeeding in the class.

I've had lots of classes like this. I *am* enjoying graduate school more, but if I had to do Life again, would do graduate school on its own without adding a full-time job in as well.

Carl Sagan was particularly good at presenting this side of science, probably why some people want to type him as an F.

Carl Sagan is awesome. That is all!

I know an ENFJ friend from the UK who focused more on scientific classes such as Biology, Chemistry and Physics in Secondary School. She went on to do Archeology in Uni...

Archaeology would have been my 2nd choice for a major. I *love* studying ancient cultures/civilizations. I went with computer science/software engineering because I figured I would be able to make enough money to go to all these different places, whereas if I did Archaeology I'd probably get stuck focused on one thing.

G

garbage

I've had lots of classes like this. I *am* enjoying graduate school more, but if I had to do Life again, would do graduate school on its own without adding a full-time job in as well.
During my masters, I worked full-time and went to school full time, because I'm fuckin' insane and just wanted to get it done ASAP but I also wanted to get some experience. During the Ph.D., I'd slacked off a bit--I took two classes a semester. Life was better!

Our GRAs have it pretty good, and we let them have flexible schedules. I'll be damned if I'm going to get in the way of their education..

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love all sciences. I'm a Polymath wannabe. :)
But specifically I love Psychology. The human brain is simple for me to understand. Behaviors and social motions are as clear as fish in a river to me. So... Pretty natural that that'd be my place of expertise.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't believe this thread got more response than my gene splice thread. What's wrong w u ppl?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on the science. I don't care for biology and chemistry. They give me a headache. As a nurse, I surprisingly hated anatomy too. Anything concerning really small details or requiring too much microscope was a big no-no for me. I really really hated microbiology as well. Thank GOD they are over. I did tutor this nice ESL lady in chemistry though. We got through it together. I liked pathophysiology and pharmacology the most. Out of school, I LOVE like those popular quantum physics books that talk about how the universe works and potentials for alternate realities and stuff but only because it gives me something to think about, I'm not too hardcore on that. Popular neuroscience. (Well, not TOO popular, the books have to be somewhat informative/ challenging at least.) Right now I'm reading something about beliefs and how they shape your reality of the world. I forget what it's called. While psychology and neuroscience go hand in hand, I feel like the neuroscience just gives a much more solid, full, awesome picture of what goes on with people. I wish it was a faster advancing field though.