User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

I find genetics studies very interesting. But that's the only non-social science I like. I didn't mind studying biology in school but I hated chemistry, too much math...

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    I have an amateur interest in astronomy, physics, relativity, particle theory, and quantum mechanics.
    Mmhmm mmhmm mmhmm.

I will readily sniff out information relevant to whatever idea I'm working on from the other sciences as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    As a child and teenager, science and math were my favorite subjects in school.

I was most drawn to biology - specific topics that interested me were genetics, evolution, and ecology. Throw in natural history...learning about individual organisms, whether they be birds, flowers, etc, was also great. And birding was a main hobby of mine starting in junior high. I also subscribed to a few magazines related to these topics, and read some non-fiction books as well, during my free time. Still definitely enjoy all of these topics and love learning more about any of it.

Outside of biology, in high-school level science, I enjoyed all of it - chemistry was great, as was earth science/geology, etc. Even physics was ok. However, once in college, I quickly learned I wasn't that into physics, and although I still found chemistry interesting, I wasn't super skilled at the coursework (getting into organic)...I couldn't ever achieve higher than a B. Which frustrated me. LOVED math (calculus) courses in college, though.
    INFP Science (According to NTs):

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

..and all this time I thought, the most scientific we NFs get is pondering the evolution of unicorns, and perhaps how, or whether or not, they are related to the pegasus.

You have all proven me so very wrong. *tear*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ..and all this time I thought, the most scientific we NFs get is pondering the evolution of unicorns, and perhaps how, or whether or not, they are related to the pegasus.

You have all proven me so very wrong. *tear*
    As NF scientists, we still regard this as an important problem, and, believe me, we're trying to do everything we can to solve it.

MBTI
    INFP

Neuroscience and all cognitive sciences (anything involving the human mind) is probably my largest area of interest in the scientific field, as a complement to psychology. Additional interests are biology, evolution, genetics, behavioural sciences, and astronomy. I have an interest in physics and chemistry only to the point they tie into the aforementioned disciplines, not in and of themselves.

I did a chemistry and biology in high school. I avoided physics because I knew it wasn't for me. I dropped out of chemistry halfway through the year because I found it irrelevant for my frame of thinking and the workload was a lot. Chemistry was like maths to me, but at least somewhat interesting. My parents pressured me into doing maths, and it was easily my worst subject. I topped my cohort in the biology finals.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

/* I must read this thread completely later.

I have degrees in Biology and Aquaculture. I minored in Chemistry.

I operate a koi hatchery. I have 200,000 koi that take care of. We make 25 varieties of koi, and several kinds of goldfish.

I choose the parents. I decide who will be sold to whom. I choose who will become a parent fish in the future and enter into our breeding program. I photograph fish for marketing. Etc.

MBTI
    IxxP
    Socionics
    SEI

I'm studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths at school/6th Form.. and It's boring me to TEARS. :|
    I'm only taking them because... I'm somewhat good at them. I wouldn't say I find any of it interesting, but I enjoyed learning about biochemistry. Maybe because it's the only thing that makes sense to me ~~waft~~

MBTI
    IxxP
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    /* I must read this thread completely later.

I have degrees in Biology and Aquaculture. I minored in Chemistry.

I operate a koi hatchery. I have 200,000 koi that take care of. We make 25 varieties of koi, and several kinds of goldfish.

I choose the parents. I decide who will be sold to whom. I choose who will become a parent fish in the future and enter into our breeding program. I photograph fish for marketing. Etc.
    Holy crap that sounds awesome :o Never heard of anyone being a Koi farmer. Then again, there's always somebody to do a job.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I love science, second favourite subject in school.
    Although i'd have actually enjoyed it at school if I actually bothered to take school seriously in any amount, I wish I payed attention.
    Biology and chemistry where my two favourites.

p.s something cool, I wonder if this will ever attack humans to control us? >
    God forbid that actually happens... *touches wood.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8