User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

This is all very interesting. You all seem to be describing Fe as something on the inside, but which can't readily be seen always. That's how I see introverted functions, but I never expected to see extroverted functions hidden that way. In an introvert, the auxiliary is the primary way of interacting with and acting in the external world, but for INFJs, that process seems to be restrained by the introvertedness or by the shell of IxxJness.

It may be slightly different for INTJs, whose auxiliary allows them to act in the world without necessarily interacting with people - it may make using the auxiliary less threatening to introversion?

It's strange - I've entertained the possibility that I may be an INFJ, and a lot of it fits, particularly the use of Ti. But it's always the Fe auxiliary that makes me think it must be otherwise, because, based on my understanding of Fe, it's one of my least used functions. But they way you're all describing it, it almost sounds more like a FeFi hybrid.

When you read a description of Fe, how strongly do you relate to it? How do you see your Fe differing from Fi?

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I think of Fe as understanding of how your actions and behaviors influence others, tuning into their own feelings and their own personal experiences. Fi is being in tune with your own emotional processes, not necessarily the needs of others.

I tend to relate to the Fe description pretty well, just I know there are moments where I have to look out for myself as well as other people. There has to be a delicate balance between selflessness and selfishness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think Fi worries less about social appropriateness or other's reactions (how it's going to make other people feel, am I making things work for everyone involved?) and more about inner convictions (am I being true to myself, even if it's at the expense making things go smoothly for the group?).

With Fe, the experiences of the world around you are used to process your own thoughts and feelings, while with Fi, your own thoughts and feelings give you insight into the world around you.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Contrary to how it might seem on the outside, INFJs feel a lot, and very fiercely and deeply. Fe seeks to connect. However, being introverts, INFJs don't have that much energy to do so. I certainly don't. I get exhausted if I get too engaged with people, because I will start to feel too much, and it's overwhelming. The only way to cope is to keep most relationships at a comfortable distance, where I don't have to care too much about them. It may sound selfish, but I only truly care about some (very few) individuals. The rest is kept at the other side of the barrier. It takes a very special person (and a very long time) to get past that barrier.

But once you're in, you'll be loved to bits
    This is exactly how I feel...Good to know Im not broken..just INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    First vibe I get from INFJs varies from cool to normal... then I get to know them better and realize how strange they are
    LOL LOL

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

One reason you don't see the feeling is because I don't like to impose. My strength of feeling might not feel good to you, so I'm sensitive to how much to let out at any given time. You might not be showing all your cards, either -- most people have more going on than they let on -- so my antennae are up all the time. When I get a good solid sense of where you are, then I can show my emotions in some way that won't overwhelm you and that you might enjoy or benefit from. In the meantime, I'm content to own my own and just sit with them. Also I have to give myself time to think about what I get from you, because feeling is synonymous with being for me, and what I have a gut reaction to may or may not be true, so there's always a lag time between what I think and what I say or show. That's in an effort to do service to the relationship, whatever it might be.

Plus I am really really interested more than anything in who the other person is. So I don't want to do anything to interfere with their true expression. I am more interested in seeing who you are than in you seeing who I am. Or, who I am is someone who wants to see who you are, and I can't look at you if I'm busy drawing attention to myself.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Tilty brings up a good point. Fi would be more likely to not worry as much about how well we know each other, our respective rank (in a work situation), how others might view things etc - if they saw someone in pain, they would be more likely to want to comfort them immediately (at least as explained by Amargith ENFP).

I think my INFJ wish not to impose, as well as to observe enough to confirm my hypothesis and note patterns makes me take much longer to express it, even if I am taking in all of those signals quite actively to try to form a composite picture of what is going on. Those perceptions all gathered together inform my future behaviour toward the person.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    This is all very interesting. You all seem to be describing Fe as something on the inside, but which can't readily be seen always. That's how I see introverted functions, but I never expected to see extroverted functions hidden that way. In an introvert, the auxiliary is the primary way of interacting with and acting in the external world, but for INFJs, that process seems to be restrained by the introvertedness or by the shell of IxxJness.

It may be slightly different for INTJs, whose auxiliary allows them to act in the world without necessarily interacting with people - it may make using the auxiliary less threatening to introversion?

It's strange - I've entertained the possibility that I may be an INFJ, and a lot of it fits, particularly the use of Ti. But it's always the Fe auxiliary that makes me think it must be otherwise, because, based on my understanding of Fe, it's one of my least used functions. But they way you're all describing it, it almost sounds more like a FeFi hybrid.
    Picture this:

you've entered a strange new realm. You crossed through a portal. Mechanistic solutions to objective problems are no longer separable from immediate affect. When you see a process run inefficiently, it hurts you directly. You suffer along with the grinding gear that slows down the engine, and you sympathise with the wrong turn that couldn't help but make the journey longer. A computer that runs slowly when you just know it could be so much better, is like a knife in your chest. You have become an INFJ of inanimate objects.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    My Fe usually expresses itself in being aware of what unspoken vibes are floating around among the different people that I am talking to. I think it is one of the reasons that I find socializing in a large group of people I don't know well more difficult, because it takes more effort to interpret what I am seeing and there is more stimuli to juggle all at once.

From what I've seen, I would agree that Fe filtered through Ni can make it look very diferent even if it is coming from the same INFJ personality type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    This sounds to me more like Ni perception. I've had someone once try to dictate what a group was feeling, and said Fe should pick up these "unspoken vibes", and it was hard to tell if that was true. SolitaryWalker did once describe an overdominant Ni as overtaking Fe, and making the person project the way they think things should be onto the group. But then I now think the person was really an ENTJ trying to maintain supposed turf, especially since they did not really sync with the group themselves.

So it would seem to be Ni perceiving the unspoken vibes, and then Fe responding to it (and it then seeming like Fi, which also can pick up what people need without it being spoken).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yes, that's probably a more accurate way of stating it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

My use of Fe generally involves controlling my presentation in order to get the desired response. This can mean a lot of things, depending on what kind of response I want, but it usually involves treating people with courtesy and cultivating an aura of low-key elegance. My goal in such cases is to promote a sense of mutual respect, and there's nothing overtly emotional about it; it's everyday civilized behavior, and I often dole it out without feeling much of anything. With the few I'm truly close to, on the other hand, my use of Fe takes on a visibly emotional aspect; it involves tending to the person's welfare (sometimes to the point of mothering them) and sharing my emotional landscape in the hopes that they'll do the same.

Lest you think that Fe is all hugs and butterflies, I'll also mention that I can use the process as a weapon, for example, when people reject me. In those and similar cases, I begin to treat people as playthings--I push all their buttons and deliberately make a spectacle of everyone. My goal is to tear everything apart, to go absolutely wild and milk the situation for all it's worth. It's a little bit of shadow Se, but it communicates itself through Fe.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]