User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Hey ENFP, what do you think of the INTP?

There are crazy stories about these two chemistry matches. Everything from magic, to a couple about automatic dislike, to leaving a hole in your heart.
    Personally I think it could be one fo the best MBTI matches. INTPs let ENFPs take the spotlight, and can be emotional and need us to soothe their worries.
    But I see nothing but sob stories about ENFP-INTP relationships.
    It usually ends with the ENFP leaving and breaking the INTP's heart. A lot of people blame the ENFP's superficiality, or lack of interest.
    The way I could see it going wrong is:
    Instant chemistry. It's intense and everything feels perfect and matched. The INTP begins to worry that the ENFP doesn't feel the same, and being that we usually have to prod them a little to get their deeper emotions out, they don't tell us. Instead they distance themselves, and the ENFp takes this so completely the wrong way. They feel like the INTP doesn't like them anymore and end up leaving for fear of being hurt or hurting the INTP.

I'm currently in a long-lasting INTP-ENFP relationship, and we both recognize the signs of the story above. We've worked out a damn good system. It's still a little disheartening to see nothing but sad stories.

So guys, what's your take on ENFP-INTP relations and the INTP in general?
    "I do not have delusions of grandeur. I am grand!" - My Mother (An ENTP)

garbage

Seems like it could work under the right circumstances.

They're cute in social situations, and it's refreshing that they don't seem to give a damn about them sometimes. Oh, and they like at least a sprinkling of independence, which is nice.

As long as they're not one of those terribly stubborn types. There's nothing worse than someone who thinks that they're right and can't change their mind and thinks that their view is the absolute objective truth.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I find the chemistry can be incredible with INTPs, and usually instantaneous almost. I can see it working, but what usually makes me decide against it for long-term is the fact that you inevitably get that miscommunication between Fi,Ti,Te and Fe. And it takes forever to get those miscommunications sorted, I find. I find that while with NTJs it takes slower to build up to that same intensity, the communication is more natural and gives less head aches.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I have trouble taking INTPs seriously. I'm not sure why.

I am not sure what do I think about this combo. Maybe when I meet a normal INTP I will be able to tell. You know... most were too much of a mess to know how it works when they're healthy.

My one ex was INTP. my dad was INTP. and one dude I was in some half-relationship with was INTP. all of them were huge mess.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I like most INTPs. Some of them are really fascinating, but others can be just a bit too abstract to me, like as if their brains are living in some other universe. My relationships with with INTPs are nothing special. I like talking with them and stuff, but I prefer studying them from afar. They're fun, but I get enough of INTPs quickly.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Screw you all!

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Screw you all!

Except me and the OP, right? Please tell us that we're special.

So what do INTPs think of us? Be gentle, lest there be some way for us to interpret your opinions as personal criticisms and then cry.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i still don't know any outside of the forums...but i like em. they seem really funny in that odd way that i love.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Well I don't know about ENFPs, but I think IXTPs are pretty freaking awesome.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.