• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hey ENFP, what do you think of the INTP?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Coz it's adorable :D

G

garbage

My ENFP experience:

I can see where the situation left both of you confused. I think you handled it to the best of your ability and shouldn't be faulted for what she read into the situation, especially after you outright warned her about the nature of your friendship.

Sorry that you had to go through all of that.. it's obvious that she doesn't have an appropriate level of maturity if she's still completely blaming you for the situation :doh:

Note to self: be very direct with INTPs

:wubbie::steam::cry::doh::wubbie::heart::run::hug::(:ranting::censored::2up::sad::wub::emot-emo::laugh::frown::wtf::wtf::boohoo::ng_mad: :sorry: :heart::heart::heart:

well, good.. probably

yeah, it is freakin' adorable

93JC

I have trouble taking INTPs seriously. I'm not sure why.

img.cgi

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can see where the situation left both of you confused. I think you handled it to the best of your ability and shouldn't be faulted for what she read into the situation, especially after you outright warned her about the nature of your friendship.

Sorry that you had to go through all of that.. it's obvious that she doesn't have an appropriate level of maturity if she's still completely blaming you for the situation :doh:

Yeah, it's not like I fault her 100%. I know everything is a 2-way street, but it really did leave me pretty confused.

Note to self: be very direct with INTPs

Yes. With us, there's really no reason not to be direct. It's better to put it out there and make it clear for us. We respond so much better when things are clear and out in the open. Put everything out on the table and let the chips fall where they may. It's healthy, it's low maintenance, and it allows for honesty and openness - at least that's my take on it.

yeah, it is freakin' adorable

Thattaway to make an INTP blush. Compliment his Ti. :huh:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
The only confirmed INTP I know irl is my wife's best friend.

She's very opinionated, kind of bitchy, has a lot style, and is very smart.

She causes scenes everywhere she goes and treats cashiers, waiters, and other service workers like shit.

She's cold as ice, and comes off as a hardcore music/culture snob, an elitist, and a bossy know-it-all.

The first time I ever met her she told me bluntly that she thought I was an untrustworthy person, and that I was bad for her best friend. She said I was the type who would never stick around, and that I would just use her best friend and then leave when I got bored.

Boy was she wrong, because I was with her best friend exclusively for 2 years before getting married, and have we've been married for almost 7 years. I'm so untrustworthy and uncommited, and yet we haven't been apart for almost 9 years!
We have two kids now, and we've worked very hard together to make our marriage a good one. It hasn't been easy, but its been a whole lot easier since the meddlesome best friend got married and moved far away.

Long story short, she is a complex person, and though there are a lot of good things about her, I find her extremely draining to deal with.

If she weren't my wife's best friend I probably wouldn't give her the time of day, but since she is, I'm civil towards her. Thank God she lives on the other side of the country right now.

As I said, she's the only confirmed INTP I know irl and I'm not going to base my opinion of INTPs on her alone.

My experiences with INTPs on TypoC have all been pretty positive.

sculpting

Yeah, it's not like I fault her 100%. I know everything is a 2-way street, but it really did leave me pretty confused.

Yes. With us, there's really no reason not to be direct. It's better to put it out there and make it clear for us. We respond so much better when things are clear and out in the open. Put everything out on the table and let the chips fall where they may. It's healthy, it's low maintenance, and it allows for honesty and openness - at least that's my take on it.

But that is asking an enfp to put their most sensitive part on the table-their Fi- and then open it up for overt rejection, which is very painful.

Not your fault at all though, just a communication diff, a bit of a life lesson for her and you. And it sounds like you did warn her very clearly.

sculpting

The only confirmed INTP I know irl is my wife's best friend.

She's very opinionated, kind of bitchy, has a lot style, and is very smart.

She causes scenes everywhere she goes and treats cashiers, waiters, and other service workers like shit.

She's cold as ice, and comes off as a hardcore music/culture snob, an elitist, and a bossy know-it-all.

The first time I ever met her she told me bluntly that she thought I was an untrustworthy person, and that I was bad for her best friend. She said I was the type who would never stick around, and that I would just use her best friend and then leave when I got bored.

Boy was she wrong, because I was with her best friend exclusively for 2 years before getting married, and have we've been married for almost 7 years. I'm so untrustworthy and uncommited, and yet we haven't been apart for almost 9 years!
We have two kids now, and we've worked very hard together to make our marriage a good one. It hasn't been easy, but its been a whole lot easier since the meddlesome best friend got married and moved far away.

Long story short, she is a complex person, and though there are a lot of good things about her, I find her extremely draining to deal with.

If she weren't my wife's best friend I probably wouldn't give her the time of day, but since she is, I'm civil towards her. Thank God she lives on the other side of the country right now.

As I said, she's the only confirmed INTP I know irl and I'm not going to base my opinion of INTPs on her alone.

My experiences with INTPs on TypoC have all been pretty positive.

odd, i have never seen an intp be that overtly rude-but i havent met many girl intps.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thattaway to make an INTP blush. Compliment his Ti. :huh:

LOL; oh relax, adorable is good :wubbie:
Besides, the :shock: is often coz it's refreshing and new as a response. It takes a moment to sink in. And refreshing and new is always going to pique our interest, which leads to instantaneous :wubbie:

:D

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
i love (smothering) intps (with love) too! we tend to click and like each other. trouble is, i want to love them 24/7 and they just want to love me 1/1... and, that's if i get lucky! they are always running away... and then out of the blue i'll get the most ridiculous text message which indicates they still want to be in my life... just in their detached way. love them!!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have trouble taking INTPs seriously. I'm not sure why.
We're probably "trickster" figures to you (e.g. bad children). Would that be accurate? It would be similar to the whole ENTP-INFP clash currently going on elsewhere.
The positive side of this, which you can see here, (http://www.centerpointec.com/files/typology_Development.pdf), is comedic relief, and that their dominant can become "one introverted function that had a sense of humor about introverted people and understood how to get along with them". (p.4)

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Eh, probably not the best combo. The ENFPs I know find INTPs funny and smart, but also see them as frustrating, intractable, and maybe a bit too removed. I can see the ENFP trying to "fix" the INTP's perceived problems.

Personally, I like ENFPs. They're usually fun, smart, hilarious, and charming as hell. But draining. Just so draining. And perhaps a tad insincere?

Disclaimer: I've been in love with two ENFPish types (give or take a few points, ballpark)

Disclaimer II: I may be a fake introvert (aka mild, weak extrovert with severe social phobia and generalized anxiety) so my opinion may be irrelevant.

Oh yeah: ENFPs may also find INTPs not adventurous enough irl (only in their head), too detached, and too negative.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We're probably "trickster" figures to you (e.g. bad children). Would that be accurate? It would be similar to the whole ENTP-INFP clash currently going on elsewhere.
The positive side of this, which you can see here, (http://www.centerpointec.com/files/typology_Development.pdf), is comedic relief, and that their dominant can become "one introverted function that had a sense of humor about introverted people and understood how to get along with them". (p.4)

Eric, you're so cute super-analyzing everything. That's why I like these guys so much. It's like a cactus that's fuzzy and prickly (fuzzy if you do the right thing and pokes you if you don't).

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See; just what I said!:D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I don't see the depth going on behind the scenes. I'm really not familiar with INTP in real life, maybe if someone pointed out some I would have a better idea. And maybe I'm just going by the few I know lightly online.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't take'em from us... :puppy_dog_eyes:

Okay, go on. Play along with the INTPs, like it matters. Like I care. Hmpf :emot-emo::cry:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I believe that's a first for me. Not being taken seriously is not usually what one hears about INTPs.

I like ENFPs, but they can be a bit needy for me sometimes. And the more they care about you, the more attention they want from you personally. That kind of fights my natural inclination--it's hard for me to give attention on demand to a fellow adult. I do agree with Happy Puppy's assessment...I've had the experience of INTP's Fe being read as deep Fi connection by ENFP, making it seem to them like we're closer than we are, and them being disappointed if I don't give them what they expect from that level of friendship.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't take'em from us... :puppy_dog_eyes:

Okay, go on. Play along with the INTPs, like it matters. Like I care. Hmpf :emot-emo::cry:

:hug: Don't worry, plenty of love to go around :wubbie: :wubbie: :wubbie:

:D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I believe that's a first for me. Not being taken seriously is not usually what one hears about INTPs.

I don't think any of my friends take me seriously the majority of the time. I live in Ne-Fe around them, and my sense of humour is very silly and playful so I think I'm just perceived as an overgrown child :tongue: