• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hey ENFP, what do you think of the INTP?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see the depth going on behind the scenes. I'm really not familiar with INTP in real life, maybe if someone pointed out some I would have a better idea. And maybe I'm just going by the few I know lightly online.
What do you mean by "depth"? Depth of what? Would it be values? For the INTP, also being an introverted judger, will deal in depth ("behind the scenes" in the internal world), but it of course will be logic, rather than values, and perhaps depth of logic will come off to a Fi preferrer as just splitting hairs rather than "depth" of anything really important?

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
my gf is an INTP

things are cool, but i'd like for her to be more nurturing... =)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Heh, there are times my INTP is a little too nurturing. ^^;

well, she's still young... she says she will try harder!! ^^

she's a sweet girl though...

haha this is funny

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Love them female INTPs, :wub: and I find most of the INTP males to be intellectual cave-dwellers, aka, philosophy and physics reading troglodytes.

:yes:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love them female INTPs, :wub: and I find most of the INTP males to be intellectual cave-dwellers, aka, philosophy and physics reading troglodytes.

:yes:

I don't read philosophy!

I just start thread fights on interpersonal dynamics.

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My ex that I dated for 2 years was an INTP.. It was great at the beginning but then I realized he was never going to break out of his shell. We would do fun stuff with his friends and family so I thought he was a fun guy. When I tried to get him to hang out with my friends and family, he always complained to the point where he just wouldn't go. He made up stupid reasons for not liking every one so he would have an excuse not to join in on any of the festivities. Perhaps his "I" was way stronger than most INTP's but this just wasn't going to work.

Also, he seemed to have a lack of morals, what's wrong and right. His family seemed to have good values but somehow they didn't translate to him.

His strong N was fun at first because we could daydream about the future together. Can't begin to tell you how many times we talked about potential baby names, restaurant names (he wanted to open one), movie names if he were to write one, etc. However, he never budged on different places we would live. If he would have, it may have worked. Well, probably not, but it would have been more fun, hahaha. It begin to fall when I realized he was completely all talk. He was totally unmotivated to actually take a step towards any of his goals. He was so lazy. Also, all of his goals seemed to revolve around money. Mine are adventure/helping people and then money. He could care less about the first two.

Essentially, from my experience I think it could work if the I isn't too strong and you have similar view points of what you really want out of life. Good luck with having a clean house though, but they might just make you on time for something!

tastes_like_purple

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Well my best friend is an INTP :D
Friends since we were six. We just clicked straight away :)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My ex that I dated for 2 years was an INTP.. It was great at the beginning but then I realized he was never going to break out of his shell. We would do fun stuff with his friends and family so I thought he was a fun guy. When I tried to get him to hang out with my friends and family, he always complained to the point where he just wouldn't go. He made up stupid reasons for not liking every one so he would have an excuse not to join in on any of the festivities. Perhaps his "I" was way stronger than most INTP's but this just wasn't going to work.

Also, he seemed to have a lack of morals, what's wrong and right. His family seemed to have good values but somehow they didn't translate to him.

His strong N was fun at first because we could daydream about the future together. Can't begin to tell you how many times we talked about potential baby names, restaurant names (he wanted to open one), movie names if he were to write one, etc. However, he never budged on different places we would live. If he would have, it may have worked. Well, probably not, but it would have been more fun, hahaha. It begin to fall when I realized he was completely all talk. He was totally unmotivated to actually take a step towards any of his goals. He was so lazy. Also, all of his goals seemed to revolve around money. Mine are adventure/helping people and then money. He could care less about the first two.

Essentially, from my experience I think it could work if the I isn't too strong and you have similar view points of what you really want out of life. Good luck with having a clean house though, but they might just make you on time for something!

Most accurate INTP description I've seen yet! :D

However, were you one of those ENFP's that just wants everyone to do what you want to do? Your post was accurate in many ways, but it sounds almost exactly like an ENFP I know. If we don't go where she wants to go and do what she wants to do, then there's issues and everyone is hearing about it. Maybe it's just the big I/E difference.

Most of us INTP's really don't want to hang out with people very often. If they are "N" and laid back - not in your face - then it can be fun.

As for the morality thing, I don't know what's up with that. Maybe your Fi was deciding what was right and what was wrong for his life.

ENFP's are so awesome, but that's the biggest problem I've had with them. They have wanted to decide what was right for me and my life, never really considering the fact that if I do everything they want me to do, then I wouldn't be me anymore. I'd just be their clone. And that's never a fun situation.

I have to admit though, your post hit some key points/weaknesses of the INTP personality.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
:) INTPs are funny cute little things.

lol srsly!

she's so funny, last night this ESFJ girl i used to date told me to break up with the iNTP girl, and since my gf wants to know everything some girl i used to date tells me, i told her about what the girl said, my gf laughs and was all like... " That girl is bad..." all coolly... haha

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP

And that's why I'll only date introverts.