User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

i love (smothering) intps (with love) too! we tend to click and like each other. trouble is, i want to love them 24/7 and they just want to love me 1/1... and, that's if i get lucky! they are always running away... and then out of the blue i'll get the most ridiculous text message which indicates they still want to be in my life... just in their detached way. love them!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I have trouble taking INTPs seriously. I'm not sure why.
    We're probably "trickster" figures to you (e.g. bad children). Would that be accurate? It would be similar to the whole ENTP-INFP clash currently going on elsewhere.
    The positive side of this, which you can see here, (http://www.centerpointec.com/files/t...evelopment.pdf), is comedic relief, and that their dominant can become "one introverted function that had a sense of humor about introverted people and understood how to get along with them". (p.4)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Eh, probably not the best combo. The ENFPs I know find INTPs funny and smart, but also see them as frustrating, intractable, and maybe a bit too removed. I can see the ENFP trying to "fix" the INTP's perceived problems.

Personally, I like ENFPs. They're usually fun, smart, hilarious, and charming as hell. But draining. Just so draining. And perhaps a tad insincere?

Disclaimer: I've been in love with two ENFPish types (give or take a few points, ballpark)

Disclaimer II: I may be a fake introvert (aka mild, weak extrovert with severe social phobia and generalized anxiety) so my opinion may be irrelevant.

Oh yeah: ENFPs may also find INTPs not adventurous enough irl (only in their head), too detached, and too negative.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    We're probably "trickster" figures to you (e.g. bad children). Would that be accurate? It would be similar to the whole ENTP-INFP clash currently going on elsewhere.
    The positive side of this, which you can see here, (http://www.centerpointec.com/files/t...evelopment.pdf), is comedic relief, and that their dominant can become "one introverted function that had a sense of humor about introverted people and understood how to get along with them". (p.4)
    Eric, you're so cute super-analyzing everything. That's why I like these guys so much. It's like a cactus that's fuzzy and prickly (fuzzy if you do the right thing and pokes you if you don't).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

See; just what I said!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I don't see the depth going on behind the scenes. I'm really not familiar with INTP in real life, maybe if someone pointed out some I would have a better idea. And maybe I'm just going by the few I know lightly online.

Don't take'em from us...

Okay, go on. Play along with the INTPs, like it matters. Like I care. Hmpf

MBTI
    INTP

I believe that's a first for me. Not being taken seriously is not usually what one hears about INTPs.

I like ENFPs, but they can be a bit needy for me sometimes. And the more they care about you, the more attention they want from you personally. That kind of fights my natural inclination--it's hard for me to give attention on demand to a fellow adult. I do agree with Happy Puppy's assessment...I've had the experience of INTP's Fe being read as deep Fi connection by ENFP, making it seem to them like we're closer than we are, and them being disappointed if I don't give them what they expect from that level of friendship.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Don't take'em from us...

Okay, go on. Play along with the INTPs, like it matters. Like I care. Hmpf
    Don't worry, plenty of love to go around

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I believe that's a first for me. Not being taken seriously is not usually what one hears about INTPs.
    I don't think any of my friends take me seriously the majority of the time. I live in Ne-Fe around them, and my sense of humour is very silly and playful so I think I'm just perceived as an overgrown child
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons