User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 53

  1. #21
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Coz it's adorable
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #22
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Coz it's adorable
    LOL. Initially shocking but, upon second thought, adorable.

  3. #23
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    My ENFP experience:
    I can see where the situation left both of you confused. I think you handled it to the best of your ability and shouldn't be faulted for what she read into the situation, especially after you outright warned her about the nature of your friendship.

    Sorry that you had to go through all of that.. it's obvious that she doesn't have an appropriate level of maturity if she's still completely blaming you for the situation

    Note to self: be very direct with INTPs

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    :steam::sad:
    well, good.. probably

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Coz it's adorable
    yeah, it is freakin' adorable

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I have trouble taking INTPs seriously. I'm not sure why.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    That's why.

  6. #26
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I can see where the situation left both of you confused. I think you handled it to the best of your ability and shouldn't be faulted for what she read into the situation, especially after you outright warned her about the nature of your friendship.

    Sorry that you had to go through all of that.. it's obvious that she doesn't have an appropriate level of maturity if she's still completely blaming you for the situation
    Yeah, it's not like I fault her 100%. I know everything is a 2-way street, but it really did leave me pretty confused.

    Note to self: be very direct with INTPs
    Yes. With us, there's really no reason not to be direct. It's better to put it out there and make it clear for us. We respond so much better when things are clear and out in the open. Put everything out on the table and let the chips fall where they may. It's healthy, it's low maintenance, and it allows for honesty and openness - at least that's my take on it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Coz it's adorable
    yeah, it is freakin' adorable
    Thattaway to make an INTP blush. Compliment his Ti.

  7. #27
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    The only confirmed INTP I know irl is my wife's best friend.

    She's very opinionated, kind of bitchy, has a lot style, and is very smart.

    She causes scenes everywhere she goes and treats cashiers, waiters, and other service workers like shit.

    She's cold as ice, and comes off as a hardcore music/culture snob, an elitist, and a bossy know-it-all.

    The first time I ever met her she told me bluntly that she thought I was an untrustworthy person, and that I was bad for her best friend. She said I was the type who would never stick around, and that I would just use her best friend and then leave when I got bored.

    Boy was she wrong, because I was with her best friend exclusively for 2 years before getting married, and have we've been married for almost 7 years. I'm so untrustworthy and uncommited, and yet we haven't been apart for almost 9 years!
    We have two kids now, and we've worked very hard together to make our marriage a good one. It hasn't been easy, but its been a whole lot easier since the meddlesome best friend got married and moved far away.

    Long story short, she is a complex person, and though there are a lot of good things about her, I find her extremely draining to deal with.

    If she weren't my wife's best friend I probably wouldn't give her the time of day, but since she is, I'm civil towards her. Thank God she lives on the other side of the country right now.

    As I said, she's the only confirmed INTP I know irl and I'm not going to base my opinion of INTPs on her alone.

    My experiences with INTPs on TypoC have all been pretty positive.
    __________________


    I'M OUTTA HERE.

    IT'S BEEN FUN.

    TAKE CARE.

    PEACE OUT!!!


  8. #28
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Yeah, it's not like I fault her 100%. I know everything is a 2-way street, but it really did leave me pretty confused.



    Yes. With us, there's really no reason not to be direct. It's better to put it out there and make it clear for us. We respond so much better when things are clear and out in the open. Put everything out on the table and let the chips fall where they may. It's healthy, it's low maintenance, and it allows for honesty and openness - at least that's my take on it.
    But that is asking an enfp to put their most sensitive part on the table-their Fi- and then open it up for overt rejection, which is very painful.

    Not your fault at all though, just a communication diff, a bit of a life lesson for her and you. And it sounds like you did warn her very clearly.

  9. #29
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    The only confirmed INTP I know irl is my wife's best friend.

    She's very opinionated, kind of bitchy, has a lot style, and is very smart.

    She causes scenes everywhere she goes and treats cashiers, waiters, and other service workers like shit.

    She's cold as ice, and comes off as a hardcore music/culture snob, an elitist, and a bossy know-it-all.

    The first time I ever met her she told me bluntly that she thought I was an untrustworthy person, and that I was bad for her best friend. She said I was the type who would never stick around, and that I would just use her best friend and then leave when I got bored.

    Boy was she wrong, because I was with her best friend exclusively for 2 years before getting married, and have we've been married for almost 7 years. I'm so untrustworthy and uncommited, and yet we haven't been apart for almost 9 years!
    We have two kids now, and we've worked very hard together to make our marriage a good one. It hasn't been easy, but its been a whole lot easier since the meddlesome best friend got married and moved far away.

    Long story short, she is a complex person, and though there are a lot of good things about her, I find her extremely draining to deal with.

    If she weren't my wife's best friend I probably wouldn't give her the time of day, but since she is, I'm civil towards her. Thank God she lives on the other side of the country right now.

    As I said, she's the only confirmed INTP I know irl and I'm not going to base my opinion of INTPs on her alone.

    My experiences with INTPs on TypoC have all been pretty positive.
    odd, i have never seen an intp be that overtly rude-but i havent met many girl intps.

  10. #30
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

    Thattaway to make an INTP blush. Compliment his Ti.

    LOL; oh relax, adorable is good
    Besides, the is often coz it's refreshing and new as a response. It takes a moment to sink in. And refreshing and new is always going to pique our interest, which leads to instantaneous

    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs, what do you think of the other types?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 08:23 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs , What do you think of INTJs?
    By Hap in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 06:00 PM
  3. What do you think of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing?
    By ygolo in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
  4. [SJ] What do you think of the SJ forum???
    By Eiddy in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Hey SJs, what do you think of NPs?
    By run in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 04:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO