First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i still don't know any outside of the forums...but i like em. they seem really funny in that odd way that i love.
    I agree. I must have run into some in engineering but there was no lasting connection, apparently.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

My husband is an INxP according to cognitive function analysis....INTP with a very close Fi Ti>Fi>Ne....He's freaking AWESOME!!!!!!

I mean, sure there are times where I could really just RAWRRRRRRRRRRR but that's the case in any relationship.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I agree. I must have run into some in engineering but there was no lasting connection, apparently.
    I was in engineering, too, so I must have run into them then. But I didn't interact with them much in the classroom.

Nowadays, I tend to see them at dance lessons and such, where there's forced interaction--rotating partners and such. That's probably one of the few ways to "truly" notice them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't know if I would recognize one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My ENFP experience:

1. "You're kind of different." "Yeah, you too, but I like that." "Me too." "Let's hang out." "OK."
    2. Off-the-charts connection for several weeks.
    3. We begin to grow closer as friends, to hang out more, discuss more things, etc.
    4. She seems "frustrated" when I don't want to hang out all the time or when I'm not giving her some sort of attention. I being to wonder if she's developing feelings.
    5. I ask her straight out if she is developing feelings and remind her that we are just friends. She beats around the bush and continues to seem "frustrated", even a bit "possessive". I ask again and remind her again, "Can we continue to be friends or do we need to stop being friends? It seems like the dynamics of our relationship have changed and that I disappoint you if I don't want to hang out with you."
    6. Over the next few weeks, she backs off a bit, but is very moody and tries to throw in sharp, rude comments. I either ignore them, or call her out on them and it turns into a F vs. T pissing contest, which I have no time or desire for.
    7. She turns up the pressure, so-to-speak, and starts to ask indirect questions like, "Do you think you're afraid of commitment?" "Do you think you'll ever get married?" "When people want to visit/hang out, you have to say yes so that you can get to know people better." I "finally" read between the lines and realize that she has deep feelings (I'm INTP, cut me some slack). But, I don't feel the same way.
    8. As this continues and continues, I get fed up and say, "I don't want to be with you" and proceed to give her about 8 or 10 reasons why.
    9. She wants nothing to do with me for a LONG time.
    10. When we finally talk again (well over a year later), she is still reeling from the experience, has a hole in her heart, can't believe I did "that" to her (????????).

I know that's just one ENFP experience, but I'm still very confused. All I know is it was really, really awesome for about 2-3 months. How nice it would be to have that "friendship" back.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    So what do INTPs think of us?
    :steam::sad:
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I know that's just one ENFP experience, but I'm still very confused. All I know is it was really, really awesome for about 2-3 months. How nice it would be to have that "friendship" back.
    She is probably confused too and thinks you screwed up.

Seems to be a good connection but unless you define what's going on you might each get caught in guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    My ENFP experience:

1. "You're kind of different." "Yeah, you too, but I like that." "Me too." "Let's hang out." "OK."
    2. Off-the-charts connection for several weeks.
    3. We begin to grow closer as friends, to hang out more, discuss more things, etc.
    4. She seems "frustrated" when I don't want to hang out all the time or when I'm not giving her some sort of attention. I being to wonder if she's developing feelings.
    5. I ask her straight out if she is developing feelings and remind her that we are just friends. She beats around the bush and continues to seem "frustrated", even a bit "possessive". I ask again and remind her again, "Can we continue to be friends or do we need to stop being friends? It seems like the dynamics of our relationship have changed and that I disappoint you if I don't want to hang out with you."
    6. Over the next few weeks, she backs off a bit, but is very moody and tries to throw in sharp, rude comments. I either ignore them, or call her out on them and it turns into a F vs. T pissing contest, which I have no time or desire for.
    7. She turns up the pressure, so-to-speak, and starts to ask indirect questions like, "Do you think you're afraid of commitment?" "Do you think you'll ever get married?" "When people want to visit/hang out, you have to say yes so that you can get to know people better." I "finally" read between the lines and realize that she has deep feelings (I'm INTP, cut me some slack). But, I don't feel the same way.
    8. As this continues and continues, I get fed up and say, "I don't want to be with you" and proceed to give her about 8 or 10 reasons why.
    9. She wants nothing to do with me for a LONG time.
    10. When we finally talk again (well over a year later), she is still reeling from the experience, has a hole in her heart, can't believe I did "that" to her (????????).

By chance were you letting her see your Fe at all? Us silly enfps cant tell the diff between it and Fi, and it will break our hearts if we mistake the Fe social sweetness for an Fi emotional connection. I did this with an ENTP guy, so maybe you might have done this on accident? It would explain a lot.
    For here, it likely did hurt and feel like rejection, but it is really may have just been a mistranslation.

I know lots of INTPs. They are pretty odd, but I am very odd as well, so we bond over our strangeness.

They think I am very funny, as nothing breaks up the Ti idea train more than NeFi insanity. I make them giggle. Short term I think we could have lots of fun, but I am afraidd long term I would bore them as I can only think with Te, not Ti, thus I could not follow their thoughts.

As above, also I am afraid the Fe they would seek to bond with might not transfer quite right and I would emo overwhelm them.

It would likely really depend on how much intellectual connection/stimulus the INTP needed and if he had a source of that in other places and was content to not to get all of that with the enfp.

Both of my good INTP friends are married to FJs-an ENFJ and an ISFJ maybe?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm with LL on this. INTPs..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    By chance were you letting her see your Fe at all? Us silly enfps cant tell the diff between it and Fi, and it will break our hearts if we mistake the Fe social sweetness for an Fi emotional connection.
    Yes, looking back on it, I believe this is what happened. That's a really good explanation that you laid out. She apparently thought that we had been falling in love the whole time (or connecting emotionally), while I was just loving the Ne connection. And when I can connect with someone like we did, then I usually open up all avenues of communication to that person. They will see both Ne and Fe.

Also, why is it that when an ENFP sees me use Ti in a social setting (blunt, direct, maybe even somewhat harsh), I get the following reaction?

(a short pause), and then: