• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] This forum needs a vent your anger section

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
Who agrees with me?
(or is there already a vent section?)

G

Glycerine

"Blogs" or "Personal Threads"? For more privacy you can use LiveJournal. :)

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I think Cloudblue meant an area for general venting about life in general as opposed to complaints about TypoC?

Yeah, like there was a thread on INTPCentral, that was named "Rants that deserve their own thread", I think.

I haven't been able to find one on this forum, besides this....

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
The now defunct infp.globalchatter had a vent section.

Even though it did go a long way towards establishing the "whiny emo" stereotype with which INFP's are mercilessly teased, there was a lot of good to be found if you dug through it.

If you could have gotten past whatever reservations you might have had and actually read some off the threads in there, you would have found that some of the posts in that vent section contained the most honest and insightful looks in to the human mind anywhere online.

Nothing brings out honesty like anger/frustration, and the intimacy of the thoughts that people shared and the wisdom of some of the responses were astounding.

P

Phantonym

a) Feedback section
b) Start your own thread about it, which will probably be graveyarded/fluzz-zoned anyway :/
c) What Jock said ;)

:laugh: Oh yes, go and vent there, repeatedly and ferociously, get banned and then you'll seriously have something to vent about.

I agree with people here. Blogs are just perfect for venting. :)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I think the venting of anger for the purpose of catharsis is misguided. Anger begets anger.

But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be interesting to me.

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
I think the venting of anger for the purpose of catharsis is misguided. Anger begets anger.

But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be interesting to me.

I think the "anger" that the OP was talking about is the one that connotes frustration/righteous fury as opposed to the anger that denotes hatred/violence... but of course, there might be a tiny bit of of that type too. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's obviously some disagreement on what venting accomplishes.

I can see a case being made for either side -- that venting might clear the air, but that it also can throw gas on a small fire.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The now defunct infp.globalchatter had a vent section.

Even though it did go a long way towards establishing the "whiny emo" stereotype with which INFP's are mercilessly teased, there was a lot of good to be found if you dug through it.

If you could have gotten past whatever reservations you might have had and actually read some off the threads in there, you would have found that some of the posts in that vent section contained the most honest and insightful looks in to the human mind anywhere online.

Nothing brings out honesty like anger/frustration, and the intimacy of the thoughts that people shared and the wisdom of some of the responses were astounding.

This is true....the vent section never seemed to be a problem there....but we're dealing with swarms of NTs here ;) :devil:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see a case being made for either side -- that venting might clear the air, but that it also can throw gas on a small fire.

I could see such a new section being both easy to mod and useful if you create an auto-running script:

Code:
If (Thread_Creator_Type = "*NF*") then
   Create_Post("Damn, it's not that big of a deal. Calm down.")
else If (Thread_Creator.type = "*NT*") then
   Update_Thread_Creator_Type_To("NF")
End If

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: Oh yes, go and vent there, repeatedly and ferociously, get banned and then you'll seriously have something to vent about.

I just thought this forum has too many people on it, and it would have been a convenient way to weed out some of them :laugh:

BTW: Some people use Vent for venting (I don't believe it's a coincidence why they chose that client ;)). But that can be annoying.