• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What type....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
What MBTI type do you least like dating/going out with....

I'm interested to see how it is different to NT's

Cheeriness

:)

LovelyAngel

Instigator, First Class
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
STJs...surprise? :D

+1000

I have a very, very difficult time with STJs... of SJs seems like I know mostly ISTJs, oddly. And I have some among close family and friends.

But, basically, my first instinct when encountering an STJ is... RUN! My prejudices are such that I wouldn't date or live with one.

(Sorry... I don't mean to be rude to SJs in the forums here. This is just a personal thing.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my worst date was with an ENTP - he came off as very rude and arrogant, loved to hear himself talk, and he interrogated me about religion and politics (on a first date :shock:). He checked his phone constantly, and he then cut out early with some really lame excuse, and it was obvious he had this plan B the whole time, just in case. I was less offended than relieved though because I was counting the minutes til it was over.

I've had the most fun with INTPs and ENFJs and they may be my ideal in theory. I see potential for SPs and ISxJs. I've dated a lot of INTJs and it's always been mediocre. I have little to no experience with the rest. I admit I am a bit wary of ESTJs, although I have no dating experience there.

I am not closed to any type though. Good looks go a long way after all :newwink:. (kidding!)

Chloe

I think my worst date was with an ENTP - he came off as very rude and arrogant, loved to hear himself talk, and he interrogated me about religion and politics (on a first date :shock:). He checked his phone constantly, and he then cut out early with some really lame excuse, and it was obvious he had this plan B the whole time, just in case. I was less offended than relieved though because I was counting the minutes til it was over.

I've had the most fun with INTPs and ENFJs and they may be my ideal in theory. I see potential for SPs and ISxJs. I've dated a lot of INTJs and it's always been mediocre. I have little to no experience with the rest. I admit I am a bit wary of ESTJs, although I have no dating experience there.

I am not closed to any type though. Good looks go a long way after all :newwink:. (kidding!)

boy, you have a lot of traffic there!:newwink:

G

garbage

J's, mostly. I feel like they don't "get" me. ISTJs and xNTJs especially don't.

Most people in this town are generally into the engineering field, so it's harder than it should be to meet groups of people that don't embody that "drill-down," overly-technical mentality :doh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
E_FP and E_TJ.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Dating? In general, I prefer N's over S's in conversation, but the rest of the mbti characteristics aren't much of an outlier. Dating is dependent on factors other than typology, because it doesn't speak to love or attraction with much authority. There are positive and negative personality traits within all of them, and some personalities types are at different levels of that type, as in, close to the margin or far away from the margin.

Ambrosia

MBTI Type
INFP
I really only have trepidations with dating my own type, but even then it's not like I'd instantly reject someone because I found out they're an INFP... I'll admit, some _STJ's seem scary, but I don't think they're the boogeymen people make them out to be half the time.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I went into this thread expecting the majority of responses to be STJ based on previous polls and topics. I wasn't let down apparently!

Thus, in the interest of figuring out why the sensing, thinking, and judging types are so repulsive, can you folks share some reasons why?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I went into this thread expecting the majority of responses to be STJ based on previous polls and topics. I wasn't let down apparently!

Thus, in the interest of figuring out why the sensing, thinking, and judging types are so repulsive, can you folks share some reasons why?

You aren't repulsive. (warm fuzzy XNFP answer)
You just aren't my type, which sucks for me really. You guys, some times can be a bit curt (and insensitive:ohmy:), and your priorities are different to mine, but repulsive, not so much.

Ambrosia

MBTI Type
INFP

Some STJ's I knew ignored, and even rejected intuition, the very function the MBTI fanbase adores. Their preferences for thinking really seemed to make them even more critical of it than their feeling counterparts. I've also met very charming, witty ISTJ's who enjoy me and all my quirkiness, one of which just so happens to be one of my dearest friends.

I sort of think people use "_STJ" as a relative term for someone who was critical and narrow-minded to them, without really knowing (or caring to know) their actual type. :rolli:

G

garbage

It has nothing to do with them being "repulsive."

We just think really, really differently. About pretty much everything. It's nearly impossible to close the psychological distance as a result.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

SJ's would by high up on my list of people to avoid. When an SJ is stressed or unsure of themselves, the first thing they do is try to control the situation, weather they know what they are doing or not. I've spent several years of my life around stressed SJ, not a pretty site, wont listen to professional expertise to the point of sheer bloody rudeness. Where they are not compotent at something they dont' own it and ask for help they simply try and control.. it's really seriously unpleasant to be on the receving end of. They don't respect other people, but desire to be respected even if they are beign dicks. Sorry to put this bluntly....

Note that they are not bad people, just have shite coping mechanisims.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
NFs - when I posted this yesterday no one replied to begin with and I wasn't sure if it was an NF idelaisim that we should treat all people equaly, thanks for sharing. I gues the N S divide is really truly there and it works on NF's as is does on NT's

LovelyAngel

Instigator, First Class
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Awww! I knew my response would look bad! And I’m relatively new here – I had no idea there was a history of low STJ rating from this corner of the forums.

I really didn’t mean to besmirch xSTJs. They have a lot of great qualities, and in the workplace I’d want an army of them for getting things done. And one of my best friends – we go back over 40 years – is an ISTJ.

I tend to get along with most everyone, but when I have relationship difficulties (at home or in the workplace), it has always been with xSTJs. It is probably the extremes where type differences cause problems. My strong N ran afoul of extreme SJ tendencies – largely resulting in miscommunications, misunderstandings, and clashes of values. My use of metaphors and allegories perplexed my xSTJ counterparts, and their literal interpretation of seemingly everything drove me nuts.

The xSTJs I had problems with had very sharply drawn boundaries – things were very black and white, right and wrong. I would challenge rules (often verbally, not actually break them, although sometimes I did) I thought were obsolete or not true to the original intent or principles – the xSTJs were horrified. (Again, extremes can be problematic.) We argued over “facts.” We argued over change. We argued over principles. Mainly, we didn’t see eye-to-eye often enough to have a warm relationship. We generally managed a working relationship, and we agreed to disagree.

The xSTJs around me are industrious, conscientious, just, and logical. Some have a good sense of humor – the ones who don’t are scary to me.

It takes a lot more energy for me to communicate with and work with xSTJs. For some reason they drain me more easily than the other types. xSTJs are excellent companions for a great many kinds of people; they just don’t work for me. And I’ll admit my quirks and radical thinking and flightiness and irreverence are irritants to the STJs I’m working with.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
The xSTJs I had problems with had very sharply drawn boundaries – things were very black and white, right and wrong. I would challenge rules (often verbally, not actually break them, although sometimes I did) I thought were obsolete or not true to the original intent or principles – the xSTJs were horrified. (Again, extremes can be problematic.) We argued over “facts.” We argued over change. We argued over principles. Mainly, we didn’t see eye-to-eye often enough to have a warm relationship. We generally managed a working relationship, and we agreed to disagree.

:yes:

That has been my experience too, not only would this cause him to be horrified, but because I broke the rule, even though I didn't agree with it's principles and had fair valid reasons to break those rules from where I see the world, it became a permanent wound that would continuously be used against me no matter how much time had passed since it happened.

Hold an unreasonable grudge, forever.

I wouldn't not date an xSTJ though, just based on that experience, plus there are finer points to the type that do make it worthwhile if those unreasonable parts are matured beyond.

I always seem to end up with STj's trying to tame me. :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
That makes sense.. an NFP would be rationalising the STJ rules against internal standards and values, and not the society ones. The STJ would typically be valuing them due to their importance in an ordered society, and because that society values them.

In short : argue.