User Tag List

First 12

I am in general fine in traffic (though I can't stand driving a car) and don't really run into things but I am sometimes so oblivious to details of my surroundings. For example it took me months to notice that the wall directly behind my oven is made up of tiles of all sorts of colours. Or that the lampshade above the eating table is pink. Or that directly above our letter box is a big red "No smoking" sign. Also I generally notice when something has changed on my street but I couldn't tell you what used to be there before.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know how young most of you guys are... but once I was well into college, and even moreso after college, I became more observant. Observant, at least, while at work. While I'm focused on working I notice everything, but all the rest of the time I have a mind-switch that flips off all short term memory. I put things down and forget that I have before I even put it on the table.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Am also unobservant too.
    Sometimes when am looking for things, its right in front of face and I cant see it...

I think it is a combination of I and N, Introversion directs more concentration inward, while iNtuition gathers information about their environment beyond the five senses...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    I don't know how young most of you guys are... but once I was well into college, and even moreso after college, I became more observant. Observant, at least, while at work. While I'm focused on working I notice everything, but all the rest of the time I have a mind-switch that flips off all short term memory. I put things down and forget that I have before I even put it on the table.
    I'm 30 and I don't think I'm getting much better...sometimes I think I am getting worse...it depends how preoccupied I am and what's going on in my life, really.

I notice weird things. I will ALWAYS notice if some random person walks by wearing a U2 t-shirt (or even a band I don't like much, but maybe my brother likes them or something) but sometimes I think I would notice the U2 t-shirt, but not the fact that Bono is the one wearing it I invariably notice if someone is wearing a "Canada" or "British Columbia" shirt too...ah, I'm a slightly homesick ex-pat. I think my eye is drawn to the written word and symbols.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No problems with traffic here, but in college my roommate put a 5 foot high plant in the room. He asked me if I noticed anything different. I kept looking around and couldn't tell. I think it's an N thing. Then you notice obscure things at times that others don't.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    No problems with traffic here, but in college my roommate put a 5 foot high plant in the room. He asked me if I noticed anything different. I kept looking around and couldn't tell. I think it's an N thing. Then you notice obscure things at times that others don't.
    Plants are definitely one of the things that I never ever notice!! Even if they're 5 foot high...they would probably need to be man-eating triffids and chase me around for me to notice...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING