• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's, be honest.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4. Do you often feel lonely?
When I'm by myself I don't feel lonely but when I am with a crowd then I often do.

This seems counter to reason, but I feel the same way. I do have times when I feel I need to be around people (more so than when I was younger), but the feeling of alienation is so strong when around groups it can make me feel worse then being alone.

branflakes

MBTI Type
INFP
1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?
Yes, I'm very selfish

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
Umm.. well I do find a lot of people unlikeable and I do stick pins in their eyes

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
It's not as much frustration as it is annoyance that we usually don't have much in common

Mmm.. at college sometimes where I don't have as many close friends

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
Not really..

6. Do you consider yourself unique?
Well, I do think more than a lot of people, I'd say

7. Do you literally feel other people's pain?
Nah, I usually only feel that strongly about fictional characters with really tragic life stories

8. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob?
Totally, although I'm not quite as bad as I used to be

9. Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story?
How could they tell me their life story if I've never met them? :rolleyes:

Umm.. I guess at random parties while drunk, except I'm usually the one ranting

10. Do you think the world would be a bit better with more INFP's?!
I don't know if the world would be "better," but life and dealing with other people would be a little more enjoyable for me

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?

Yes.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?

Yup.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair? I used to get really frustrated over people and situations like the above. Now I just sort of ignore it or scoff at it, but I don't let this stuff bother me like it used to.

4. Do you often feel lonely? More often than is reasonable, yes.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it? Sometimes I get random ideas and stay up almost all night accomplishing them. Sometimes I get random ideas and do them later, and sometimes I don't ever get around to doing them. I get lots of random ideas in general, at all times, but they get jotted in notebooks and sit around waiting for me to do something.

6. Do you consider yourself unique? Unique compared to most of the people around me, but not very grandly unique in the overall scheme of things, considering how many amazingly unique people are in the world.

7. Do you literally feel other people's pain? Yes, if I let myself. Sometimes I just have to shut that part of me off.

8. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob? Maybe a little. Not bad.

9. Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story? Yup.

10. Do you think the world would be a bit better with more INFP's?! To be honest, I'm not really sure! Hehe. I think the world is better with a good variety, though I'm slightly partial to N's in general. :)

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-

Yes. So many people think I'm the kindest person ever, and I'm not at all...Maybe I just have really high standards for myself though.

I am not sure I understand this, but I think so.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?

YES. SO MUCH.

All. The. Time. But I still choose not to hang out with people.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so excited thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?

Not particularly, although it has happened before.

I feel...different, but not really unique.

Yes.

YES. Although that has gotten better.

HOLY SHIT YES.

HELL NO. :D No offense, INFPs.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I can be pretty cold sometimes, but I also have a pretty strong guilt complex. So this question is kind of hard for me to answer, as I may not be coming across as mean as I think I do.

Yes, I definitely have a dark side, which was MUCH darker when I was younger. Space is dark and empty, and a part of me feels the weight of that.

I've sort of come to accept people as they are, though. What's shallow to me is deep for other people, and what's deep for me is abstractly pointless for others. Also, I learned a long time ago that even people who seem shallow often have some kernel of wisdom worth digging up.

Who am I to determine what REALLY matters?

Although yes, if someone's character doesn't go beyond sports, clothes, and hair, I will likely not spend much time on them.

No. I do sometimes, though, and when I do the feeling makes up for lost time.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?

Hahaha. Yeah, I've done that. Funny how certain forms of inspiration have a expiration date, huh?

Just like everyone else.

Yeah, but always under the mirror of my own experiences. Sometimes that mirror skews things a bit, so I always have to pay attention to make sure we are lining up properly.

That's part of what makes me so helpful, though. When I mirror their pain correctly, I join them, and we heal each other together. (They rarely recognize that I'm healing the wounded part of myself as I help them, though. That's for the best.)

Heh, sort of! At least, if you consider shunning most of what's on the radio as music snobbery.

Yup.

Not necessarily. If we had more healthy INFPs, then definitely. However, an unhealthy INFP can be quite the destructive force.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram

Yes. I'm warm/soft on the outside and cold/hard on the inside. I make effort to be a good person and to make others around me as comfortable as possible, but I can be as catty and irritable as anyone, though I usually keep it to myself.

Yes.

Not really. Who the hell lets stuff like that bother them anyway?

Sometimes.

Not as often as I used to.

In some senses, I think I'm pretty average and mundane. In others, not so much. I think most people are like this, so I guess not especially.

No. It takes effort. I care about people in a detached way and force myself to see things from their perspective.

I don't know. Probably not.

This happens a lot.

Not really.

Ugh. My insides sometimes don't seem very INFP-y. I guess this is an off night, but I answered honestly.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah. I have high standards for niceness though, I think. I'll do something I think is "mean", and I'll feel really guilty about it. If I tell one of my friends about it, they look at me like this: :huh:, and tell me it's not bad at all. Plus, I think that people have this selfless/super nice image of me in their head, so even when I try to be mean, they don't take it seriously.

Used to. Now I'm usually pretty cool with almost everyone. If I'm not cool with someone, I realize that maybe 75% of the time it's my problem, and not theirs. So I work through that. If it really is their problem, I just try to stay away from them.

Sometimes. But then I remember that the stuff I care about doesn't necessarily matter, either. It's just valuing different things...

Yeah, a lot. I want to be around people, but they scare the crap out of me. It's really frustrating. Plus, most people don't "get" me. I try to get on their wavelength, but I'm not successful sometimes.

Sadly, yes. My random bursts of mental/physical energy don't come around very often, and they don't stay around for long. It's hard being indifferent to pretty much everything. I wish I wasn't so passive.

Yeah, but I didn't really consider it until people kept telling me I was. I think I have a complex now.

No. I can feel bad for people, but I don't feel their pain as if it were my own. So: sympathy, yes; empathy, no.

HAHAHAHA No. The stuff I listen to isn't cool. And I've been around enough obnoxious music snobs that I vowed never to become one. It's okay if you listen to good music, but it's not okay if you try to make other people feel inferior.

Yes, people I've never met, people I don't know very well, people who never really talk to me but then suddenly spill their guts to me. It doesn't bother me, but sometimes I feel bad because I don't know what to say or do...I mean, I've had people tell me all about how their parents beat them (while it was still going on). It's made me consider being a counselor, so I can at least get paid for it. ha I really do like listening to people, though.

Hard to tell. We can be pretty good catalysts, though.

yay myspace bulletin survey!
double toast.
Geez you're great.

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp

Yes. Feeling things intensely is probably a part of it. Selfishness in healthy doses is used as a self-preservation technique.
I think I look cold on the outside if you`re not in my inner circle or you don`t accidentally catch me smiling to myself or being nice. Like picking up that spider most girls screamed at or wanted to step on and taking it outside.:blush:

Pins aren`t really my thing. The dark side, well...You know, like in movies/cartoons when there is a good hearted naive hero type character, and the dark genious villain type; well I always found the dark genious to be more interesting. In real life I try not to be too judgemental and give them the benefit of the doubt. In a fit of anger I`d probably be the one walking away from the situation, not the one going for the punch.

Yes, but at the end of the day you`ll find out that leaves you empty handed.

I think I used to more in HS. I also cried more often. I think I`ve learned to come to terms with my personality and be alone without feeling lonely. It`s far worse being with someone and still feeling lonely.

Yeah, my motivation spurs come at odd times. It`s the same when creativity hits, you can`t force it. But I should really work on the procrastination part.

:yes: There`s a good quote about that; “Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else” Alison Boulter

Unless I`m detached from the situation. But I don`t really know if I really feel their pain, or just what/how I think I`d feel if I were in their situation and then feel it.

I like different genres, but I keep away from most of what`s on the charts. I listen to music, because it makes me feel one way or another (without the help of drugs), so I don`t really get what you could feel from most of what`s considered popular. It doesn`t do a thing for me. If that makes me a music snob, I don`t really care, to each their own.

More like crying on my shoulder and spilling their guts out. Mostly at parties, where lots of people who aren`t usually close come together.
While I was working as a secretary in the Summer a client of my boss was really chit chatty, started telling me about his horoscope, general astrology and his numerology number and continued to explain mine to me. Funny guy.

Probably not. I can`t help but imagine a society ruled by INFP`s as fluffy rainbow coloured chaos:D jk jk!:blush:
It would be better if people generally started to care more.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes?

I used to want to do more than put pins in their eyes, now I'm happy to just not deal with them.

What matters is subjective, though I sometimes envy those who can get along with "simpler" things.

More often than I like, but less often than I used to.

More often than I like, but less often than I used to.

No, each snowflake is still made of the same water ice.

I try not to unless it's fictional; hurts less that way.

More than I like, but less than the loud minority.

A few times...

Hell fuck no!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Since people really aren't types but only choose to identify with them, I find this question difficult to answer.

No. I think people have a public side and a private side, and do not begrudge them their shallow public side.

Yes. I get irked when people are bad drivers, messy irresponsible slobs, when they leech off of other people, etc.

I'm not alone anymore, so no, but I'm sure I would if I were to not have the love I now have in my life. I used to feel lonely. My whole life, before I met my SO.

No.

Everyone is technically unique, but I'm not anything to write a book about.

With my SO and my dad, yes. I'm not very empathetic otherwise.

I was when I was younger, but I've grown out of it and feel comfortable with my open appreciation of what's on the radio and MTV. The non-INFPs I know are music snobs too, so I don't think it's type-related.

Not that I recall.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

i do feel selfish, mean, and malice quite alot, then i feel guilty and beat myself up about it.
i though, am extremely 'lovey dovey', theres no way around it, im straight up passionate, although my outward appearance is extremely relaxed, im very passionate about things i do and like, therefor making me very much 'lovey dovey'.

i do indeed. i would never act on these thoughts though.

yes yes yes, i dont care what anyone says, a vast majority of things people find important in this day and age is bull****. college doesnt matter, money doesnt matter, having a job requiring you to kiss*** but pays extremely well doesnt matter. people get so caught up in sports and trends and television, its fine they like things but for god sake my local newspaper had a front page spread of football on 9/11 this past year. people honestly do have their priorites ****ed up. im not saying i dont, its something we all have to work at.

no, i can go a very long time without feeling 'lonesome'. or at least recognizing it, but when i do get in touch with some friend, or hang out with someone i havent seen in a long time, something in my brain clicks, its like... wow this is nice, i feel the pleasure of long awaited meaningful interaction without first feeling lonesome. its like people i havent seen in a year keep saying to me 'i miss youuu' and im like k stfu. but then when i do see them it really is nice to see them.

yes! i am so impulsive in this aspect, i will get a wonderful fun idea, and just go nuts with it, and try to follow through with it, get bored and give up. example: my friend and i set up this fun challenge thing out of nowhere one night, my friend said 'we should make a list of embarrassing things for people to do' [or something to that affect] and i was feeling oh-so frivolous and we organized a Facebook group and shiz, by the next day we had a big following and people were participating in our contest thing! and halfway through the challenge time i got bored of it, and am completely negligent of it. i promised to give prizes and whatever, well its been like a month now and im just not interested in it anymore.

yes and no, i dont say 'hey look how unique i am, hey everyone look how different i am.' i just dont have something inside me telling me to care about what our current society considers normal. i do what i want.

i do indeed. i can put myself in other peoples shoes pretty well.

i am, im not a doucher about it and tell people off [very often], haha but i believe i know good music. but if i want to listen to **** music i listen to it and realize its **** music. i am just a human and i can be interested with catchy beat-nonsense, but i acknowledge the fact it is catchy-beat nonsense and not talented musicianship [if thats the case]. im realistic with my interests. this kinda relates to the me being mad at things that dont matter question.

oh goodness yes, ive made many friends this particular way, ive had complete strangers confide in me. thats how ive made quite a few friends. its a blessing and a curse, as i come off as a tease because women assume that a guy with a listening ear is a guy with a boner and nowhere to put it. which is defiantly not the case with me.

god no.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx

absofuckinglutely

Sauropsidian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That all depends on how comfortable I am, really. I can get somewhat selfish if I'm around people that I wouldn't open up to, but it makes me feel ashamed of myself.

Not a really dark side, but some things I can't stand are superficial, shallow people. I do try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes, some people just, don't deserve it. I can try to have a temporary spite towards someone, but unless I really really dislike that person, it's never shown and doesn't last long.

Yes.

I'm fine with not being with a lot of people (it's actually preferable), but I do need someone there for me who I can trust and open up to.

Sometimes, but usually I don't do it simply because I don't want to act out on it, like, draw attention or anything of the sort.

Yeah.

I'm not sure what you mean by literally, but seeing someone sad reminds me of how terrible it felt whenever I was sad, and I don't want any (decent) person to feel like that.

*naive look*

no.

No, there'd be too much fluff and emotions xD

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP

Selfish definitely. I'm extremely self absorbed and often think of the world and all the people I know as revolving around me.
Mean? I can be very judgemental and hateful of people sometimes, which goes against all the the accepting, empathetic values my INFP self is supposed to stand for. Once my dislike for someone begins, I can pursue it with a passion, looking for every small reason, justification to hate them. Worst case scenario of this is when a romantic interest rejects me.
Not so lovey dovey? Nah, I'm definitely very lovey dovey. :)

As I discussed a bit above, I'm capable of pursuing an intense and biased dislike of someone. Ultimately though I genuinely do not wish to see them suffer, that's when my empathy kicks in. It's just fun to indulge in dislike at a shallow fantasy level, though.

Frustrated? Definitely not. It gives me an excuse to feel elite, superior in my level of emotional/intellectual depth to others. And I like feeling that way.

Yes. I'm hanging out for my first romantic relationship to help with this.

I think I've had times like this, yes. I've also had times where I've tried to put my crazy ideas into action with friends, until their lack of interest wears down on me and I lose interest myself.

I hope that I am, sometimes I'm terrified that I'm just a boring copycat.

I don't know, the word literally is getting me confused. I feel strong empathy, understanding for what others feel, I'm not sure whether this counts as literally feeling their emotions or whether it's at a slightly lower level to that?

A lot, yes.

No, I don't think so.

I'm not sure about that. I think I'd prefer it if SJs would continue to dominate and do all the business and organising, so I can continue to slack off and write poetry. :cheese:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You guys far talk too much, less talk more action !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEGudEoSW4"].[/YOUTUBE]

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes.

- I can be very arrogant and disdainful towards other people who do not agree with my viewpoints. I tend to think of them as ignorant or irrational.
- I do not suffer fools gladly. I have difficulty in concealing my irritation and can become rather scratchy.
- I very much dislike sentimentalism because of its falseness - it so rarely touches the raw emotions its trying to access. I hardly ever cry in movies for this reason.

Oh, I have serious anger issues but they rarely show up externally.

Incredibly so but not so much with sport (I actually like them :D ). At least sport involves skill and amusement, clothes and hair are just about looking good. The mindnumbing superficial details of day to day life are so boring to me.

Always but then this is partly self-inflicted. I guess I want to be able to be alone but not be lonely

This has happened to me quite a few times. I've learned to distrust my brilliant middle of the night ideas.

Depends how you mean this. I am very unusual in terms of the combination and wide variety of, characteristics in my personality. I guess I also like to think I experience the world on a deeper level than the vast majority. I wouldn't say I'm 'special' or anything. I'm not incredibly talented or extraordinary in any one aspect of my personality.

Rarely in a profound way. Generally people don't let on enough to make me feel that. The feeling in that person has to be immediate and very strong. The most common emotion I feel for others is embarassment.

. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob?
Yes! I secretly congratulate myself on my wonderful taste :D

Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story?
One guy sort of did. It was more about his upbringing and ancestry. It was very interesting.

Yes and no. I would like more to be sprinkled around a bit in positions of importance - so that they might persuade people to actually fix things. However, too many might result in the world imploding.