User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    [RE: music snob question]

OMG! What's going on? Are we enemies now? I'm not emotionally prepared for that!
    But I do like all music.
    Likes Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    But I do like all music.
    Okay. I can't imagine liking all music, but having differences doesn't automatically make us enemies.

Perhaps we are even friends.
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?
    The opposite. i think I'm more of a light and lovey-dovey person than people's first impression of me.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
    I can be quite critical but it's not a side that I actively cultivate.
    I don't think anyone has ever upset me enough to go to that extreme.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
    What "really matters"?

4. Do you often feel lonely?
    Sometimes I do. Other times I feel too crowded. Back and forth. Back and forth.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
    Uh, this is sort of my day to day life? Not limited to just night time, mind.

6. Do you consider yourself unique?

Indeed. Very snowflake. Also fragile. Extra snowflake.

7. Do you literally feel other people's pain?
    lol wut. Does mutual embarrassment count?

8. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob?
    Used to. Not anymore.

9. Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story?
    If they did, i can't remember. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Do you think the world would be a bit better with more INFP's?!
    It is impossible for me to predict how a greater presence of INFPs will affect the delicate balance of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Okay. I can't imagine liking all music, but having differences doesn't automatically make us enemies.

Perhaps we are even friends.
    Stop, you're being too nice. I can't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    You didn't have to change your type just to take the survey. INFPs don't like conformity. Now we have to shun you.
    Likes Ghost, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    You didn't have to change your type just to take the survey. INFPs don't like conformity. Now we have to shun you.
    What do you mean?
    I am INFP. I have been one all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    What do you mean?
    I am INFP. I have been one all along.
    How silly of me. My mistake.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I will confess here. I'm most likely an INTP but I often have doubts and sometimes wonder if INFP is not a better fit. I often get INFP on tests and have had INFP suggested to me multiple times. So I will answer the questions because I like answering questions but take what I say with a grain of salt.

1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?
    I'm selfish regarding my time. I don't really enjoy having to help others much. I want my time to be my own, to do my own thing. If someone asks me to do something for them, I will oftentimes say 'yes' anyway if I can see that it's important to them and it won't impinge on my freedom too much. Other than that, I'm not particularly selfish. I'm generous with my things, take other peoples' wishes into account.

I'm never mean to others intentionally. I suppose I could be mean back if someone acted mean towards me or if I saw that someone was doing something really cruel or morally unacceptable.

I'm not lovey-dovey, I'm pretty reserved when it comes to showing affection. I can be fairly expressive when comfortable but it's not really lovey-dovey or touchy-feely if that makes sense.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
    I sometimes think dark, depressing thoughts but I'm not really dark in terms of wishing to be evil or having a 'death wish.' Overall, I'm a very nice person and most people would agree to that.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
    YES!

I rarely feel lonely. I can entertain myself alone quite well and feel less need for social interaction than most people. I still have times when I enjoy social interaction though.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
    Occasionally it happens. More likely, I get the random idea, I'm all ready to it when tomorrow comes but because of circumstances, I am unable to do it just then or an even better idea comes along. I don't lose interest in the original idea, just that something even better took its place.

Well everyone is unique in terms of their genetic makeup. No one else has exactly the same combination of genes that you have. No one has the exact same life experience. So in that sense I'm unique but at the same time I'm very ordinary because I am a human being and I have qualities that are simply part of being human. Such as wanting pleasure and avoiding pain, wanting love and acceptance by others, want my life to be meaningful, etc.

Most of the time no. I can certainly empathize with them but I don't necessarily feel it emotionally myself. There are occasions though where I do. One time one of my Facebook friends mentioned that she was the only one among her coworkers that was not invited to the holiday party. I almost cried myself after reading this because it really hit home for me. It reminded me back in my middle school days when students were really cliquey and feeling like you don't fit in and being rejected by your peers.

I try very hard not to be. If there's one thing that really makes me angry it's people who are very snobby about music, acting like their music is superior and certain types of music are inferior. Music is a very emotionally moving and personal thing to me. If people insult my music, it feels like they are insulting me as a person almost. So oftentimes, I'm reluctant to share music with others because I never quite know how they will respond to it. Some people like to make inferences about your character based on the music you listen to. I hate that. Sometimes I like songs that mention sex or 'the devil' or drugs or prostitution. It doesn't mean at all that I'm for these things. Oftentimes I just like the catchy beat or the sound of someone's voice and I'm not really paying attention to the lyrics at all. There are some songs I do enjoy for the lyrics but I primarily listen to music for the way it sounds. I have types of music that I prefer over other types but even if something wasn't too my liking, I would never tell anyone that it's crap and never should have been made. That just sounds rude to me.

Not my entire life story but if I'm comfortable enough with them and feel I can trust them, I can 'spill out my gut' and share rather personal things about myself. I have had people tell me their whole life story on occasion. I guess they think I'm a good listener.

Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if there were more people similar to myself but then I realize that it takes all types of people, so probably not. All types are equally valuable in my mind.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Most of the time, yeah - then again, I'm my own worst critic.

Hmm, that side is usually reserved for very few people (like Hitler, or Donald Trump)... but occasionally I'll come across someone who just pisses me off for no reason, and simply avoid interacting with that person as much as politeness allows.

Well, it would be hypocritical of me if I were to admit something like that, as I sometimes indulge in such talk myself - but most of the time, I do contemplate on things like environmental issues and human rights. I'm not exactly frustrated with people who seem to care about frivolous matters, but sometimes I feel it would be nice to enjoy a more meaningful conversation.

A huge YES on this one... *sigh*

Just during the night? How about 24/7?

Well, in the sense that I drive everyone nuts, yeah.

Definitely - sometimes to the point where I have to cry it all out, because I'm still too hypersensitive to pain (which I consider to be one of the biggest flaws in my character).

Well, I wouldn't call myself a music snob... I prefer the term "music lover" more

Sure used to happen quite a few times whenever I'd be commuting by train to and from Chicago. I love hearing stories from other people!

Heck yeah!
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Likes themightyfetus, gromit liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Only INFP's have to be honest right?
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.
    Likes magpie, ~MS*ANGEL~ liked this post

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

YES!!!
    Yes, very much so!
    Frustration might not be the word. Disinterested in those people as a result of their interests, is more appropriate.
    no, I'm often alone but don't feel lonely.
    maybe?
    Yes, but unique is not necessarily a good thing.
    YES. Especially when their pain is vented at me. Sucks. I am extra-sensitive.
    No.
    Thank god, no. One of my INFJ friends suffers from this.
    No. The world needs more T types to solve the bigger problems we have.