User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?
    It depends on my mood. Generally speaking, I tend to be kind, respectful, and loving to most people that I interact with. Sometimes I'm so nice I want to punch myself in the face just to spite my disposition. And sometimes, I'm startled by the cranky dragon that emerges when a foul mood begins.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
    Yes, I can be pretty emo. I often get frustrated with others for not thinking on a "deep" level...you know, contemplating existence, analyzing all possible sides before drawing a conclusion, eating cake on a big puffy cloud in the sky. But, I always find myself supporting others, even if I'm grossed out by their lack of original thought, because I'm too damn nice to say anything otherwise.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
    Pretty much the same answer as above. I guess I'm not bothered by the above things, more than I'm disappointed to find out that an individual is more interested in boring sports/clothes/hair than discussing things of a more philosophical nature.

4. Do you often feel lonely?
    It depends. I'm usually pretty good at keeping myself company, considering my mind becomes easily absorbed in thoughts.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
    YES!

6. Do you consider yourself unique?
    Instead of unique, I prefer to classify myself as an odd duck.

7. Do you literally feel other people's pain?
    Very much so.

8. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob?
    I'm a huge music snob. Huge! (that's what she said)

9. Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story?
    Yes. I recall the time I went to Russia and this old lady on a bus began talking to me in Russian, knowing I didn't speak the language fluently. I only caught bits and pieces of what she was saying.

10. Do you think the world would be a bit better with more INFP's?!
    The world wouldn't get anything done with more INFP's. We'd all be too busy daydreaming and idealizing the world.

MBTI
    INFP

Default For All Those Who Have Never Had a Fatal Accident, Oh Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    I have a few questions for INFP's, in an attempt to analyze myself some more and more, etc. And instead of starting seperate threads, I'm going to ask them in here.

1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?

Really selfish and repressed that for too long.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
    Yes and I'm looking for a Domme to explore it.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
    I would rather stick pencils in my eyes.

Yes, I have always felt like a stranger in a strange land.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
    I have learned that these ideas, which are terrific, do not withstand the light of day, alas.

I am unique, just like everyone else.

Yes, and it often derails me from my best interests.

Not really, but hate when others share their crap with me unasked.

Oddly, yes, in the weirdest of circumstances.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

So, see any patterns yet? XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    I have a few questions for INFP's, in an attempt to analyze myself some more and more, etc. And instead of starting seperate threads, I'm going to ask them in here.
    I'm often in doubt of what type I actually am, so keep that in mind when comparing my answers to other INFPs.

I see selfishness as somethign that is part of human nature and it is a part of myself I try to weigh against the needs or wants of others, but it is insidious in its nature and manifests in a sort of "enlightened self interest" where I sometimes do things that do not appear as selfish (and may even appear as altruistic), but if I analyze them deep enough I may find that a selfish desire gave me a nudge. I don't think I'm more selfish than others, but I do think I'm more selfish than others might guess just through observation.

I do not consider myself to be either mean or "lovey-dovey". I internalize my emotions most of the time, so most casual observers would see me as a bit cold and detached even if its not that way internally. Benevolent but cold and aloof is how I think I come across to those that don't know me very well.

Yes, but most of the time its more pity than malice that I feel toward those creatures of inferior mental capacity. For those that lack emotional understanding however I often wish I could make them experience the depth of emotional suffereing that their ignorant actions have caused for others (sometimes to me, sometimes to friends). Most of the time these people are blissfully unaware of the damge they are causing with their words or actions, and maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but if they could be made to feel how their actions make others feel they might be more emotionaly thoughtful of others. Essentialy what I wish for when I wish negativity on others is karmic justice.

Sometimes. I'm actually a bit conflicted about this conecept because I strongly beleive that I should not try to tell others what is right for them, but the frustration comes in when I think about the fact that to acomplish things in this world there needs to be a lot of people that feel strongly enough to make their voices heard and/or get involved in the system more directly, and when it seems like only a fraction of the world holds my views, ya, that can be very frustrating.

Not recently, but in the past it has been a major issue for me.

Yes. I have learned enough about myself that if I do get a intriguing idea in the middle of the night, I try to wake up and start typing. If its not somethign too complicated, I may go directly into project mode and start working on it, but more often than not I just write until my mind is clear enough to go back to sleep then review it later and most of the time nothing becomes of it, but ocasionaly I get an idea that still sounds good enough a day ro two later to followthrough on it.

Yes, but even the people that try to conform and blend in are unique, the difference is they fight their uniqueness rather than accept and embrace it.

In an emotional sense I think its natural for me to imagine how a situation is affecting someone by imaginign how I would feel in that situation. The pain felt may not be the same, but its still a sense of connecting with someone elses suffering.

One of the spiritual concepts I've dabbled in is the visualization of drawing the pain (negative spiritual energy) out of someoen and pulling some of it into myself and then trying to chanel it out of me back to the earth, and it may be just in my mind, but sometimes I do expereince a pain similar (but probably far less in strength) to what I am trying to help aleviate.

Perhaps. I try not to look down on the musical preferences of others, but I do try to promote my own musical preferences to friends and get a bit disapointed when they don't share enthusiasm/appreciation for the same types of music. I do look at a lot of music as lyrically simplistic and lacking emotional depth and judge the music negativly but I try not to hold teh same judgement toward the people that listen to it.

I cant think of any examples of it, but I think once people get to know me, I might be a bit more approachable to them for talking about personal things than a lot of people would be.

10. Do you think the world would be a bit better with more INFP's?![/b]

Probably not, but it might make us feel less alone (good for INFPS to have more INFPs around, but not nescessarily would it make the world a whole a better place). We (those like me anyway) need a motivational catalyst to get things going and after we get motivated we still need folks that are actually good at implimenting ideas. What I often think we need are more ENFPs, ENTPs and ENTJs.
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

not really

only if you cross me and my beliefs and values

If anything I envy them, ignorance is bliss

most of the time

every night

not really

sometimes, but I think that I remeber what it was like for me

nope

yup people just feel at ease with most INFPs

hell no, nothing would get done! lol

MBTI
    INFP

Seeing as most people do not see the world through mbti, or would not immediately know I am INFP anyway, I think I will answer this question as a conflict between my inner self and people's impression of me. I find it hard to be assertive sometimes, but when I'm with friends, I feel fairly free to express my opinions and strong judgements.

I have a lot of anger, mainly toward the type of people who I believe tormented me in my childhood.

I do all those things. I do it partly because I want to own them. At their own game. I will own them at the things they value the most, and then proceed to destroy them.

Yeah.

I write them down on to-do lists so I remember.

Yes.

Sometimes; when I've been through what the other person is going through.

I listen to a bunch of differnt types of music, as long as they have high quality audio and have skillful musicianship. I really hate indie and pop-rock though.

Not yet.

No, this world would not function with only INFPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Inhibited like a roasting javelin to the solar plexus.

I HAD a dark side with a paranoid flavour of thinking before I found out what it was, now I just have a Mr whippy complex.

Fuck em, their choice, they can fuck to anything they like, sports, clothes hair, so what. Its their antithesis to my life.

Plural.

I used to, would be nice for this to return.

Uniquely centrifugal!

Take a fork and stab yourself with it, ask me if I felt that.

Universally snobless

Sometimes.

I think the world would be a lot better with a lot less stereotypes.
    Likes Rune liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    I think the world would be a lot better with a lot less stereotypes.

Very well said!
    Likes Rune liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    me

'People' as in those knowledgeable of temperament and mbti?
    No I don't think so. Most familiar with the infp as a working example (not just internet misrepresentations) view it quite objectively. I have heard plenty of descriptions of 'other types' not being under the impression that infps are fluffy. They would never dream to give the infp such a title of being so unselfish.
    Those less familiar to the mbti may think so, but with time they learn that cognitive functions do not equal personality.

Yes, very much so. I have a bitter, dark side which I work hard to combat. It truly is an effort sometimes. But I don't enjoy hurting people or tarnishing my image, I suppose. That is very pubescent, I am aware. I am slowly letting people into my dark side...

I don't care anymore. People can live whatever life they'd wish to. Good luck to them. It's like that moment from the film version of 'into the wild' where Chris says, he could tell people they are heading down the wrong path, but he's not concerned with that anymore. That's me.

Yup.

Yes! I get random ideas all the time, particularly at night. Night mania...

Nah mate. I've met some really whacked people and people who are really similar to who I am. Am I unique? I don't care.

When I don't have negative feelings towards them, yes. I find it hard to watch films or docos because of this.

Somewhat. I'll give it a try, but I usually know within the first bar of 8 whether I'm going to like the song or not. Unless its classical, in which case I have to listen to the whole song to make up my mind.

Not in real life, but yes online I have.

Doesn't bother me.

Junior Member lovely empty space's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes.

Yeah, unfortunately my perceived shallowness in others tends to get me worked up sometimes.

I only get frustrated if they were to insist that those things are what really matter. Even though, after more thought I would remember that what's important to one person isn't always important to another.

Yes.

Yesss! I hate it so much. It happens anytime though, like I'll be on my way home from work and I'll actually feel compelled to do homework, but as soon as I get home, the feeling is gone and I don't do it.

Sort of, but not really.

Sometimes.

Sort of, but not really.

Only once, but we were both drunk, and it was after I told him my life story.

Who knows.