User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    Aw, howcome you INFP's don't want more INFP's?
    Cuz sadly nothing would get done. and we wouldn`t feel so sP3ciaL anyomore and nobody wants that!
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    Cuz sadly nothing would get done.
    Haha, love the second part.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INFP

1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?
    Since people really aren't types but only choose to identify with them, I find this question difficult to answer.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
    No. I think people have a public side and a private side, and do not begrudge them their shallow public side.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
    Yes. I get irked when people are bad drivers, messy irresponsible slobs, when they leech off of other people, etc.

4. Do you often feel lonely?
    I'm not alone anymore, so no, but I'm sure I would if I were to not have the love I now have in my life. I used to feel lonely. My whole life, before I met my SO.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
    No.

6. Do you consider yourself unique?
    Everyone is technically unique, but I'm not anything to write a book about.

7. Do you literally feel other people's pain?
    With my SO and my dad, yes. I'm not very empathetic otherwise.

8. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob?
    I was when I was younger, but I've grown out of it and feel comfortable with my open appreciation of what's on the radio and MTV. The non-INFPs I know are music snobs too, so I don't think it's type-related.

9. Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story?
    Not that I recall.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?

i do feel selfish, mean, and malice quite alot, then i feel guilty and beat myself up about it.
    i though, am extremely 'lovey dovey', theres no way around it, im straight up passionate, although my outward appearance is extremely relaxed, im very passionate about things i do and like, therefor making me very much 'lovey dovey'.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
    i do indeed. i would never act on these thoughts though.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
    yes yes yes, i dont care what anyone says, a vast majority of things people find important in this day and age is bull****. college doesnt matter, money doesnt matter, having a job requiring you to kiss*** but pays extremely well doesnt matter. people get so caught up in sports and trends and television, its fine they like things but for god sake my local newspaper had a front page spread of football on 9/11 this past year. people honestly do have their priorites ****ed up. im not saying i dont, its something we all have to work at.

no, i can go a very long time without feeling 'lonesome'. or at least recognizing it, but when i do get in touch with some friend, or hang out with someone i havent seen in a long time, something in my brain clicks, its like... wow this is nice, i feel the pleasure of long awaited meaningful interaction without first feeling lonesome. its like people i havent seen in a year keep saying to me 'i miss youuu' and im like k stfu. but then when i do see them it really is nice to see them.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
    yes! i am so impulsive in this aspect, i will get a wonderful fun idea, and just go nuts with it, and try to follow through with it, get bored and give up. example: my friend and i set up this fun challenge thing out of nowhere one night, my friend said 'we should make a list of embarrassing things for people to do' [or something to that affect] and i was feeling oh-so frivolous and we organized a Facebook group and shiz, by the next day we had a big following and people were participating in our contest thing! and halfway through the challenge time i got bored of it, and am completely negligent of it. i promised to give prizes and whatever, well its been like a month now and im just not interested in it anymore.

yes and no, i dont say 'hey look how unique i am, hey everyone look how different i am.' i just dont have something inside me telling me to care about what our current society considers normal. i do what i want.

i do indeed. i can put myself in other peoples shoes pretty well.

i am, im not a doucher about it and tell people off [very often], haha but i believe i know good music. but if i want to listen to **** music i listen to it and realize its **** music. i am just a human and i can be interested with catchy beat-nonsense, but i acknowledge the fact it is catchy-beat nonsense and not talented musicianship [if thats the case]. im realistic with my interests. this kinda relates to the me being mad at things that dont matter question.

oh goodness yes, ive made many friends this particular way, ive had complete strangers confide in me. thats how ive made quite a few friends. its a blessing and a curse, as i come off as a tease because women assume that a guy with a listening ear is a guy with a boner and nowhere to put it. which is defiantly not the case with me.

10. Do you think the world would be a bit better with more INFP's?!
    god no.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

absofuckinglutely

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

That all depends on how comfortable I am, really. I can get somewhat selfish if I'm around people that I wouldn't open up to, but it makes me feel ashamed of myself.

Not a really dark side, but some things I can't stand are superficial, shallow people. I do try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes, some people just, don't deserve it. I can try to have a temporary spite towards someone, but unless I really really dislike that person, it's never shown and doesn't last long.

Yes.

I'm fine with not being with a lot of people (it's actually preferable), but I do need someone there for me who I can trust and open up to.

Sometimes, but usually I don't do it simply because I don't want to act out on it, like, draw attention or anything of the sort.

Yeah.

I'm not sure what you mean by literally, but seeing someone sad reminds me of how terrible it felt whenever I was sad, and I don't want any (decent) person to feel like that.

*naive look*

no.

No, there'd be too much fluff and emotions xD
    4w5 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    INFP

Selfish definitely. I'm extremely self absorbed and often think of the world and all the people I know as revolving around me.
    Mean? I can be very judgemental and hateful of people sometimes, which goes against all the the accepting, empathetic values my INFP self is supposed to stand for. Once my dislike for someone begins, I can pursue it with a passion, looking for every small reason, justification to hate them. Worst case scenario of this is when a romantic interest rejects me.
    Not so lovey dovey? Nah, I'm definitely very lovey dovey.

As I discussed a bit above, I'm capable of pursuing an intense and biased dislike of someone. Ultimately though I genuinely do not wish to see them suffer, that's when my empathy kicks in. It's just fun to indulge in dislike at a shallow fantasy level, though.

Frustrated? Definitely not. It gives me an excuse to feel elite, superior in my level of emotional/intellectual depth to others. And I like feeling that way.

Yes. I'm hanging out for my first romantic relationship to help with this.

I think I've had times like this, yes. I've also had times where I've tried to put my crazy ideas into action with friends, until their lack of interest wears down on me and I lose interest myself.

I hope that I am, sometimes I'm terrified that I'm just a boring copycat.

I don't know, the word literally is getting me confused. I feel strong empathy, understanding for what others feel, I'm not sure whether this counts as literally feeling their emotions or whether it's at a slightly lower level to that?

A lot, yes.

No, I don't think so.

I'm not sure about that. I think I'd prefer it if SJs would continue to dominate and do all the business and organising, so I can continue to slack off and write poetry.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You guys far talk too much, less talk more action !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEGudEoSW4"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You guys far talk too much, less talk more action !
    But...but why?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Yes.

- I can be very arrogant and disdainful towards other people who do not agree with my viewpoints. I tend to think of them as ignorant or irrational.
    - I do not suffer fools gladly. I have difficulty in concealing my irritation and can become rather scratchy.
    - I very much dislike sentimentalism because of its falseness - it so rarely touches the raw emotions its trying to access. I hardly ever cry in movies for this reason.

Oh, I have serious anger issues but they rarely show up externally.

Incredibly so but not so much with sport (I actually like them ). At least sport involves skill and amusement, clothes and hair are just about looking good. The mindnumbing superficial details of day to day life are so boring to me.

Always but then this is partly self-inflicted. I guess I want to be able to be alone but not be lonely

This has happened to me quite a few times. I've learned to distrust my brilliant middle of the night ideas.

Depends how you mean this. I am very unusual in terms of the combination and wide variety of, characteristics in my personality. I guess I also like to think I experience the world on a deeper level than the vast majority. I wouldn't say I'm 'special' or anything. I'm not incredibly talented or extraordinary in any one aspect of my personality.

Rarely in a profound way. Generally people don't let on enough to make me feel that. The feeling in that person has to be immediate and very strong. The most common emotion I feel for others is embarassment.

. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob?
    Yes! I secretly congratulate myself on my wonderful taste

Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story?
    One guy sort of did. It was more about his upbringing and ancestry. It was very interesting.

Yes and no. I would like more to be sprinkled around a bit in positions of importance - so that they might persuade people to actually fix things. However, too many might result in the world imploding.