User Tag List

First 456

Thread: INFP + INFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm afraid that my two bankrupt INFP friends seem to reinforce that stereotype.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    SO what .. INFPs don't pay their bills on time? seems a rather silly stereotype to me..
    For real....before I lost my job a year ago, I had perfect credit for years. I never paid bills late, my only debt was a car payment, and I had a decent savings. Between me and my ESFP siblings, I have always been the responsible, independent child. I wouldn't call myself frugal, but I always managed money well. But you cannot manage something you don't have...

Now my credit is shot to hell & I have real debt....very frustrating how it takes so long to build a thing like credit, and how circumstances that are mostly out of your control can ruin it so quickly. Of course, now I resent the system , when before it never occurred to me I was playing an unfair game. I have a lot more sympathy for people who've been bankrupt and that sort of thing; being judged by these numbers is ridiculous.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Paying bills on time ... easy! Put them on auto-pay or direct debit; remembering not required.
    I have a "to pay" pile on my desk, and a box I put them into once they're paid. I can't look at my computer without seeing them and I pay them off as soon as the money is there or when they show up, which ever happens last.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

*snort* Just the reaction to my silly throwaway statement about bills, confirms to me why two INFP's (one being me) wouldn't work. I'm quite sure there would be a negative feedback loop, where one or the other was constantly offended by the other.
    As it happens, I do fit that particular stereotype (not proud of it, BTW)....sorry to upset you all, but dude, inspite of our greatest efforts we aren't exactly practical people, if it's not that, it would be constantly having to look for key cars every time one or the other heads out....and there is truth to the absent minded stereotype. Sure one learns how to get around that, but one cannot deny when we have our minds on some thing we deem important, the mundane details are thrown by the way side. I don't necessarily want to become the "practical" one at the expense of losing my creative side, and I'm quite sure that's the role I would have to take up if I paired up with another INFP.
    As a peace offering, I will say though, once through the awkard stage, an INFP couple would have some ripper conversations though, and shooting the breeze would be fun together esp. if having a shared sense of humour, but I can't see it being particularly productive.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I NEVER pay my utility bills on time. If I pay the electric and internet bills before getting a disconnect notice, I consider that billing cycle a success. Now, credit card bills I really try to pay on time since they'll charge you up the ass for late fees. So yeah, I would consider that stereotype a somewhat accurate one (if there is such a thing as an "accurate stereotype").

Also, about the sensor-deficient stuff...I drive my ISFJ girlfriend crazy when she sends me to the store WITH A LIST, and yet I'll still manage to forget at least one or two items every time. She also says I'm the clumsiest person she knows. The absent-minded INFP thing is totally true, at least with me.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    *snort* Just the reaction to my silly throwaway statement about bills, confirms to me why two INFP's (one being me) wouldn't work. I'm quite sure there would be a negative feedback loop, where one or the other was constantly offended by the other.
    As it happens, I do fit that particular stereotype (not proud of it, BTW)....sorry to upset you all, but dude, inspite of our greatest efforts we aren't exactly practical people, if it's not that, it would be constantly having to look for key cars every time one or the other heads out....and there is truth to the absent minded stereotype. Sure one learns how to get around that, but one cannot deny when we have our minds on some thing we deem important, the mundane details are thrown by the way side. I don't necessarily want to become the "practical" one at the expense of losing my creative side, and I'm quite sure that's the role I would have to take up if I paired up with another INFP.
    As a peace offering, I will say though, once through the awkard stage, an INFP couple would have some ripper conversations though, and shooting the breeze would be fun together esp. if having a shared sense of humour, but I can't see it being particularly productive.
    There you go then.. I deem paying my bills on time as important.

I will admit it was not always like this, I was married to an ESFJ who taught me the value in not only paying bills on time but also having money in the bank.. Now I can't imagine it any other way

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Sure one learns how to get around that, but one cannot deny when we have our minds on some thing we deem important, the mundane details are thrown by the way side. I don't necessarily want to become the "practical" one at the expense of losing my creative side, and I'm quite sure that's the role I would have to take up if I paired up with another INFP.
    Unless what each of you deems as important is complementary
    I definitely see what you're getting at though....there's been discussion of how with an INFP-INFP relationship, one becomes more "T" or more "E" or whatever. Basically, the INFP has to wear the ESTJ business suit all the time and can't ever relax. I'm not sure if that would hold true in reality. Do you really need an "opposite" to complement you? I don't think so...

I agree that INFPs are not often practical minded, but I don't think that equates with being irresponsible. I'm very much an idealist with my head in the clouds, but I've still managed to function just fine as an independent adult; there's often a method to my madness . It has even surprised me - maybe some INFPs sell themselves short (and other people definitely sell us short), but I think a reasonably balanced INFP is able to take care of the practical sides of life without sacrificing their true self. A big part of it is just keeping those things in perspective and not seeing them as a threat to your identity. I like this statement from www.personalitypage.com:

[INFPs who've developed Ne] will find that they're able to do anything that they put their mind to, although they may not find it personally satisfying. Things may seem to come easily to these INFPs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe