User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: INFP + INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

wow reading this really makes me imagine how indestrctable a good matching pair of INFP's would be. the strongest idealist couple ever. 2 loyal infps would have each others back like effing airport security.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I could see it happening with almost any NF-NF relationship, and it seems nice in theory, but there's also an over-dependency that could develop, lack of growth because each assures the other they are fine and the world is the problem, elitist attitudes that could form, etc.

Ideally, two NFs would encourage and support the other to grow towards their potential best self, but it could backfire and just end up with the two over-coddling each other. That seems most likely when you have two of the exact same type. Although, I realize individuals have enough differences that two INFPs could still mesh well without rubbing each other the wrong way or sinking into a complacency.
    Believe me, the world applies enough pressure all on it's own. An INFP need not have Dr. Phil at home to be challenged.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I went out with an INFP a few times.

1) he was more nervous than I was, which threw me off, which threw him off I think, which threw me more off, NFs are very sensitive to vibes

2) had absolutely Nothing to say to each other even though we had a lot in common, no stimuli from either of us, we seriously would sit and not be able to say anything

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post

1) he was more nervous than I was, which threw me off, which threw him off I think, which threw me more off, NFs are very sensitive to vibes

2) had absolutely Nothing to say to each other even though we had a lot in common, no stimuli from either of us, we seriously would sit and not be able to say anything
    This sounds like my first date with my INFJ husband. We would talk for eight to fifteen hours straight on the telephone (it was summer time and we talked deep in the nights) and then freeze up on dates. It passed.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley45 View Post
    Is it common for INFP's to be attracted to other INFP's romantically? I have never, ever in my life been attracted to another INFP in terms of any sort of relationship, though I am very attracted to INFP's as friends, since we connect very well.

I think two INFP's together would, more often than not, be a disaster, and I can't see how any two INFP's could be interested in each other romantically if they are so much alike. (Unless, maybe one or both was not a strong INFP and more balanced toward the middle.)

Thoughts? Have you ever known two INFP's to be attracted in more than a 'good friends' capacity?

Agreed. Here's my vote on INFP+INFP...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I wonder if any type wanting to be with the same type is really an issue of that type being a good match for itself, or the self not having grown enough yet to move beyond wanting its mirror image in another. Sorry, not trying to harsh on anyone's infp+infp mellow, just a thought I had...

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This sounds like my first date with my INFJ husband. We would talk for eight to fifteen hours straight on the telephone (it was summer time and we talked deep in the nights) and then freeze up on dates.
    That's more than some couples talk all week nowadays. Ah, the lost art of romance...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I wonder if any type wanting to be with the same type is really an issue of that type being a good match for itself, or the self not having grown enough yet to move beyond wanting its mirror image in another. Sorry, not trying to harsh on anyone's infp+infp mellow, just a thought I had...

That's more than some couples talk all week nowadays. Ah, the lost art of romance...
    As I understand, ENFJ+ENFJ and INFJ+INFJ are very good couple pairings. I believe INTP+INTP is as well, but thats just me

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post

Nervousness in someone else can sometimes make me more comfortable ....it's endearing. Most of the INTPs I've dated endeared me initially because they seemed so nervous & awkward.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Nervousness in someone else can sometimes make me more comfortable ....it's endearing. Most of the INTPs I've dated endeared me initially because they seemed so nervous & awkward.
    I feel this way as well. When I see my friend being nervous around me, I begin to stumble over my words. We definitely are affected by each other's vibes (he's an INTP, INFJ, or INFP, uncertain). We completely opened up and trusted each other immediately, which led to romantic feelings and then to more sensitivity over vibes ("what are you feeling, is it the same as me?...I think so, perhaps not.., etc.") I wish that we weren't so sensitive to one another's vibes sometimes because it makes it hard for me to sit still in his presence. If I feel I'm making him feel uncomfortable, I feel uncomfortable and want to leave immediately (give him space). With vibes, you're not certain if what you're feeling is accurate though or not. In other words, I tend to take it personally if I feel he's feeling awkward or nervous around me ("what did I do?") when in fact I may not have done anything at all. He may just want more boundaries and distance on a particular day, as I do at times.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

alright fun fact:
    so i met this INFP online a little over a year ago, we became extremely close almost instantly. it was made clear that we had mutual 'feelings' within a month of just texting and internet communications. well i finally met her in person friday night. [i finally had the initiative and balls to follow through]. i dont know if it was the year of sending each other messages or what.. but my goodness it was a good connection. slow for the first five minutes, as she was kind of shy and hesitant. but we warmed up so fast it was ridiculous. i have never in my life felt so open and natural with another person, nonetheless a girl.
    the whole theory of clashing ideals wasnt really an issue at all. we were both aware of each others pasts.. [where some ideals had defiantly clashed] and when a touchy topic came up in conversation there was no hard feelings at all.
    again.. this may be skewed and biased due to it being a somewhat long term thing. but i was really nervous myself if we would work out in person too.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.