User Tag List

1231151101 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

I know that the INTJ is the suggested "natural partner" for the ENFP, but I can't stand EVERY INTJ I have ever met. I realize that's a hugely mean thing to say (I'm sorry!), but I have yet to be introduced to an INTJ that I liked.
    They are vindictive, cold, insensitive, and mooch without so much as a thanks.
    I know this most likely isn't true for all INTJ's, but what could be the reason behind these particularly annoying INTJs?
    I personally am drawn more towards the INFJ (Albeit, in a much more family-oriented way. My almost-brother friend and my father <3). They tend to be more sensitive and understanding toward the ENFP's natural drama, but also need us to coddle them a little and coax them out of their natural moody shell. Definitely one of my favorite types.
    What are your experiences with the INTJ and/or the INFJ, my fellow ENFPs?

MBTI
    ISFJ

"Natural drama"

There's your problem.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    "Natural drama"

There's your problem.
    Hah.
    It's true. Just a tad bit emotional.
    Just a tad.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I've got a front row seat to an ENFP friend of mine gravitating slowly, but surely to an INTJ asshole. She's desperate at the moment...I don't think she's going to realize either that the INTJ's bad for her, or that she's in "desperation" mode before this collision occurs.

I'm sad to see it happen, but I'm happy for the lesson she's going to get out of it--being content with who she is as a single. It's a pain in the ass, but being self assured, rather than constantly searching, is a guaranteed way to become a double.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    I've got a front row seat to an ENFP friend of mine gravitating slowly, but surely to an INTJ asshole. She's desperate at the moment...I don't think she's going to realize either that the INTJ's bad for her, or that she's in "desperation" mode before this collision occurs.

I'm sad to see it happen, but I'm happy for the lesson she's going to get out of it--being content with who she is as a single. It's a pain in the ass, but being self assured, rather than constantly searching, is a guaranteed way to become a double.
    Ok

But would you mind explaining why do you think that this guy is an asshole ?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

INFJ is, I think, a pretty natural match for ENFPs as well Just as some INTJs would be better matched with ENTPs than ENFPs.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Let me specify: My best friend is an INTJ. I love INTJ women (especially Poppy ), they don't seem to have the same willingness to put everybody down in the process of finding their way as the men do (and it's cute to watch them try and hold in their frustration).

Just the same, every so often, the INTJ I know goes on a self-righteous, self-improvement mission of some kind (e.g. anti-media diets, so he can't come to our superbowl party that he'd already committed to, or a meaningless regiment to start getting up at 8 in the morning, when he's got a part time job that start at 12:30 in the afternoon, so he can't hang out past 9pm, stuff like that) and blows off all of his friends and family, attempting to try out a new technique for operating in life. Our friends typically respect him enough to let him do it without saying much, but the issue is, whenever he ventures forth on such a mission, all of his prior committments go out the window, and according to the mission he's on, certain people who, by being around them, would counteract his attempts at this new discipline, will cut them out for the duration, until the "lifestyle fad" has played out, and he's tired of committing himself to meaningless disciplines.

It's like male INTJs are self focused and love self-abuse; if you get in the way of the self-abuse at all, you become the abused. My friend in particular has an expectation for everyone to form around him, and support him on his latest endeavor--if we are actually his friends. He doesn't realize how much he puts all of us out.

As far as my ENFP's INTJ is concerned, he's already shown a propensity of stringing her along a bit.

I'm sorry for the stereotype...I've just never met a male INTJ that I'd consider to be really healthy.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTJ

^ Hmmm. Insightful.

Substantially different priorities at work, but insightful.

And ps, just by the bye:

Just the same, every so often, [ENFPs will go on a] self-righteous, self-improvement mission of some kind (e.g. anti-media diets, so he can't come to our superbowl party that he'd already committed to, or a meaningless regiment to start getting up at 8 in the morning, when he's got a part time job that start at 12:30 in the afternoon, so he can't hang out past 9pm, stuff like that) and blows off all of his friends and family, attempting to try out a new technique for operating in life. Our friends typically respect him enough to let him do it without saying much, but the issue is, whenever he ventures forth on such a mission, all of his prior committments go out the window, and according to the mission he's on, certain people who, by being around them, would counteract his attempts at this new discipline, will cut them out for the duration, until the "lifestyle fad" has played out, and he's tired of committing himself to meaningless disciplines.

The difference being an ENFP'll be really, really sorry they forgot about what you'd planned.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Fascinating. I don't care about the ENFPs being flaky because of the F-er. No wonder you two would make such a good fit.
    Love is the point.