• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Fe users feel no genuine emotion. We have a pack of glycerine tears in our pockets for just the proper occasion.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug: :heart: :wubbie: Happy Puppy!!! I R KETTLE KORN.

I also sincerely agree that we need moar INTJs responding to this thread. Good call.

I was getting some good information out of them until your bitchfest with onemoretime scared them all off. Good work.

This thread was going so well until it turned into the marmalade.sunrise show.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was getting some good information out of them until your bitchfest with onemoretime scared them all off. Good work.

This thread was going so well until it turned into the marmalade.sunrise show.

No!!!1111 it was the OMT show, blame him.

Because I say so. ;)

In truth they've obviously returned to the thread, and were here long before you landed, so get over yourself ENTP. :D

Qre:us

Great, poor Waffle got pancaked, and will never start a thread again.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No. I'm annoyed that you're being willfully obtuse. Happy Puppy is a very Te-oriented ENFP. She doesn't piss me off one bit - because she lets her Ne play with it and figure things out. You seem to just use it to protect yourself from the negative emotions that would come from admitting that you're wrong about things, you make mistakes, and yes, you've harmed people in your life without a single thought.

Everyone does that! It's human. And I do admit I'm wrong about things....you don't know me! What is your problem? You're on some weird trip where you think you're enlightening people. It's really...obnoxious.

Yeah, but you haven't seemingly made it to the important part: "yeah, I've fucked up in the past. I've learned a lot from it, and I try every day to make sure I don't hurt another person in that very same way." Instead, when someone brings up another instance where you might be inadvertently harming someone, you build excuse upon excuse, blaming everyone and everything but the behavior itself. When it would be so much easier to say "wow, I never realized that this impacts others in this way. I'm glad I know this now, because I'd hate to do this to a person ever again."

BTW, I've alienated myself from many people from Ti behaviors out of control. It hurts every day. You learn from every scar, no matter how painful.

You're being ridiculously self-righteous and think you can read people's minds. I'm not being "willfully obtuse" - you're just not saying anything particularly profound, and it's not your place to play therapist, either.

Who do you think you are? :shock: I mean really, at this point I'm beginning to suspect you might be mentally ill.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I would ask what the hell ENTPs are doing in this thread though. Don't yall have some INFJs to trip and fumble over?

Yeah, but there's too damn much agreement with them, and where's the fun in that? </house>

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Everyone does that! It's human. And I do admit I'm wrong about things....you don't know me! What is your problem? You're on some weird trip where you think you're enlightening people. It's really...obnoxious.

If this is just a character on a board you're portraying, I congratulate you, it's a real doozy.

You're being ridiculously self-righteous and think you can read people's minds. I'm not being "willfully obtuse" - you're just not saying anything particularly profound, and it's not your place to play therapist, either.

Just keep projecting. Next time it'll work, promise. :whistling:

Who do you think you are? :shock: I mean really, at this point I'm beginning to suspect you might be mentally ill.

Probably. Haven't you noticed it's a bit of a nuthouse around here? We wouldn't be talking about this stuff if we were well-adjusted, you know.

G

garbage

That's it. I'm going to start posting about dolphins in random threads. I want everyone to join me in talking about dolphins wherever I go. You can hate dolphins or you can love dolphins, so long as you talk about them with me. Dolphins always have at least very tenuous link to the topic at hand, so it's okay.

Do not take away my right to talk about dolphins.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If this is just a character on a board you're portraying, I congratulate you, it's a real doozy. Just keep projecting. Next time it'll work, promise. :whistling:

No. Seriously. You're the one projecting. You're accusing ENFPs - and me as an individual - of all sorts of bizarre things when you don't know anything about us as people IRL. You're imagining stuff and transferring it on to us. At this point, it's just gotten laughable. I think you've really got some problems.

sculpting

one moretime stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god man. Marmelade stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys go kill each other on your walls please???!!!??? I actually love you guys and Q a lot.

you are all kinda cute. I wonder what your babies would look like?

I really love simulated world. I often think how we could cuddle together under the stars.and he'd hold my hand, and we could hug, and then buy me flowers and he could look deeply into my big googly Fi eyes. Ah, sweet bliss. SW can I love you FOREVER??????????????

hey OMT and marmelade, you guys go make babies. I get SW. I think Q has an INFJ alreday. woo-hoo type C punnitt squares.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
one moretime stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god man. Marmelade stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys go kill each other on your walls please???!!!??? I actually love you guys and Q a lot.

you are all kinda cute. I wonder what your babies would look like?

I really love simulated world. I often think how we could cuddle together under the stars.and he'd hold my hand, and we could hug, and then buy me flowers and he could look deeply into my big googly Fi eyes. Ah, sweet bliss. SW can I love you FOREVER??????????????

hey OMT and marmelade, you guys go make babies. I get SW. I think Q has an INFJ alreday. woo-hoo type C punnitt squares.

No, thank you, Happy Puppy. I'm holding out for an INTJ.

I think Q has an INFJ alreday.

I initially thought him to be - INXJ, then, mistyped him, when I didn't know enough about personality theory, and I saw his "F" to be over-represented, making him INFJ, when in fact, it was tertiary Fi. And, he's INTJ, with a mature hold on Fi. Like a few of the INTJs here.

And, now he's my ex. :whistling:

Another reason for one of my initial interest in this thread, what with ENFP being pretty close to me and all, and having had a LTR with an INTJ.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Remember that we rely partly on members to let us know when things go down the tubes. I don't read every thread on the forum and I don't think any of the other madmins do either. I haven't set foot in here until just now.

Having said that, I am so not in a position to thoughtfully attend to the issues in here at the moment, there being almost 800 posts and all. So please let this serve as a general warning. More specific treatment to follow.

Hey, I know I'm not really that intimidating and all, but usually people at least pretend to listen to me when I go all schoolmarm.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
No. Seriously. You're the one projecting. You're accusing ENFPs - and me as an individual - of all sorts of bizarre things when you don't know anything about us as people IRL. You're imagining stuff and transferring it on to us. At this point, it's just gotten laughable. I think you've really got some problems.

Game. Set. Match. :footballreferee:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What Happy Puppy said, and also, this post of mine (since I brought in this term, Fi manipulation, which later, another xNFP agreed with) outlines exactly what I was speaking of:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/1047322-post538.html

I can see this to be the case, but, that specific example with my ex-roomie and her crying, nah, I'm 100% sure she did it for show. She had even previously joked about her "skills" to be able to cry at the drop of a hat, to get "Daddy to do this, that," to get her bf to do this, that. That was just that particular girl's M.O.

I wouldn't miscontrue all crying, unless it's appropriate by my standards to the situation, to be fake. I'm Ne-dom, I'm pretty good at looking at things from other perspectives. This, coupled with TiFe, also makes me have a pretty all right bullshit (creator/)detector too. :D

Does this mean I would feel sympathy for an Fe-user crying faster than I would for an Fi-user crying?

Let me clarify a couple of things.

"Fe user" and "Fi user" are misnomers. If you're "strong F", you use both, though you'll tend to lean on one more than the other. If you're expressing an emotion that's arising from inside of you, that's Fi, whether or not you're an "Fi user". Even xxTJs and xxTPs cry.

Now, if someone is doing as you suggest, and is crying to get their way, that's Fe, by definition. (It's an immature/evil use of Fe, I'm not saying Fe is bad.) My original point was to identify a pattern by which miscommunication could occur. Part of that pattern is that the crying could be genuine, yet misconstrued. It is also possible that the "Fi user" is being a manipulative jerk, and no misconstruing is going on.

With respect to feeling sympathy, I don't think you'd feel sympathy faster for an Fe user or an Fi user ... you would evaluate the person's motives, whether they're Fe, Fi, Te or Ti. If in your judgment you think they're being manipulative, you're not going to feel much sympathy. If you think the tears are genuine, your sympathy will be prompt.

Let me clarify a couple of things.

"Fe user" and "Fi user" are misnomers. If you're "strong F", you use both, though you'll tend to lean on one more than the other. If you're expressing an emotion that's arising from inside of you, that's Fi, whether or not you're an "Fi user". Even xxTJs and xxTPs cry.

Ah, gotcha.

Now, if someone is doing as you suggest, and is crying to get their way, that's Fe, by definition. (It's an immature/evil use of Fe, I'm not saying Fe is bad.)

Why is this? Are you saying that when someone cries to get their way, it is always due to the immature use of Fe? (I'm guessing you're hinting at social manipulation?)

With respect to feeling sympathy, I don't think you'd feel sympathy faster for an Fe user or an Fi user ... you would evaluate the person's motives, whether they're Fe, Fi, Te or Ti. If in your judgment you think they're being manipulative, you're not going to feel much sympathy. If you think the tears are genuine, your sympathy will be prompt.

Yes. Agreed.

Thanks for the clarification.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why is this? Are you saying that when someone cries to get their way, it is always due to the immature use of Fe? (I'm guessing you're hinting at social manipulation?)

Yes, I am. Note the common story of the child who falls and hurts himself outside. Bravely and quietly gets up, walks inside, and the moment he sees Mommy, starts crying.

In this case, he probably doesn't realize he's being manipulative, but it's the rudimentary beginning of understanding communication. Crying "doesn't work" if Mommy isn't there.

It's only when one knows better that it becomes evil and manipulative.

That said, I -am- INTJ, and I don't personally understand Fe that well. I'm going by definitions, that crying to manipulate others is necessarily extroverted feeling, even if an INTJ does it.