• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
And, I think I felt the need to defend Amar, I read her, or should I say, I read into her relationship song and dance, and felt as though there was NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH IT!!!

And for people to think she is being manipulative, rather than being PLAYFUL!?!??!

I dunno, it bothered me.

Yeah, the reason why it bothers me is because some people really enjoy this dynamic in a relationship - the power exchange, dominance and submission, playing up to a partner so they'll "take care of you" - and clearly if someone is choosing to be in a relationship with someone who does these things, they are choosing to play the game. All I see going on here is a bunch of people who do not prefer that style of romantic or sexual play postulating about why they personally find it distasteful. It's like...mmm...okay. That's nice. If you don't like it, that's cool, but why are you forcing your own sexual and emotional preferences on us by slyly calling what we do "manipulation" and other vaguely perjorative terms.

Qre:us

Hmm...lets see...a handful of ENTPs wander into a thread about ENFP/INTJ relationships and turn it into a rambling ten-page dialogue about what they see wrong with "Fi manipulation." You weren't the one who compared it to date rape or emotional abuse, but it was referred to that a few pages back. So drop the "we" and insert "I" when you say judging isn't taking place.

Not a handful - 2 (myself and OMT), simu just arrived.

We did not talk amongst ourselves, to turn it into a "rambling 10-page dialogue".....maybe you should also place equal "blame" on those that responded, including a few ENFPs, to make it ramble so?

Yeah, so we can't have a discussion on why we may find a certain brand of Fi manifestation to be manipulative? Even though there's people who are responding to the discussion? What are you, the thought police?

(granted, thread should have been split, and you can take that up with a mod, btw)

I'm not OMT, so I'll leave that one be.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey look, another ENFP and ENTP bicker fest! It's not like we don't have a million threads that turn into this.

So what's this all about then!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not a handful - 2 (myself and OMT), simu just arrived.

Actually, Sim arrived before you did.

We did not talk amongst ourselves, to turn it into a "rambling 10-page dialogue".....maybe you should also place equal "blame" on those that responded, including a few ENFPs, to make it ramble so?

You're right. That's why I called it a dialogue, and not a monologue.

Yeah, so we can't have a discussion on why we may find a certain brand of Fi manifestation to be manipulative? Even though there's people who are responding to the discussion? What are you, the thought police?

Can't you guys take your whining and complaining about Fi somewhere else? Must it always come to this? WTH?

(granted, thread should have been split, and you can take that up with a mod, btw)

I'm not OMT, so I'll leave that one be.

I don't whine to mods. I prefer to address things directly. But feel free, if you're so inclined.

No, you and Kalach, I'm actually not sure.

I read his post earlier today, and then I read "Fi manipulation"

And, I kinda lost it.

:)

You do know that when you CAPITALIZE and go off on someone to stop judging you, without understanding if they indeed were judging, or stating their own preference, opinions, you then place judgement upon them...it's kinda hypocritical.

And, it wasn't Fi-manipulation, but, how manipulation could be manifested by Fi. Manipulation, as stated earlier by me, in this very thread, can happen with Fe too. This topic, we were focusing on Fi, in particular.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You do know that when you CAPITALIZE and go off on someone to stop judging you, without understanding if they indeed were judging, or stating their own preference, opinions, you then place judgement upon them...it's kinda hypocritical.

And, it wasn't Fi-manipulation, but, how manipulation could be manifested by Fi. Manipulation, as stated earlier by me, in this very thread, can happen with Fe too. This topic, we were focusing on Fi, in particular.

What else is new.

Also, playing the hypocritical card at this stage is kinda..yeah. Hypocritical, I'd say. And hilariously ironic.

As for the dialogue..my bad. If I remember correctly, I started by answering some genuine-seeming questions by the two ENTPs on the dynamic of Fi between INTJ and ENFP, which was still relevant to the topic. Of course, as always, it spiralled out of control when tertiary Fe met Fi. Oh well.

You're right. That's why I called it a dialogue, and not a monologue.

But, why are you singling out the ENTP?

Can't you guys take your whining and complaining about Fi somewhere else? Must it always come to this? WTH?

Err....read the title of this thread and the adjective used. It wasn't going to be happy fluff about ENFP or INTJ. Maybe you should also complain to the OP?

I don't whine to mods. I prefer to address things directly. But feel free, if you're so inclined.

No you just whine to those, who can't create any impact on the parsing of this thread (that is, take out the "whining" you so object to). Good job! Effective.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hey look, another ENFP and ENTP bicker fest! It's not like we don't have a million threads that turn into this.

I can't follow this thread to save my life. The OP was really kind of stupid and then it escalated from there, apparently. ENTP jumped in to prove ENFP is screwed up? I think I'm changing to ISFP with BC.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ Fi manipulation- different types will perceive different functions in different ways. ENTPs and ENFPs have pretty different values and ways of doing things, so naturally they will see Fi in a different way. And that's it. Not hard to figure out.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yeah this thread is called "ENFP + INTJ = Disasterous Combo?" not "ENFP + ENTP = Disasterous Combo?"

I already found the answer to the second question to be a resounding yes, hence why I'm more interested in the first.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@ Fi manipulation- different types will perceive different functions in different ways. ENTPs and ENFPs have pretty different values and ways of doing things, so naturally they will see Fi in a different way. And that's it. Not hard to figure out.

Amen to that.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, the reason why it bothers me is because some people really enjoy this dynamic in a relationship - the power exchange, dominance and submission, playing up to a partner so they'll "take care of you" - and clearly if someone is choosing to be in a relationship with someone who does these things, they are choosing to play the game.

All I see going on here is a bunch of people who do not prefer that style of romantic or sexual play postulating about why they personally find it distasteful.
It's like...mmm...okay. That's nice.

If you don't like it, that's cool, but why are you forcing your own sexual and emotional preferences on us by slyly calling what we do "manipulation" and other vaguely perjorative terms
MONEY POST!!!

Thank you for explaining it so clearly!

:)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But, why are you singling out the ENTP?

Because this thread isn't about you and how you feel about us. ENTPs seem to think everything is about them.

Err....read the title of this thread and the adjective used. It wasn't going to be happy fluff about ENFP or INTJ. Maybe you should also complain to the OP?

I have no problem with the OP.

Last part of post completely irrelevant and non-sensical.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ugh if only you guys understood socionics. All of the relationship styles of the types are very clearly given... and the reason why an ENTP would dislike an ENFP's is because of differing quadra values/ways of interacting romantically.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ You should start a thread like SUPER's

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought Amar was INFP?

I still relate to my ENFP sisters a lot ;)
Also, I date an INTJ, hence I felt like posting in this thread. As I'm close to the line I/E-wise, and my experiences seem to overlap with other ENFPs here, I enjoyed parttaking in this thread.

Btw, I'm stilll curious to hear from INTJs on how they experience 'the game'...hope they'll return here shortly so we can get this thread back on track :)

sculpting

After some thought-Amar-you need to evalute the way you use Fi on people who you aren't fucking. Its a powertrip hidden behind a slutty sugar coat. Quit using Te to justify and use Fi to ethically evaluate the consequnces. Its fucked up.

On a brighter note.

Fi is about air. Salty fresh cold in my mouth nose throat. Fi feels. Fi is about how millions of grains of sand mix in thousands of colors, all crumbling, merging, differntiating, continually. No end no start, just flowing amorphism. Fi is how you can feel the way the waves sound. The way they pull your soul in and out, as they crash.

Fi is waves, ne sees the patterns, the merging, the potential, endless complexity, yet repeating over and over in simplicity.

Why wouldn't the world be a cycle? Why would it ever end? Fi isn't about me, its about everything all connected, all one endless entity.

Heaven would be to merge into oneness with the patterns, until there is no end, no beginning.

Also I came up with a cool idea about Fi forging simulations mentally. My entp says that's bullshit and then Fi connects people across time and space and my simulation idea is crap.

Alrighty then. Entps are always right.

Time to take a nap on the sand, tangle my fingers into the hair of my lover, the ocean.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After some thought-Amar-you need to evalute the way you use Fi on people who you aren't fucking. Its a powertrip hidden behind a slutty sugar coat. Quit using Te to justify and use Fi to ethically evaluate the consequnces. Its fucked up.

Kindly refrain from telling me what to do. Ever.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

On a brighter note.

Fi is about air. Salty fresh cold in my mouth nose throat. Fi feels. Fi is about how millions of grains of sand mix in thousands of colors, all crumbling, merging, differntiating, continually. No end no start, just flowing amorphism. Fi is how you can feel the way the waves sound. The way they pull your soul in and out, as they crash.

Fi is waves, ne sees the patterns, the merging, the potential, endless complexity, yet repeating over and over in simplicity.

Why wouldn't the world be a cycle? Why would it ever end? Fi isn't about me, its about everything all connected, all one endless entity.

Heaven would be to merge into oneness with the patterns, until there is no end, no beginning.

Also I came up with a cool idea about Fi forging simulations mentally. My entp says that's bullshit and then Fi connects people across time and space and my simulation idea is crap.

Alrighty then. Entps are always right.

Time to take a nap on the sand, tangle my fingers into the hair of my lover, the ocean.

Could somebody please translate this into words I understand?