• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This can be interpreted as condescending, as if the ENTPs are the link between Gods INTJs and Men.

Hahahhaa, what would that make ENTPs, half-mortal/half-INTJ?

:p

Have you not noticed that INTJs are just as arrogant as many of the outwardly aggressive (ENTJ, ESTP, ENTP, etc.) types? Many of them have extraordinarily high opinions of themselves, sometimes bordering on narcissism; they just don't usually see a good reason to tell everyone about it.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you not noticed that INTJs are just as arrogant as many of the outwardly aggressive (ENTJ, ESTP, ENTP, etc.) types? Many of them have extraordinarily high opinions of themselves, sometimes bordering on narcissism; they just don't usually see a good reason to tell everyone about it.

It isn't arrogance if one actually IS that good ...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
This new side of sim is making me feel all fuzzy inside.

Aww, have you recently fallen in lurrrve man?!?!

Something's different about you.

As if some pent up tension has been released.

:)

Or, perhaps, you are just in a chill mood.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes,, yes, yes, and yes.

It isn't arrogance if one actually IS that good ...
Oh, dear, I think this is my cue to leave.

:rolleyes:

Good night my megalomaniacal internet friends.

Many kisses and sweet lavendar dreams.

:smooch:

-SS

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Yeah, but it's easy for us to write off all the rest (and thus justify our narcissism):

- ENTJs are just dumber, more social INTJs.

- ESTJs are simple-minded sociopaths.

- And ENTPs, well, ENTPs are interesting. They're certainly above the other ones. They just lack the most important function of all.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This new side of sim is making me feel all fuzzy inside.

Aww, have you recently fallen in lurrrve man?!?!

Something's different about you.

As if some pent up tension has been released.

:)

Or, perhaps, you are just in a chill mood.

If I were INTJ I would recognize this as a probe for information and refuse to grant any more on the basis that it might not be strategically advantageous to give away more information than necessary.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Interesting. My father and younger brother are both INTJs, but I really have very little idea of what INTJs think of ENTPs in general, or of me. I have a few INTJ friends and they give so little feedback on anything (except on rare occasions where they are incredibly impressed or extremely irritated) that I often wonder what value they see in me or why they hang out with me or consider me a friend at all. It's simply never referenced or explained.

And yet they continue to make efforts to include me in their lives, so I guess I must be doing something right. I just never have any concrete idea of where I stand with them.

Sim, I could tell you all about it...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, but it's easy for us to write off all the rest (and thus justify our narcissism):

= you equate intelligence with Ni
= you overvalue Ni relative to other functions
= you don't recognize that multiple forms of intelligence exist
= your perceptions of the intelligence of other types is skewed by your bias toward Ni

Ironically this sort of unconscious bias as a result of built-in interpretation/taking one particular view of reality too seriously is precisely what Ni strives most to avoid. Poetic, no?

I guess opinions like this are part of the reason INTJs keep such a close watch on what information they reveal.

- And ENTPs, well, ENTPs are interesting. They're certainly above the other ones. They just lack the most important function of all.

Careful with the arbitrary assignments of value to each functional attitude there, buddy.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
= you equate intelligence with Ni
= you overvalue Ni relative to other functions
= you don't recognize that multiple forms of intelligence exist
= your perceptions of the intelligence of other types is skewed by your bias toward Ni

Ironically this sort of unconscious bias as a result of built-in interpretation/taking one particular view of reality too seriously is precisely what Ni strives most to avoid. Poetic, no?

I guess opinions like this are part of the reason INTJs keep such a close watch on what information they reveal.

Careful with the arbitrary assignments of value to each functional attitude there, buddy.

FWIW, Z is very much tongue-in-cheek, here. While we're clueless in matters of Fe, we are quite aware of what will start an argument with Te. ;)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Why did you write this?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FWIW, Z is very much tongue-in-cheek, here. While we're clueless in matters of Fe, we are quite aware of what will start an argument with Te. ;)

Man, anybody ever tell you INTJs they have no idea when you're joking and when you're not? There's a very good reason for that, you know.

Sim, I could tell you all about it...

Sure, let's hear it, but maybe let's move to wall posts before the whining about thread derailment has time to set in, hm?

Why did you write this?

It's tongue-in-cheek apparently, but it's a bad sign for the tongue and the cheek when even other INTJs can't tell it's satirical.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Man, anybody ever tell you INTJs they have no idea when you're joking and when you're not? There's a very good reason for that, you know.

Sure, let's hear it, but maybe let's move to wall posts before the whining about thread derailment has time to set in, hm?

Actually not true...it's very visible when INTJs are joking...ENTPs on the other hand..:ninja:

Hint: when talking about their arrogance, unless they go into detail and elaborate why they are so great, pull their serious and constipated face from the pole stuck up their ass, they tend to be joking (though still somewhat believing what they're saying ;))

It kinda works like SS's joke...grain of truth, but mostly very much meant tongue in cheek :devil:

/oil on fire.. :D

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yeah, we lack the Fe. Our humor is very much along the lines of saying something almost, but not quite, true.

The main clue is Z's initial sentence, about how easy it is to write off other types. As is often the case for INTJ-speak, all of the caveats that Ti/Fe demand are left unsaid. He isn't endorsing stereotypes of non-INTJs. Indeed, he is stereotyping how INTJs think.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

It's tongue-in-cheek apparently, but it's a bad sign for the tongue and the cheek when even other INTJs can't tell it's satirical.

Everything was going so well until this turned into the Simulated World show...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually not true...it's very visible when INTJs are joking...ENTPs on the other hand..:ninja:

I guess we should go with the Ni answer on this one and agree that this is entirely up to perspective, so there's not much point in arguing it.

Everything was going so well until this turned into the Simulated World show...

I can get you front row tickets, honey, only $55.95 a pop. That's a bargain.

btw, INTJs are offering some insight into how they think and evaluate the other Ne dom type, which seems pretty related to the OP's discussion of Ni's relationship with Ne. Or maybe my Ne is imagining relationships that aren't there.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Usually not. But we can tell.

And yes, we know. At some point though, we accept that not all others have access to Ni. (warning: the preceding sentence contained irony)

Sounds good, but another time. I'm now looking at three hours of sleep.

uumlau got it... :newwink: