• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought you didn't believe in functional analysis?

(ah jeez, I didn't really just open this can of worms, did I? If we're going to continue this, let's do it back on the proper thread)

lol what?

I wrote that post like a year ago just after joining the forum, and I didn't really understand how to apply the functions system yet. I don't agree with the position outlined in that post anymore.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
lol what?

I wrote that post like a year ago just after joining the forum, and I didn't really understand how to apply the functions system yet. I don't agree with the position outlined in that post anymore.

The first post of yours I ever read was "Personality Studies and Wishful Thinking (or Why Cognitive Functions are Bullshit)"

Never got through the whole thing (Ti eventually bores me), but I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that in it you write off functional analysis.

Maybe I was wrong...

EDIT: Just read your edit. Got it. Thought that might be the case, based off some more recent posts I've read. Good to hear. I won't have to tear you that new one I'd been contemplating doing. ;) Although, to be honest, with my Te playing devil's advocate, I came up with some pretty strong stuff -- was almost looking forward to the debate...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The first post of yours I ever read was "Personality Studies and Wishful Thinking (or Why Cognitive Functions are Bullshit)"

Never got through the whole thing (Ti eventually bores me), but I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that in it you write off functional analysis.

Maybe I was wrong...

Yup, I did, but later I read more about it and changed my mind about its usefulness. I used to not believe in it, but then I learned more and changed my position.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
sim, I've never seen this side of you!!!

Interesting, indeed!

:)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sim, I've never seen this side of you!!!

Interesting, indeed!

Wait, what? I've written well over 3,000 posts since that one in which I discuss all of the functions in great detail. I started using function theory like, over a year ago and the number of pro-function and function theory-oriented I've made since then far eclipses the number of posts I made before I changed my mind about it.

So, I guess you guys really don't read my posts at all. I'm kind of surprised anyone still thinks I ignore function theory. You'd really have to have been reading like literally zero of my posts for the last year to think that.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Wait, what? I've written well over 3,000 posts since that one in which I discuss all of the functions in great detail. I started using function theory like, over a year ago and the number of pro-function and function theory-oriented I've made since then far eclipses the number of posts I made before I changed my mind about it.

So, I guess you guys really don't read my posts at all. I'm kind of surprised anyone still thinks I ignore function theory. You'd really have to have been reading like literally zero of my posts for the last year to think that.

Well, I'm going to bed. Nite y'all!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Darling dearest, what I meant, was...

I have yet to come across you concede, or post in such a non-aggressive manner, (your funny posts aside, which actually are often t(a)inted with a bit of sarcastic meanness :p).

Granted, I've only read around 50 of your posts, or so, so who am I to judge.

But, I usually see, or rather read you ripping people's ideas/opinions/thoughts to shreds, that's all.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Darling dearest, what I meant, was...

I have yet to come across you concede, or post in such a non-aggressive manner, (your funny posts aside, which actually are often t(a)inted with a bit of sarcastic meanness :p).

Granted, I've only read around 50 of your posts, or so, so who am I to judge.

But, I usually see, or rather read you ripping people's ideas/opinions/thoughts to shreds, that's all.

It happens now and again. I'm just not usually wrong often enough to warrant it. :)

Told you, babe.

(Intelligent) INTJs are ENTPs' achilles heel.

:newwink:

Thus spake the INTJ!

I do have an awfully difficult time reading Ni doms. INFJs are easier because they seem to feel more inclined to explain themselves, and sharing the same judgment functions makes understanding a little easier. But sharing no preferred functions with INTJs makes them quite the enigma.

One INTJ friend told me: "We think about the same things; you just go about it all wrong."

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's about time I danced myself to sleep. Or dance in my sleep. Or something like that.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpgXT2n0YWg"].... something like that ...[/YOUTUBE]

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
One INTJ friend told me: "We think about the same things; you just go about it all wrong."

Ha! Exactly.

But, to be honest, we're probably your guys' greatest appreciators.

You make our thoughts feel understood by the masses, in a way that we apparently aren't very capable of.

EDIT: Or, better put, we not only appreciate you, but we actually GET you. That being said, you still go about it all wrong. :jew:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha! Exactly.

But, to be honest, we're probably your guys greatest appreciators.

You make our thoughts feel understood by the masses, in a way that we apparently aren't very capable of.

Interesting. My father and younger brother are both INTJs, but I really have very little idea of what INTJs think of ENTPs in general, or of me. I have a few INTJ friends and they give so little feedback on anything (except on rare occasions where they are incredibly impressed or extremely irritated) that I often wonder what value they see in me or why they hang out with me or consider me a friend at all. It's simply never referenced or explained.

And yet they continue to make efforts to include me in their lives, so I guess I must be doing something right. I just never have any concrete idea of where I stand with them.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ha! Exactly.

But, to be honest, we're probably your guys greatest appreciators.

EDIT: Or, better put, we not only appreciate you, but we actually GET you. That being said, you still go about it all wrong. :newwink:
This can be interpreted as condescending, as if the ENTPs are the link between Gods INTJs and Men.

Hahahhaa, what would that make ENTPs, half-mortal/half-INTJ?

:p

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
they give so little feedback on anything (except on rare occasions where they are incredibly impressed or extremely irritated) that I often wonder what value they see in me or why they hang out with me or consider me a friend at all. It's simply never referenced or explained.

And yet they continue to make efforts to include me in their lives, so I guess I must be doing something right. I just never have any concrete idea of where I stand with them.
Well put, I can totally relate.