• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine knows better by now. Taking something away from me or commenting on how I'm dealing with it is bound to get you yelled at and things flung at your head if i don't drop it all so you can sort it out yourself ( and I will start acting like a brat and make you do *everything* since I am apparently incompetent). He learned really quickly not to do that, though sometimes he cannot stop the comments from coming out :D

He also knows by now that if I feel like I'm fumbling, I'll pout at him to help me. And for some bizarre reason he loves playing 'Knight in shining armour'. Also, after he's done, I'll let him tease me at my fumbling and my clear need of a man. And all is well again ;)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, this is funny as I believe I posted on another thread-you can go find a rock in the gutter and give it to me as a gift and say "It reminded me of your eyes". I will treasure that rock forever....(or until Te kicks in and goes where the hell did this drawer full of rocks come from?)

A rock will last longer than a burrito.

Half a burrito seems to have some kind of currency though. Even if it's bought in a shop you can still say you made it yourself. It's not like they sell half a burrito. With a rock one can only say I picked it up. Burritos you can pick up too. But can you eat half a rock? No one can eat half a rock. Not unless they really love you.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, this is funny as I believe I posted on another thread-you can go find a rock in the gutter and give it to me as a gift and say "It reminded me of your eyes". I will treasure that rock forever....(or until Te kicks in and goes where the hell did this drawer full of rocks come from?)

Um...when I was kid my mom used to end up with a purse full of rocks:blush: Then some function kicks in and goes, why the hell is my purse so frickin heavy :D Of course Fi kicks in and dumps them in a drawer saying "I will keep it because I care, but I dont half to keep it in my purse" which Te comes back later and says "where the hell did this drawer full of rocks come from":D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
A rock will last longer than a burrito.

Half a burrito seems to have some kind of currency though. Even if it's bought in a shop you can still say you made it yourself. It's not like they sell half a burrito. With a rock one can only say I picked it up. Burritos you can pick up too. But can you eat half a rock? No one can eat half a rock. Not unless they really love you.

how about intjs fail to notice the symbolic meaning of a burrito easy because theres no long symbolic meaning in the burrito itself, but the symbolic meaning is in the giving you the burrito?

a rock that looks like your boobs has the meaning in the object itself, thats why those two things are totally different for intj. allso giving your girl or boyfriend half a burrito is just those kinda basic things to do, unlike giving him or her a rock that has your boobs. im stoned, but i think im making some sense. :thinking: i wonder how romantic a rock with your boyfriends man boobs would be :huh: :D . actually thinking about i dont think theres no doubt if its for a enfp girl :imaginerysmiliethatfitsherejustperfectly:

sculpting

how about intjs fail to notice the symbolic meaning of a burrito easy because theres no long symbolic meaning in the burrito itself, but the symbolic meaning is in the giving you the burrito?

a rock that looks like your boobs has the meaning in the object itself, thats why those two things are totally different for intj. allso giving your girl or boyfriend half a burrito is just those kinda basic things to do, unlike giving him or her a rock that has your boobs. im stoned, but i think im making some sense. :thinking: i wonder how romantic a rock with your boyfriends man boobs would be :huh: :D . actually thinking about i dont think theres no doubt if its for a enfp girl :imaginerysmiliethatfitsherejustperfectly:

I can only say...

This thread just gets better and better.

:popc1:

EDIT: Although it does illustrate that for an NTP to stumble into this thread they likely need to be under the influence.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My INTJ is making me a very happy bunny!!!

:yes:

He's beautiful inside and out.

And, thoughtful, so very thoightful.

We've been celebrating v-day, and he keeps on surprising me...

:wub:

And, I thought we were supposed to be the romantics!!!!

Ha!!!

You INTJs, you guys have :heart:s

And wubbie :heart:s at that!

Happy Valentine's Day my lovely friends!!!

Love and Peace.

-S.Sapienne

:smooch:

Last edited:

Fecal McAngry

My INTJ is making me a very happy bunny!!!

He's beautiful inside and out.

And, thoughtful, so very thoightful.

We've been celebrating v-day, and he keeps on surprising...

:wub:

And, I thought we were supposed to be the romantics!!!!

Ha!!!

You INTJs, you guys have :heart:s

And wubbie :heart:s at that!

Happy Valentine's Day my lovely friends!!!

Love and Peace.

-S.Sapienne

:smooch:

ENFP Vs. INTJ, from an email from an INTJ friend this evening:

Forgive me if you've seen this before- it's been around the world. -L

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary.....

8:00 am - Dog food! My favourite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favourite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favourite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favourite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favourite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favourite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favourite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favourite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favourite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favourite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favourite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary...

Day 983 of my captivity...

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now................

sculpting

Some quotes are worth searching for...

Oh I understand exactly what you are saying.

It's a common misconception that INTJs are always serious-cat-business types. INTJs actually enjoy being entertained, and ENFP's wacky, nonsensical antics are the perfect tool to keep INTJ from becoming a jaded, cynical wretch.

Having an ENFP girlfriend is like having a frisky pet.
A pet that you can have sex with without people thinking you are a fucked up deviant.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha, I remember getting that reply from Edgar, I loved it :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Having an ENFP girlfriend is like having a frisky pet.
True, but you do see how this can be interpreted as being a demeaning/condescending comment/belief/sentiment, right?

A pet that you can have sex with without people thinking you are a fucked up deviant.
Edgar, I'm gonna be real with you, sex with pets or no sex with pets. regardless, people most likely consider you to be a fucked up deviant.

You give off that vibe, y'know?

Like you have a 10 inch diameter ball of earwax in some musty box underneath your bed.

Like you jack off to the thought of Putin's erect nipples.

Like you spend 23 minutes a day stewing in your empty bathtub having thought-provoking discussions with your Shampoo and Loofah.

Like you're into autoerotic asphyxia while reading the editorials in The Economist.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
NTs objectify everything. Including themselves (if not particularly so). Even the ones who are entirely materialist in their view of consciousness still separate themselves from their corporeal body.

It's nothing to be offended about.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, but I would hope that they would, no, could, do more than just analyze and, in essence, shred every beautiful holistic entity into a billion infinite lifeless parts and pieces.

I don't know.

You focus too much on one tiny part, and you lose sight of the bigger picture.

Yes, for example, while making sexy time with your mate, you can think, vagina, nipple, wet, thrust, sweat, etc.

But what fun is that!?!??

The greatest "things" are the ineffable ones.

How can you objectify Love?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Regarding INTJ/ENFP relationships.

I think/theorize that the INTJ will in many ways take on an explicit, or more pronounced, Teacher role.

And, I suspect they slightly get off on that. ;)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, but I would hope that they would, no, could, do more than just analyze and, in essence, shred every beautiful holistic entity into a billion infinite lifeless parts and pieces.

I don't know.

Accusing an NT of losing sight of the "big picture"?! ;)

It isn't analyzing/shredding, really. It's simply the wrong perspective. Our default perspective works for most everything, without even analyzing.

Most everything except:
Yes, for example, while making sexy time with your mate, you can think, vagina, nipple, wet, thrust, sweat, etc.
^this.

Fortunately, once we get to this point, we're pretty clear that logical analysis is not the order of the day. :blush:

You'd think it'd be "effing" obvious, wouldn't you?

Um, ... unsuccessfully?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'll take a gaggle of giggles wherever I can find 'em.

Thanks.

:)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

What's to say that those pieces are lifeless? They have such potential.

I don't know.

But what's to say you truly see that picture without seeing its elements?

But what fun is that!?!??

The combinations, my dear. The reactions you create with the techniques you throw together. The knowledge that the person on the receiving end is engulfed in waves of pleasure. The satisfaction that you can give someone that sort of pleasure. The secret part of her body that no one but you knows will drive her wild.

You're telling me that's not fun?

Nah, they're just the ones we're limited in our observation of. The great "thing" is the whole interconnected universe, with a whole bunch of interesting parts that interact with one another. As we learn more about it, we integrate more fully into that structure.

It's like the people who conceive of humans as something separate from the Earth. I don't understand that perspective, seems rather immature to me.

The impulse humans have to maintain social bonds among themselves, including those associated with reproduction and the raising of children.

That may seem cold and abhorrently analytical to you, but that doesn't make it inherently so. Someone else might read that, and have a beautiful panoply of imagery form within their mind, as the implications of that statement are made manifest. We take the world in different ways.

You've heard of the concept of mathematical beauty, right? Such a thing may seem counterintuitive, but then again, what is music at its essence but a series of mathematical relationships, anyway? "Truth is beauty, beauty truth"; and then you have something like this:

Maxwell%20eqns%20low%20res.jpg

Seems like a bunch of letters on a page, right? However, the beauty of it comes from its simplicity, and the implications. What are they?

They couldn't be more profound. Simply put, if there is a god, when he said "let there be light", that's exactly how he said it.

There is unfathomable beauty in analysis.