• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
<------ is mean

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Champions make decisions. Technically, I suppose that makes them "meaner", less open-minded.
Damn straight.

Though it is difficult to discern at times, there is still a right and wrong.

If you are being cruel, we will call you out, if you make a mistake, we will sincerely hope that you will fess up to this fact.

I think we like living in a world of understanding and accountability.

Always strive to be true to yourself and others, period.

And, even though I've been called mean jokingly in my life, I am no meanie, nor would any ENFP be, in my opinion.

What's the point of being open-minded to the extent where you are devoid of any form of discrimination!?!??

To be open-minded to the extreme is to be an ignorant and potentially dangerous fool.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is a mean ENFP an budding ENTP?

No. A mean ENTP argues with Ti and manipulates with tertiary Fe. A mean ENFP goes all Te on your ass.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Is a mean ENFP an budding ENTP?

No, it is not that the ENFP is actually mean, but that the accuser of such is too sensitive and resentful of the ENFP delivering the honest truth as opposed to some fluffly more palatable mumbo-jumbo.

:yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That, and I secretly like murder.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have naively supposed the Champion role to end up being somewhat more specific--this cause or that, this group of people or another. A focus that precludes (perhaps temporarily) other adventuring.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No.

Within every group exists morons, geniuses, saints, and evil-doers.

To say I love such-and-such group seems seedy, in general, of course.

Supporting a cause seems better, but, meh, once again you have to deal with a certain level of dreaded beaurucracy which I, personally, am not too big a fan of.

Certain ideas, positions, ideologies and people in particular seem the worthiest "causes" to support or defend.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sounds diffuse.

One never ends up focusing one's energies? It's always better to find something new to love than one day to hunker down and make *this* hill the one you fight for?

The whole "this is a good day to die" thing springs to mind. ENFPs don't roll like that?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds diffuse.

One never ends up focusing one's energies? It's always better to find something new to love than one day to hunker down and make *this* hill the one you fight for?

The whole "this is a good day to die" thing springs to mind. ENFPs don't roll like that?

I do. I can focus my energies in an extreme way. Just not all of the time, it would exhaust me. Probably because my tertiary Te is inexorably tied to my more prominant Fi.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds diffuse.

Eh...

I think that there are multiple hills to fight one's life for.

Finding new passions is different than dedicating your life to several purposes, nameen?!?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It SOUNDS great... but we have two intuition dom types here. Who has actually experienced it and enjoyed it, rather than just sit around and think of the possibilities and how it would turn out?

This is just one of those things that sorta bothers me, the I__J and E__P pairings. It seems like they would conflict when it comes to lifestyles, and have majorly differing perspectives (which can be a bad and good thing), especially the ES_P and IS_J pairings.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It SOUNDS great... but we have two intuition dom types here. Who has actually experienced it and enjoyed it , rather than just sit around and think of the possibilities and how it would turn out?

Is this you being a self-righteous Sensor, hmm? ;)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The grand total of ENFPs I know moderately well IRL would be 4. Spending time with them is more involving than spending time with other people I know.

BUT...

Sensing is an issue.

Maybe not for them, but I know it is for me. It sits there as an un-activated part of the interaction, seems to me. Even when it's supposed to be activated, I somehow know better than to drag it out, for the lack of support it--I believe--will get. Naturally, this is all an "I believe" thing, a product of inferior anxiety, but still, there it is.

There is nothing much to be done about this other than to have my own sensing courage and cope with whatever happens.

(Woohoo, compromise, love it--not.)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this you being a self-righteous Sensor, hmm? ;)

lol yep. The "ideal" is swapping everything else besides S/N. I was at first like "okay cool." Then I met a few ESTJs and ENTJs and reviewed the ones that I know and it's like... no.

I'd say in reality that the IN_J and EN_P relationship thing would be pretty cool for a friendship; but I'm not so sure of how it would be romantically.

And also... almost every I__J I've met has shown somewhat of a disinterest in the E__P types. Not naturally attracted etc. They were more attracted to other Js or other Is. This is just based on observation of course.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You people are so negative.