User Tag List

First 44849293949596104 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Are you trying to imply that we're assholes because we don't play that way or respond as the INTJs would have us respond? From my perspective, the "asshole" thing to do is to make such disparaging comments in the first place. Even still, I didn't particularly judge her very harshly at all--I just left her alone.

I don't like playing that way. I chose not to do it. That was most of my point.
    Q was talking about the outlandish stories, you're talking about something else, something about different ways of managing the physical world and whatever over-compensation the various people used. The asshole could be anyone in that story, maybe the DJ.

*sigh* No one's an asshole. Our Difts Giffer.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Q was talking about the outlandish stories, you're talking about something else, something about different ways of managing the physical world and whatever over-compensation the various people used. The asshole could be anyone in that story, maybe the DJ.

*sigh* Your a pretty fart smeller
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ

LOL

(But it took me a minute. Hassole)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Bullshit, I think there are scenarios/circumstances where one can say, with utmost confidence, that person x, y, or z was, in fact, being a complete asshole.

It's called accountability.

Sometimes, I make mistakes, when in a bad mood, or oblivious, and guess what, sometimes I hurt people, and when that becomes clear to me, I OWN UP TO MY WRONG-DOINGS, AND APOLOGIZE.

Ugh, there is NOTHING WORSE, than someone who REFUSES to ACCEPT ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!

Nothing.

:rolli:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

If you're talking about what Q is talking about, then you're both assholes.
    Pretty much, I'm trying to out-asshole the INTJ, at that point, though - for entertainment. He set the level of assholishness, I'm gonna one-up that....for fun. He wants reactions from me, I'm going to turn it on its head and make him the reactionary.

Telling outlandish stories deadpan is for entertainment. It is, I will hazard to speak for all INTJs, almost never merely an outlandish story, rather it will be a gigantic perspective shift that has at its core something that is still true.
    That's the formula for pretty much all jokes, the hint of truth masked in other layers. That doesn't mean I should give the joke only serious consideration (I see beyond the dead-pan); it would be disrespectful to the joke. And, we can't have that. No, sir.

Seems to me it's only vetting in the sense of "Do you play like I play?"
    The other can play any way they like, but, shouldn't expect me to therefore, play by their rules, or they cry about it, when I don't. My mode of playing is, if they're trying to make the joke on me, I'm going to turn it, to be a joke on them.

joke for JOKE.

Don't get all hurt feelings over it, you started it. And, I'm gonna finish it.

(there's a place for jokes, and serious conversations....knowing the difference is key. When it's "joking time" - all bets are off.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Bullshit, I think there are scenarios/circumstances where one can say, with utmost confidence, that person x, y, or z was, in fact, being a complete asshole.

It's called accountability.

Sometimes, I make mistakes, when in a bad mood, or oblivious, and guess what, sometimes I hurt people, and when that becomes clear to me, I OWN UP TO MY WRONG-DOINGS, AND APOLOGIZE.

Ugh, there is NOTHING WORSE, than someone who REFUSES to ACCEPT ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!

Nothing.

:rolli:
    Agreed. There's a difference between people of two different MBTI types having a misunderstanding due to different ways of processing the same info, and ubiquitous immaturity on either party's part.

The useful part of MBTI is that you can resolve a misunderstanding, but it still won't help much for getting along with real jerks.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Are you trying to imply that we're assholes because we don't play that way or respond as the INTJs would have us respond? From my perspective, the "asshole" thing to do is to make such disparaging comments in the first place. Even still, I didn't particularly judge her very harshly at all--I just left her alone.

I don't like playing that way. I chose not to do it. That was most of my point.
    Being an asshole can be funny (as long as its funny). I actually prefer someone with a dark sense of humor. If you can't play around that way, then you're right to stay away from someone like that, because they'll just hurt your feelings and you'll irritate them by not getting their jokes, and possibly even hurt their feelings by striking back too harshly.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Being an asshole can be funny (as long as its funny). I actually prefer someone with a dark sense of humor. If you can't play around that way, then you're right to stay away from someone like that, because they'll just hurt your feelings and you'll irritate them by not getting their jokes, and possibly even hurt their feelings by striking back too harshly.
    Being an asshole works when the other person knows that thats not how you really are. Now if you joke in a way you are then it can get extremely confusing. So if you really are an asshole, you are gonna have a hard time playing an asshole as a joke. Your better off playing sweet, because you will then really throw people off.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Can I get cliff notes?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Can I get cliff notes?
    Fight...Argue...Fight...Argue...Sucker Punch...Jokes...Derail...Jokes....Fight....Tension ....Argue....Jokes

edit: oh were you wondering about the ENFP-INTJ thing? I got hung up on the NFP-ENTP thing.
    Im out, its been fun