User Tag List

First 43839192939495103 Last

garbage

The other night, I asked this girl if she wanted to dance, and she accepted.

Now, the nature of this dance is that someone "calls out" the moves that we're going to do, often in real time. And I'm pretty new to this particular form of dance.

She asked me if I could handle it. She rolled her eyes at me every time I screwed up. She told me that the terminology and phrasing I used in my dance-related suggestions were "weird."

She also told me to stop smirking. I mean, I can't help but have a little natural smile, and it had nothing to do with her--it's like my default facial expression! :steam:

From her overall demeanor, I'm virtually positive that that was her way of flirting--something along the lines of playful teasing. I dunno, I could just sort of tell what she was going for. Regardless, she poured it on way, way too thick.

I didn't feel like I should ask her out; I felt like I should knock her down a peg or two.

I could tell the difference between someone who was trying to correct my technique--which did happen, of course--and that.

Suffice it to say, I didn't ask her to dance again.

And that's my story.

^ My INTJ ex flirted through playful insults and telling of unlikely stories. Delivered in stoic dead-pan format, just to watch the other's reaction and falling for such lines.

I would usually respond with no reaction, just seeming acceptance of the bull he was trying to feed, yet, take it up a notch more, and give it "actual serious consideration" by rationalizing the position even further.

To his utter horror.

And, then I could say, "gotcha! Joke's on you, bud."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    I didn't feel like I should ask her out; I felt like I should knock her down a peg or two.
    Knocking them down means a game of taking it to more extreme than they chose to do.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    ^ My INTJ ex flirted through playful insults and telling of unlikely stories. Delivered in stoic dead-pan format, just to watch the other's reaction and falling for such lines.

I would usually respond with no reaction, just seeming acceptance of the bull he was trying to feed, yet, take it up a notch more, and give it "actual serious consideration" by rationalizing the position even further.

To his utter horror.

Knocking them down means a game of taking it to more extreme than they chose to do.
    "What, it was your suggestion"

MBTI
    STP

The other night, I asked this girl if she wanted to dance, and she accepted.

Now, the nature of this dance is that someone "calls out" the moves that we're going to do, often in real time. And I'm pretty new to this particular form of dance.

She asked me if I could handle it. She rolled her eyes at me every time I screwed up. She told me that the terminology and phrasing I used in my dance-related suggestions were "weird."

She also told me to stop smirking. I mean, I can't help but have a little natural smile, and it had nothing to do with her--it's like my default facial expression! :steam:

From her overall demeanor, I'm virtually positive that that was her way of flirting--something along the lines of playful teasing. I dunno, I could just sort of tell what she was going for. Regardless, she poured it on way, way too thick.

I could tell the difference between someone who was trying to correct my technique--which did happen, of course--and that.

Suffice it to say, I didn't ask her to dance again.

And that's my story.

So did you have problems determining your right from left when she said "you put your right foot in, you pull your right foot out..."
    Im out, its been fun

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

To his utter horror.

Haha, awesome.

I understand that a large part of that mindset is a test. A 'vetting' of sorts.

I would have failed if I had 'tried too hard' to prove her wrong, to convince her that I was actually good with this kind of dance.

I couldn't tell exactly, but I think it slightly screwed with her that I was nonchalant about the whole thing. I kept doing exactly what I was doing, smirking and all.

You're exactly right. That's why I chose not to be 'mean' in any way. I mean, I knew what she was going for, even if it wouldn't be how I'd communicate.

I couldn't help but be negatively affected by it.. but that didn't mean that I had to fly off the handle or get back at her.

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    So did you have problems determining your right from left when she said "you put your right foot in, you pull your right foot out..."
    this is a stereotype about iNtuitives' lack of coordination and I won't have any of it

MBTI
    INTJ

Haha, awesome.

I understand that a large part of that mindset is a test. A 'vetting' of sorts.
    If you're talking about what Q is talking about, then you're both assholes.

Telling outlandish stories deadpan is for entertainment. It is, I will hazard to speak for all INTJs, almost never merely an outlandish story, rather it will be a gigantic perspective shift that has at its core something that is still true.

Seems to me it's only vetting in the sense of "Do you play like I play?"
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Deleted b/c people can't handle the "truth" (whatever that is, of course).
    Last edited by Mr.Time; 02-24-2010 at 02:41 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    LOL. How can u expect that? Now I don't mean to be rude, but I am going to say it like it is. INTJs (statistically speaking) are intellectually superior to ENFPs. Now we can go into the definition of "intellect" here, but both in the traditional definition of classroom performance and in the definition of (worldly) strategical superiority, INTJs are superior. You want us pretend that you are our equals in these arenas?

In my opinion, all of the problems in the INTJ-ENFP relationship stem from an ENFPs inablility to stop lying (and exaggerating, which in my opinion is the same as lying).
    An an intellectually superior INTJ, you wouldn't seriously cast aspersions based on type, would you?

I think you might be exaggerating.

LOL. How can u expect that? Now I don't mean to be rude, but I am going to say it like it is. INTJs (statistically speaking) are intellectually superior to ENFPs.
    Now I don't mean to be rude, but I am going to say it like it is: you're a retard.
    Strictly statistically speaking, of course.

ETA: Oh wait, you're the guy who got pwned by that ENFP chick, right? Get over your Weltschmerz, comforting yourself won't help a thing.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    If you're talking about what Q is talking about, then you're both assholes.

Telling outlandish stories deadpan is for entertainment. It is, I will hazard to speak for all INTJs, almost never merely an outlandish story, rather it will be a gigantic perspective shift that has at its core something that is still true.

Seems to me it's only vetting in the sense of "Do you play like I play?"
    Are you trying to imply that we're assholes because we don't play that way or respond as the INTJs would have us respond? From my perspective, the "asshole" thing to do is to make such disparaging comments in the first place. Even still, I didn't particularly judge her very harshly at all--I just left her alone.

I don't like playing that way. I chose not to do it. That was most of my point.

LOL. How can u expect that? Now I don't mean to be rude, but I am going to say it like it is. INTJs (statistically speaking) are intellectually superior to ENFPs. Now we can go into the definition of "intellect" here, but both in the traditional definition of classroom performance and in the definition of (worldly) strategical superiority, INTJs are superior. You want us pretend that you are our equals in these arenas?

In my opinion, all of the problems in the INTJ-ENFP relationship stem from an ENFPs inablility to stop lying (and exaggerating, which in my opinion is the same as lying).
    So should I make the point that I want to make here by refuting your terrible logic or correcting your terrible spelling and grammar?