First 78910111959109 Last

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Which is why you complement it with mutual Te commitment and intellectual interaction. Dont be a quitter! ENFPs are flighty and absent minded, but you just need to bluntly remind them you are there and we will hold onto you as our foundation and drag you out into the world-just a bit.

Tremendous patience on the INTJís part is often essential, thatís a given.

Another thing to consider is that ENFPs want to be everyoneís best friend. This can be a plus if it gives the INTJ the requisite private time, but a negative if the ENFP constantly tries to drag the INTJ along to parties and social scenes.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the caseóthen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. ĖThomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    ^ I wonder if this is not the merciless inferior.

The total connection comes when both partners are up-ended. They've worked their way down through the functions, the IXTJ engaging Fi, the EXFP engaging Te, and then what? The inferior. If it were INTJ, he'd activate Se; but if it were ISTJ, he'd activate Ne, and speak directly to the ENFP's dominant function, and the connection is complete... for when the ISTJ takes the role of the Ne user, the ENFP can take the role of the Si user. The whole person is engaged. The meaning (found in Ne) of all that has been done (found in Si) is shared.

Whereas the INTJ would say, let's go dancing.
    Um, dude, if you're trying to say ISTJ would be a better match, I think I'm gonna have to laugh right about now.

Who said ENFPs don't like to dance?

MBTI
    INTJ

Always passionately seeking meaning, eventually the ENFP looks to the one realm she could so often do without seeing into... *drumroll* *picture goes hazy*

...the PAST!!!

*zish boom*

It becomes more frequent and competent a search as the ENFP ages. And the INTJ buys a sports car.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

ps. the reason ENFPs don't believe things like that ^^^: because...

...it's Ni.

Technically it's Ni focused by Te. But still, it's not a real story (Si) of real people (Si) with real details (Si) they can start seeing (Ne) the meaning (Ne) of.

People underestimate just how ISTJ-stubborn ENFPs can be. And they always underestimate the lack of attachment INTJs have to the past.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

...it's Ni.

Technically it's Ni focused by Te. But still, it's not a real story (Si) of real people (Si) with real details (Si) they can start seeing (Ne) the meaning (Ne) of.

People underestimate just how ISTJ-stubborn ENFPs can be. And they always underestimate the lack of attachment INTJs have to the past.
    I admit to being STJ stubborn, and occasionally - when pressed - downright steam roller.

The same problem would occur with Se dom/aux, Ni tert/inf. SPs, though, and I like them too.

So I'm screwed either way. I don't even consider SJs as an option for romance.

Besides, I think relying on function order to this insane degree is more than a bit silly.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    All Iím gonna say is that ENFPs take a long time for any type to recover from. And INTJs, more than most, are simply not wired to handle them.
    Recover from?!!?

Yeahno, as if we're some kind of devastating tornado... hold on to your humble abodes, guys!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Tremendous patience on the INTJís part is often essential, thatís a given.

Another thing to consider is that ENFPs want to be everyoneís best friend. This can be a plus if it gives the INTJ the requisite private time, but a negative if the ENFP constantly tries to drag the INTJ along to parties and social scenes.
    1.) Any, or at least most romantic relationships require both parties to exercise a buttload of patience, period.

2.) ENFPs do not want to be everybody's best friend, rather, we enjoy truly connecting with others, strangers and lovers alike, and it is this spontaneous yet continuous connection, free of any pretense or pretext, for which we strive.

3.) The mere thought of dragging anyone to any event against their will or wishes leaves a bitter taste in my soul.

4.) We are fine going to parties and these "social scenes" (wait, what the fuck is a social scene, and do we really take part in these things?!?), ALONE, or with a person who actually wants to go.

5.) In general, I think you will find that most, or at least many ENFPs, are actually quite comfortable being alone, or in the company of +1, (in fact, many of us have expressed our preference of one-on-one contact/communication).

6.) As popular, and people-loving we might be, we are not these social butterflies that flit and flutter here, there, and everywhere, at least not usually. :P
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

...it's Ni.

You probably think INTJ + ESFP is a good match, too.

If so, you are gravely mistaken, my friend. Thatís even worse than ENFP + ISTJ. To ESPs, who dominate our culture, itís all about whatís right in front of them at the moment; they usually have the attention span of houseflies. From the INTJ point of view, ESFPs are the bimbos of the mbti, and ENFPs are the femme fatales. ENFPs are enchanting and seductive, but deadly. ESFPs, on the other hand, become shallow, boring pains in the asses very quickly.

From the ESFP point of view, however, the INTJ is the bore, because a person sitting still for more than five seconds and having mental wanderings doesnít compute to ESFPs. Thereís no discussion of ideas with ESFPs. I donít mean to stereotype, but frankly, Iíve seen few if any exceptions. Iíd much rather be with someone my own type, if given a choice between that and a complete opposite. Typology books that encourage opposite matches are leading people far astray, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    1.) Any, or at least most romantic relationships require both parties to exercise a buttload of patience, period.

2.) ENFPs do not want to be everybody's best friend, rather, we enjoy truly connecting with others, strangers and lovers alike, and it is this spontaneous yet continuous connection, free of any pretense or pretext, for which we strive.

3.) The mere thought of dragging anyone to any event against their will or wishes leaves a bitter taste in my soul.

4.) We are fine going to parties and these "social scenes" (wait, what the fuck is a social scene, and do we really take part in these things?!?), ALONE, or with a person who actually wants to go.

5.) In general, I think you will find that most, or at least many ENFPs, are actually quite comfortable being alone, or in the company of +1, (in fact, many of us have expressed our preference of one-on-one contact/communication).

6.) As popular, and people-loving we might be, we are not these social butterflies that flit and flutter here, there, and everywhere, at least not usually. :P
    Thanks for setting me straight about all that, cupcake. I always enjoy a little mind-expansion.

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the caseóthen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. ĖThomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks for setting me straight about all that, cupcake. I always enjoy a little mind-expansion.
    I am neither a cup nor a cake, sweet cheeks, comprende?

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I am neither a cup nor a cake, sweet cheeks, comprende?

But you are sweet.