User Tag List

First 3878868788899098 Last

Results 871 to 880 of 1370

  1. #871
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Why wasn't this thread graveyarded like 45 pages ago?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #872
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Why wasn't this thread graveyarded like 45 pages ago?
    Why does it matter?
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #873
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,660

    Default

    Coz the mods were amused by it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #874
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Why wasn't this thread graveyarded like 45 pages ago?
    Because you touch yourself at night thinking about ENFPs

  5. #875
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Because you touch yourself at night thinking about ENFPs


    All NFPs, really, in his case.

  6. #876
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yes. At that point, the internal struggle and the external one are so intertwined as to have no meaningful distinction between one another. Perception is so heavily distorted that in essence, that becomes their reality, separate from what we objectively agree upon.

    Simply because it's delusional, doesn't mean for that person, it's not true. Otherwise, we wouldn't have billion-person religions.
    But what if you could see the distinction in others, recognize it, and know you cant do crap about it. You could see this subjective internal vs objective external. Both of these combine to create concrete reality of what is. How would you learn to deal with that? You learn to accept everything because you know fighting it would be insanity. You then realize all you have left is to understand how to work with it.
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #877
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    But what if you could see the distinction in others, recognize it, and know you cant do crap about it. You could see this subjective internal vs objective external. Both of these combine to create concrete reality of what is. How would you learn to deal with that? You learn to accept everything because you know fighting it would be insanity. You then realize all you have left is to understand how to work with it.
    As far as that other person is concerned, you might not actually exist. How do you deal with that? The distinction between internal struggle and external struggle isn't meaningful. As you say, both happen simultaneously.

  8. #878
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    As far as that other person is concerned, you might not actually exist. How do you deal with that? The distinction between internal struggle and external struggle isn't meaningful. As you say, both happen simultaneously.
    You understand that you are rationalizing their existance. Its something you have convinced yourself. This is an internal struggle you faced and you rationalized it and whether you want to believe it or not has turned external out on the world. But your refusal to accept the existance also affects the fact of you caring how you turn it out into the world because "the world doesnt exist". You "act" as if they did exist. What would you do if you thought they existed. This vision of not actually existing is reality if its true within yourself, I can do the same thing, but personally have never taken it into the form of existance.
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #879
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    You understand that you are rationalizing their existance. Its something you have convinced yourself. This is an internal struggle you faced and you rationalized it and whether you want to believe it or not has turned external out on the world. But your refusal to accept the existance also affects the fact of you caring how you turn it out into the world because "the world doesnt exist". You "act" as if they did exist. What would you do if you thought they existed. This vision of not actually existing is reality if its true within yourself, I can do the same thing, but personally have never taken it into the form of existance.
    Am I rationalizing their existence, or am I holding it to be true as a working model for the external stimuli associated with what I perceive to be that person? Or perhaps is it neither, and that free will is an illusion, and that my conceptualization of others' existence arises simply of its own accord, without any volition?

  10. #880
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Am I rationalizing their existence, or am I holding it to be true as a working model for the external stimuli associated with what I perceive to be that person? Or perhaps is it neither, and that free will is an illusion, and that my conceptualization of others' existence arises simply of its own accord, without any volition?
    If you dont accept it as a rationalization, then realize you are blind to the world as you dont believe what you see. Still an internal struggle as your refusing to accept what your eyes pull in and how can you be a perceptive type if you are blind to the world.
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ Relationship
    By freeeekyyy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
  2. [ENFP] A question for ENFPs and for people who love them.
    By hazelsees in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ=Perceptive Train wreck o' love?
    By stormyapril in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 05:11 AM
  4. [MBTItm] enfp intj marriage
    By saffron in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO