• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Question,

Do you gals experience happy emo-ness as well, don't get me wrong, I have my dark, stay-the-fuck-away-from-me-as-I-drown-in-the-void kind of emo, but I also get in these dare I say, manic, life is so fucking rad, and beautiful and awe-inspiring moods where nothing can get me down because life is too special to sweat the small stuff, and everything makes sense, and I just want to dance with the harmony until daddy takes the t-bird awaaaaay!

kk, I'm done.

:)

Yes! Happy emo = Romanticism...and of course, I mean Romanticism in the artistic and philosophical sense of the word, not just as related to luurrve. Most def. For example, I get in these moods where I'll go outside and bond with nature, and it feels almost spiritual to me.

sculpting

Regarding people, especially, I use the storehouse of information provided by my past collection of experiences to ascertain why people are acting the way they are, asking myself, "where have I seen this before, I know this tension, I know that sigh," and within milliseconds the present moment becomes a mere iteration of the past, another manifestation of a "life-byte".

Also, like m.sunrise, I am one ridiculously nostalgic mofo!!!

I love remembering and honoring the beautiful things, both painful and joyful, that I've been blessed to experience in my life.

I dunno, I just can't help myself.

:cry:

the people analysis-yes-but it is almost subconscious. Very visceral, very automatic-this could be my Fi being so very unrefined and undeveloped compared to you guys. I dont link it to any particular past moment-it just emerges as knowledge-data to feed to Te.

Question,

Do you gals experience happy emo-ness as well, don't get me wrong, I have my dark, stay-the-fuck-away-from-me-as-I-drown-in-the-void kind of emo, but I also get in these dare I say, manic, life is so fucking rad, and beautiful and awe-inspiring moods where nothing can get me down because life is too special to sweat the small stuff, and everything makes sense, and I just want to dance with the harmony until daddy takes the t-bird awaaaaay!

kk, I'm done.

These dont last all day-but a sense of glowing warmness, goodness, gentleness, those do happen. Sometimes I feel like I could become part of the clouds , merge into the patterns of the tress, the ocean and so on. Ne loves patterns I think.

I will have days where Fi flows out of me and spills into those around me. I want to hold them, love them, treasure them, fill them with this overflow of love. Typically I convert it into a sense of protective rightousness as I have found incinerating emo love isnt always welcome.

Actually a question-once you find a single person to form an Fi connection to, do you find that you become less eager to Fi connect to everyone around you? Ie once you fall in love, the other people's opinions matter a bit less?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
These dont last all day-but a sense of glowing warmness, goodness, gentleness, those do happen. Sometimes I feel like I could become part of the clouds , merge into the patterns of the tress, the ocean and so on. Ne loves patterns I think.

I will have days where Fi flows out of me and spills into those around me. I want to hold them, love them, treasure them, fill them with this overflow of love. Typically I convert it into a sense of protective rightousness as I have found incinerating emo love isnt always welcome.

Actually a question-once you find a single person to form an Fi connection to, do you find that you become less eager to Fi connect to everyone around you? Ie once you fall in love, the other people's opinions matter a bit less?
Hmm, I've been quite blessed, I think, to have a select few resources/people to check in with when I need someone to understand/get that which my Fi knows.

I don't and can't expect many people on a daily basis to just get it, you know?

There is a definite wisdom to Fi and it's a wisdom that is decidedly lacking in everyday society.

When I watch a particular film or read someone's words that display a knowledge and understanding that reflects my personal core values, they're not even personal values, they're Life values, I get an Fi-recharge that can last me through weeks, so maybe that's what you're getting at?

When my Fi is recharged I can wade through day to day bullshit knowing that I'm going the right way, but the second I lose an Fi connection I do feel frightfully lost.

I think my Fi needs to be present and connected on a constant basis, after all, it is my anchor.

Sorry, Happy Puppy, did I answer your question?!!?

Oh, and patterns....

:drool:

:wub:

:heart:

:drool:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
For what its worth, I relate to all the stuff you ENFP wimmins are sayin. :yes:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Something happens.

Then:

Ne blossoms.

Insights, implications, possibilities, hopes, dreams balloon out of the event and they could be great!

Fi chooses *ONE* to support.

Te cobbles together a way for the dream to come true. And...

Si announces the presence or absence of familiar means.

I said before that Te is about things to do, but that's Te with an Se flavour. There's an in-the-moment performance solutions feel. But Te with an Si flavour... how things should be done? Standing regs, known effective procedures, accepted rules from trusted authorities. Si-flavoured Te still moves from observed conditions to statements of natural order, like "Well, that means this thing is wrong and that object is out of place and this process is flawed and it can all be fixed by XYZ" but uses relatively more conservative procedural rules.

Inferior Si anxiety then is ... doubting that anything can work because no one will support these procedures that I know will have a good result, dammit! Won't you just do it my way? Other ways could hurt or, holy crap, even fail, we just don't know, oh my god, please just follow the way that I know is good!

It's only, or perhaps only most, significant when feeling has been definitive on what is the good choice. Feeling after all will have been harking back to Si anyway in helping to make the decision of good over bad so the known Si tools are already privileged.

So anxiety is more pronounced when the values at stake are the more cared for.

Say it ain't so!

sculpting

Something happens.

Then:

Ne blossoms.

Insights, implications, possibilities, hopes, dreams balloon out of the event and they could be great!

Fi chooses *ONE* to support.

Te cobbles together a way for the dream to come true. And...

Si announces the presence or absence of familiar means.

I said before that Te is about things to do, but that's Te with an Se flavour. There's an in-the-moment performance solutions feel. But Te with an Si flavour... how things should be done? Standing regs, known effective procedures, accepted rules from trusted authorities. Si-flavoured Te still moves from observed conditions to statements of natural order, like "Well, that means this thing is wrong and that object is out of place and this process is flawed and it can all be fixed by XYZ" but uses relatively more conservative procedural rules.

Inferior Si anxiety then is ... doubting that anything can work because no one will support these procedures that I know will have a good result, dammit! Won't you just do it my way? Other ways could hurt or, holy crap, even fail, we just don't know, oh my god, please just follow the way that I know is good!

It's only, or perhaps only most, significant when feeling has been definitive on what is the good choice. Feeling after all will have been harking back to Si anyway in helping to make the decision of good over bad so the known Si tools are already privileged.

So anxiety is more pronounced when the values at stake are the more cared for.

Say it ain't so!

First I would like to announce this thread may be a good example of Ni at work? Because I believe K may have looked at this particular topic-the thing he is picking apart-at least from 47,000 different angles...

"but just one more time....but from this perspective" :) I feel like a clubbed baby seal covered in rainbow unicorn vomit. I say K cares but it may just be an INTJ need to fully dissect the creatures under study.

and yes, you may be getting quite close to what I recognize as inferior Si anxiety-however read what the others said as my Si is very heavily Te tainted without the same emo Fi grounding.

For me this sense of order and rightness is only seen at work and only when I can sense that by not following the "known" way of doing things we are about to induce massive stress and anxiety upon all of my ISTJs-an Fi pain point.

This typically happens when the EXTPs get a good idea and implement a massive change which train wrecks all strategic (Te) plans already laid out. This happened on Friday, and I one of my favorite ENTPs may still be feeling the sting of my verbal rant. Why not change corporate strategy and project timelines and deliverables every Thursday? Meh, that old stuff was bring anyways...

What did ENTPs do with Si? (That's how Ne would analyze the problem-make connections to external understood observable patterns, then back correlate to internal observables and try and find the same pattern)

sculpting

also-I forgot to add two more INTJ pairings:

INTJ male-45 with ESFP around 45. He is an executive and she a member of a very influential family. She is really glittery.

INTJ male-65 has been married three times. His first wife and he divorced, his second passed away, his third is an EXFP-she is very, very sweet.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Didn't read the whole thread but I just wanted to say that ENFP and INTJ is one of the best combos out there. Just like ESFP+ISTJ.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
But wait, there's more:

We are all aware I suppose that Si is personal? It is built on your physical experience. It's a way of processing physical information that draws out the essence of the thing experienced and creates an archetype. An archetype that YOU create. So the actual content of your physical library will vary from person to person. But it does serve together with judgment functions to indicate what physical sensations, objects and processes are good and which are bad. It's your experienced summed into a canon of what is.

So, if one where using Si to inform Te, one would be doing something legitimate and appropriate. You got that Si content for yourself, you know it's real. And if you're using it to inform Fi, same deal. And if the whole schmear is running under a curious and inquisitive Ne, that Si is likely to have had considerable chances to build itself up into a considerable reference tool.

Or has it? *Dun dadadun dunnn... DUNNNNN!*

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
^ nice song.

[youtube=bXyyTKGGWtM]i might be wrong[/youtube]
Thom Yorke's INXJ, yeah? Check out 3:36 for the real nutcase face of inferior Se.

SongOwl

Just Jumping in here.

I know that the INTJ is the suggested "natural partner" for the ENFP, but I can't stand EVERY INTJ I have ever met. I realize that's a hugely mean thing to say (I'm sorry!), but I have yet to be introduced to an INTJ that I liked.
They are vindictive, cold, insensitive, and mooch without so much as a thanks.
I know this most likely isn't true for all INTJ's, but what could be the reason behind these particularly annoying INTJs?
I personally am drawn more towards the INFJ (Albeit, in a much more family-oriented way. My almost-brother friend and my father <3). They tend to be more sensitive and understanding toward the ENFP's natural drama, but also need us to coddle them a little and coax them out of their natural moody shell. Definitely one of my favorite types.
What are your experiences with the INTJ and/or the INFJ, my fellow ENFPs?

I was googling for something else regarding ENFPs and came across this thread, and I see that it has gone on for some time, and I haven't bothered to read all of the responses. However, I thought I would add my two cents, since I believe I have a very helpful perspective.

I am an ENFP if there ever was one. So much so that when my family found the test and we all took it, I was the joke of the year for finally being pegged! Whenever anyone reads the description of ENFPs they remark that it is my biography. I do not straddle any other personality types and am a CHAMPION through and through.
I am also engaged to an INTJ, my wonderful Mastermind, and we are the truest testament to the perfect match that these two personality types make. We had dated almost two years before we both took this test and saw that our personality types were suggested as good mates, and it was no surprise. Everyone in our lives refers to us as "the ideal couple." But regardless of what anyone outside our relationship says, I can personally testify that he is my ideal match in every way.

The best thing about the ENFP/INTJ match up is the balancing element. I am enigmatic, talkative, intellectually adventurous and probing and passionate to a fault. I am also really fun and silly at times. Joe Butt's article on ENFPs says the following: "ENFPs have what some call a “silly switch.” They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the “switch” is flipped." This is so true of me, and my fiance LOVES this about me. He is serious and meticulous and calculating, but in a one-on-one environment, his softer, sweeter and own youthful nature comes out and I really bring this out in him. He definitely credits me with keeping him young.
In turn, he is my ROCK. I get very stressed out about money issues or things that require me to sit down and do accounting/budgeting/scheduling in an exacting nature and he calmly and gently guides me through these things and is effortlessly giving of time and resources. Essentially, he fuels my flight. I wouldn't have the freedom and support to be the soaring, busy, moving, achieving person I am without him.

What I really want to comment on in regard to your concern is that I wonder if you have all the personality types down correctly. I am not trying to be presumptuous, but what you described above is NOT an INTJ. "They are vindictive, cold, insensitive, and mooch without so much as a thanks." Every count here is wrong, to me. My fiance, and this is characteristic of other INTJs from my reading, couldn't hold a grudge or be vindictive if he TRIED. Now, what he DOES believe in is justice. Fairness. Things ought to be equitable and people ought to be accountable. But he holds far fewer grudges than even I do! Secondly, INTJs only appear cold to those who don't know them. They see no value in shallow relationships with those they don't care for or don't have much in common with. When you get to know them, they are inextricably warm. My fiance is the warmest, kindest person I know, but VERY hard to get to know. My best friend thought he didn't like her for a good long while, which wasn't true at all! He is just a little shy at first, and spent a long time just listening to her to get to know her (another ENFP) before he offered a lot of his own opinions. INTJs are good listeners. But not cold. And never selfish or insensitive. As for mooching, this is what most convinces me that the people you know are NOT really INTJs. INTJs are FIERCELY independent! Mooching is much more of an artisan quality (I love artisans, too! This is not a dis!) My fiance wouldn't take from ANYONE. He offered my family at the outset of our engagement to pay for the entire wedding, and gratefully accepted whatever involvement my family wanted to have, but expected nothing. Autonomy is essential to an INTJs sense of self-worth. I don't think these people you have met are really INTJs.

Remember that INTJs are one of the RAREST of all personality types. Maybe one to two percent of the population. I'd venture you haven't actually met one yet, and when you do, you'll know it.

SongOwl

Go find one!!!

I want one. :heart:

Just for scientific purposes to prove you nay-sayers wrong, of course... :coffee:

Go find one!
Seriously, I think you would find an INTJ and finally feel at home for the first time in your life! That was my experience!!!

Seriously, as an ENFP, I can't explain how everyone here is so hateful of INTJs except by assuming that they have either never actually met one or have only met examples who are really emotionally unhealthy!

My fiance and I want to come up with a theory about how the different types are affected by dysfunction. Anyone who is maladjusted and emotionally unhealthy and unaware can give you a BAD experience, regardless of type. And I am starting to wonder, as I read more of the posts in this thread, if a lot of the so-called ENFPs on here are really ENFPs. As a champion, myself, I know that we always tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, so much so that we're likely to get taken advantage of before we start hating on people or cutting them off. A lot of people here seem really ready to put a negative stamp on the entire INTJ clan but I don't think most of them have yet had an honest experience with one. A lot of the descriptions of INTJs contradict the actually Kerisey & Meyers/Briggs descriptions of them!
My fiance and I went on out first date (a set-up by mutual friends who knew we would be perfect together) and we closed down two coffee shops because we didn't want to stop talking. We both thrive on discussing abstract ideas and sharing our thoughts. His "J" and my "P" and like a dynamic duo. I share my abstract perceptions and he ties the kite strings of these thoughts down to earth with his careful judgments in a way that lets the kite fly even higher than before!!! He loves my outgoing nature, and his "I" is never competing with my "E" which is IDEAL in all situations (Almost every personality assessment recognizes that extrovert and introverts are the best matches for each other). Everything about the ENFP/INTJ match-up is healthy and balancing and comforting and freeing. I think the key is that both of these types need a lot of personal time to grow as individuals. Young ENFPs are rash, passionate to the point of impulsive at times, and wear their hearts like a string of beads around their necks to get bruised easily. It takes some growing up for an ENFP to learn what battles to fight and which people to trust. Similarly, INTJs are a little self-absorbed in youth, in that they know there is a big world out there to conquer and are eager to get to the research and hard work necessary to make something out of themselves. They are also very independent and it takes some maturity and stability (material and financial) until they are in a position to be open to others and start looking seriously for romance. But that said, they are also possibly the most loyal and trustworthy of any type.
So, maybe, an 18 year old ENFP and a 22 year old INTJ wouldn't work out very well. In fact, my fiance and I often joke that it's a good thing we met when we did and not a minute earlier, because we both think we would have sabotaged it in our younger years.

SongOwl

Put simply, INTJs are out of their depth with ENFPs.

Not true. INTJs are so so so so so misunderstood!!!!
It's driving me crazy! I want to go on a campaign to make everyone understand! INTJs are the still waters that run deep!

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was googling for something else regarding ENFPs and came across this thread, and I see that it has gone on for some time, and I haven't bothered to read all of the responses. However, I thought I would add my two cents, since I believe I have a very helpful perspective.

I am an ENFP if there ever was one. So much so that when my family found the test and we all took it, I was the joke of the year for finally being pegged! Whenever anyone reads the description of ENFPs they remark that it is my biography. I do not straddle any other personality types and am a CHAMPION through and through.
I am also engaged to an INTJ, my wonderful Mastermind, and we are the truest testament to the perfect match that these two personality types make. We had dated almost two years before we both took this test and saw that our personality types were suggested as good mates, and it was no surprise. Everyone in our lives refers to us as "the ideal couple." But regardless of what anyone outside our relationship says, I can personally testify that he is my ideal match in every way.

The best thing about the ENFP/INTJ match up is the balancing element. I am enigmatic, talkative, intellectually adventurous and probing and passionate to a fault. I am also really fun and silly at times. Joe Butt's article on ENFPs says the following: "ENFPs have what some call a “silly switch.” They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the “switch” is flipped." This is so true of me, and my fiance LOVES this about me. He is serious and meticulous and calculating, but in a one-on-one environment, his softer, sweeter and own youthful nature comes out and I really bring this out in him. He definitely credits me with keeping him young.
In turn, he is my ROCK. I get very stressed out about money issues or things that require me to sit down and do accounting/budgeting/scheduling in an exacting nature and he calmly and gently guides me through these things and is effortlessly giving of time and resources. Essentially, he fuels my flight. I wouldn't have the freedom and support to be the soaring, busy, moving, achieving person I am without him.

What I really want to comment on in regard to your concern is that I wonder if you have all the personality types down correctly. I am not trying to be presumptuous, but what you described above is NOT an INTJ. "They are vindictive, cold, insensitive, and mooch without so much as a thanks." Every count here is wrong, to me. My fiance, and this is characteristic of other INTJs from my reading, couldn't hold a grudge or be vindictive if he TRIED. Now, what he DOES believe in is justice. Fairness. Things ought to be equitable and people ought to be accountable. But he holds far fewer grudges than even I do! Secondly, INTJs only appear cold to those who don't know them. They see no value in shallow relationships with those they don't care for or don't have much in common with. When you get to know them, they are inextricably warm. My fiance is the warmest, kindest person I know, but VERY hard to get to know. My best friend thought he didn't like her for a good long while, which wasn't true at all! He is just a little shy at first, and spent a long time just listening to her to get to know her (another ENFP) before he offered a lot of his own opinions. INTJs are good listeners. But not cold. And never selfish or insensitive. As for mooching, this is what most convinces me that the people you know are NOT really INTJs. INTJs are FIERCELY independent! Mooching is much more of an artisan quality (I love artisans, too! This is not a dis!) My fiance wouldn't take from ANYONE. He offered my family at the outset of our engagement to pay for the entire wedding, and gratefully accepted whatever involvement my family wanted to have, but expected nothing. Autonomy is essential to an INTJs sense of self-worth. I don't think these people you have met are really INTJs.

Remember that INTJs are one of the RAREST of all personality types. Maybe one to two percent of the population. I'd venture you haven't actually met one yet, and when you do, you'll know it.

Agreed 100%. Finally, an ENFP who fully understands.

EDIT: Although I will state that it also depends on the ENFPs beliefs and the INTJs level of open-mindedness. Therefore, the relationship will probably only work if the ENFP has beliefs (which she/he will), that the INTJ is willing to accept.

G

garbage

I love the perception that anyone who has different preferences must have their type wrong, have the other person's type wrong, or misunderstand the issue entirely.

Really, I do. :popc1:

SongOwl

I love the perception that anyone who has different preferences must have their type wrong, have the other person's type wrong, or misunderstand the issue entirely.

Really, I do. :popc1:

Obviously you don't. Your sarcasm is not so subtle. But that's not really what's going on here. I do not dispute preferences at all. Most of the descriptions given here of INTJs are directly contradictory of everything the authors and major contributors of this particular personality theory have to say on the subject. This is not a particularly wishy-washy theory. It's very precise. And I specifically addressed each description and why I am DOUBTFUL (I exercise caution in throwing down absolutes about people I have never met) that an INTJ could fit that profile. I also accounted for the possibility that there are some UNHEALTHY INTJs out there. If some people have negative opinions of these individuals, that is fine. The topic at hand was whether or not two types were well matched and I am offering a very first hand perspective. I think it's easy to get types wrong, especially when you are guessing about another person's type. I merely suggested that those who fear they might, as ENFPs be poorly matched with an INTJ take a second look at it, because it has been very successful for me.

It was in no way meant as a slight or an insult. And again, it was not about preferences.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Cryptic observation: that Thom Yorke video...

Thom Yorke's INXJ, and I think I'd be willing to bet just by watching that the other guy, Jonny Greenwood, is SP. See the differences?

It's a sore point, that kind of difference, but there it is.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My fiance and I want to come up with a theory about how the different types are affected by dysfunction. Anyone who is maladjusted and emotionally unhealthy and unaware can give you a BAD experience, regardless of type. And I am starting to wonder, as I read more of the posts in this thread, if a lot of the so-called ENFPs on here are really ENFPs. As a champion, myself, I know that we always tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, so much so that we're likely to get taken advantage of before we start hating on people or cutting them off. A lot of people here seem really ready to put a negative stamp on the entire INTJ clan but I don't think most of them have yet had an honest experience with one. A lot of the descriptions of INTJs contradict the actually Kerisey & Meyers/Briggs descriptions of them!
My fiance and I went on out first date (a set-up by mutual friends who knew we would be perfect together) and we closed down two coffee shops because we didn't want to stop talking. We both thrive on discussing abstract ideas and sharing our thoughts. His "J" and my "P" and like a dynamic duo. I share my abstract perceptions and he ties the kite strings of these thoughts down to earth with his careful judgments in a way that lets the kite fly even higher than before!!! He loves my outgoing nature, and his "I" is never competing with my "E" which is IDEAL in all situations (Almost every personality assessment recognizes that extrovert and introverts are the best matches for each other). Everything about the ENFP/INTJ match-up is healthy and balancing and comforting and freeing. I think the key is that both of these types need a lot of personal time to grow as individuals. Young ENFPs are rash, passionate to the point of impulsive at times, and wear their hearts like a string of beads around their necks to get bruised easily. It takes some growing up for an ENFP to learn what battles to fight and which people to trust. Similarly, INTJs are a little self-absorbed in youth, in that they know there is a big world out there to conquer and are eager to get to the research and hard work necessary to make something out of themselves. They are also very independent and it takes some maturity and stability (material and financial) until they are in a position to be open to others and start looking seriously for romance. But that said, they are also possibly the most loyal and trustworthy of any type.
Excellent post!

So, maybe, an 18 year old ENFP and a 22 year old INTJ wouldn't work out very well. In fact, my fiance and I often joke that it's a good thing we met when we did and not a minute earlier, because we both think we would have sabotaged it in our younger years.
Hahahahaaa, this sounds eerily familiar, my INTJ boyfriend and I have discussed on several occasions how if we were to meet any sooner in our lives, (he's 26, and I'm 27), though we would have definitely been attracted to each other, we would have never ever worked out.

It certainly does take a level of maturity and experience in both parties for this pairing to really take shape and manifest itself to previously believed unattainable heights. :yes:

To date, I have never been with a man with whom I've been even remotely close to being able to communicate as openly, frequently and deeply as I have with my INTJ.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have read about 80% of the thread…
Kalach is so impressive with his persistent and multifaceted speculations (the one on how Si might actually be useful made me chuckle)… and I was little taken aback from some of the enfps that automatically played the easiest card in this particular game which is “bias from personal experience”. Oddly enough, I was moved by the_state_i_am_in’s conclusion 4-5 pages back… heh, a love that meets and satisfies every function? Maybe it’s because I’m taking meds just like the author…

but chemical fictions aside,

I’ve only met about 3-4 people in my life that I would classify as INTJs… and I’ve travelled and lived in various cosmopolitan cities (what I’m trying to convey is that my memory of the sample population that I’m using for this subjective value is a little larger than average). Over my lifetime, I’ve “felt” (as in, immediately yet-abstractly sensed) possibly thousands of ideas and hunches whose meaning I’ve dismantled and upon doing so, either integrated, impersonated or abandoned completely - most of the time on the fly. The way I would describe INTJs are people who have at some point arrived at some of the same ideas but unlike me, very carefully picked at them and organized them. When I talk to them, it’s like stepping into a library, everything is well-categorized. And there’s that air of “A=A or else it doesn’t make sense”. Which frankly is puzzling as hell, but in a good way. And surprise! They listen to ideas and are receptive to my tangents and fragments. Difference is, they will take each and every one of my statements very seriously and analyze them with what seems like, all the tough-mindedness in the world – the kind that I would use if I was severely threatened. So then I make the mistake to think they are something like really clever puppies that were harmed when they were very young and thus out of compulsion, organized their whole world. Only to find that it was them who saw me as the broken animal who “could have been brilliant if only she had reduced the impact of her emotions.” And I kind of don’t even know how to bridge that one. They tend to say “pain in the ass” in reference to people or situations, in a sort of absolute sense, which makes me feel uncomfortable. For me “pain in the ass” is relative until I am forced to go about things in a step-by-step way… without alternatives. What I find fascinating is that somehow they appeal to my sense of a person’s “potential” despite their methods. And maybe it’s because I’m currently chemically imbalanced, but I’m jealous. They get to arrive at X conclusion without losing their autonomy, they also get to defend themselves from the rest of the world and not be too quickly swayed by one’s own sense of empathy. There’s days where finding my sense of “self” is like playing darts in the fog at midnight – but them, from the outside, they look so immoveable and austere… and I love that, they are –there-, in body, mind, abstraction and all.

I could write more but…