MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Dude this thread totally dovetailed.

On the crackberry so can't read all posts.

Anyways to get the thread back on topic:

Intjs-are you aware of how you test people who show a romantic interest in you? I had no idea how common this was. Everybody says you guys do this.

Are you aware you are doing it?
    Agreed...

I sense a flicker of understanding in the back of my head...

I lay subtle little traps way before anything has even gotten romantic,
    just to test little stuff like compassion, mental acuity, knowledge, understanding, thought process...
    I mean. I don't put my subjects into a maze or anything.
    I just talk to them. See if they help me without me asking.
    It's more about intense observation and asking the right questions.

It's not some well-defined mental list, there are just things that have to be there and things that shouldn't be there.
    If the "subject" shows a nasty lack of something I need... Well. Over and done.

The latest stage things can really go wrong is when things have indeed come to some form of primitive romance.
    The sex can be incredibly wrong, and it has to be right.
    I'm sad to say that while 90% of the cases are enjoyable, only around 10% is "right" with a big R.
    I've overlooked the sex part too many times in favor for other qualities, but it drives the whole project into a wall at some point.

Of course my questions as well as what I seek in an individual differs from other INTJs, from ever so slightly to worlds apart.
    Maybe the methods are alike in some respects, though.

Is this what you were talking about?
    Or were you talking about us being testing as in hard to love?
    I can totally see both points

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

After some thought-Amar-you need to evalute the way you use Fi on people who you aren't fucking. Its a powertrip hidden behind a slutty sugar coat. Quit using Te to justify and use Fi to ethically evaluate the consequnces. Its fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Kindly refrain from telling me what to do. Ever.
    Hmm, I guess that did have a bit o' Te laying down the law in it. You know I have seen the Ti folks harp with about this issue, and I didnt pay a lot of attention. But your convo with OMT really got to me.

I spent all of last year getting drug back and forth by an entp guy-who did what you do-but using tert Fe instead of your Fi. It's just for fun, just a game, just "playing around". I had never had someone be able to reach inside me and manipulate my emotions that way, than abandon me, then come back a month later and start over again. I never even kissed him, yet was left really emotionally fucked up from the experience.

Cant blame him-ENTPs are kind emo dumb honestly and his tert Fe is how he plays. He doesnt even know what Fe is and would have no idea how this hurt me.

However ENFPs do know better naturally and anyone on this site should have a very good understanding at this point of how manipulating another's emo state can fuck with them. Fi is a gift, not a tool, not a plaything.

I am sorry if it came across as harsh, but emo rape is a good term to describe how I felt last year and how pulling Fi out of a Ti user would feel like. They shun from it and it repulses them-unless they are exceptionally close to you. It hurts them and disables them.

I mostly work on principles and ethics but my singular value appears to be that you shouldnt hurt others, and once you realize you are, you should stop.

rejection=hurt, false promises=hurt, lies=hurt

(Hmm, maybe I have four values?)

MBTI
    INTJ

Dude this thread totally dovetailed.

On the crackberry so can't read all posts.

Anyways to get the thread back on topic:

Intjs-are you aware of how you test people who show a romantic interest in you? I had no idea how common this was. Everybody says you guys do this.

Are you aware you are doing it?
    You mean like, do we have a people focus, or something?

I'm not aware of testing. I am aware of assessing possible outcomes.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I don't get this response. It's like any time some suggestion is made, it's interpreted as though we want to imprison people for bothering us. I mean, have you noticed how much ENTPs don't like to be controlled, either?

If we're commanding anything, it's that you simply be careful with what you do, and preferably don't do it towards members of the general public, and make for damn sure that you aren't inadvertently inflicting harm on someone you care about. A monstrous thing to say to someone, right?
    Oh just stop it with the Fe lectures, please. You guys are really getting on my nerves. As if anyone here is just randomly running about manipulating others with Fi for sadistic kicks.

Can't you take any comment that isn't waxing poetic about the glories of Fi without resorting to the fangs? At the very least, can't you accept that our opinions on the subject are just as valid as your own?
    You guys just talk about it so much that it's fucking crap. It's as though I came into an ENTP/INFJ thread and started bitching about what I hate about Ti.

A conversation is a free-flowing thing. It goes from one place to another. That you would suppress others' thoughts on things because you think we "think everything is about [us]" (blatant projection if I've ever seen it) suggests a disturbingly Orwellian facet to your character that I'd hope we would have all grown past at this point.
    Who the fuck is surpressing anyone's thoughts? Where are you guys getting this shit? By expressing my opinion I'm "suppressing your thoughts"? How does one even go about suppressing thoughts...is it even possible without drugs or severe head trauma?

You're telling us what to do, and that's "just your opinion" but if I point out your flaws then I'm "supressing your thoughts." Nice. Fuckin' paranoid, melodramatic ENTP hypocrites using hyperbolic emotional language to detract from the actual point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've seen the "people testing" in INTJ as I do people testing, too. It's not like a demanding testing, more of keeping tally of what the person reacts to or is like.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oh just stop it with the Fe lectures, please. You guys are really getting on my nerves. As if anyone here is just randomly running about manipulating others with Fi for sadistic kicks.
    Get over yourself.

You guys just talk about it so much that it's fucking crap. It's as though I came into an ENTP/INFJ thread and started bitching about what I hate about Ti.
    By all means, do. It would be fun.

Who the fuck is surpressing anyone's thoughts? Where are you guys getting this shit? By expressing my opinion I'm "suppressing your thoughts"? How does one even go about suppressing thoughts...is it even possible without drugs or severe head trauma?
    Don't be self-righteously obtuse. You're better than that. Notice how I've never criticized Fi for feeling in any way - just the actions I consider to be harmful to others. On the other hand...

As if. You're the one crying censorship. ENTPs just don't like it when the majority of other people's opinion is STFU.
    Look at that. You don't know for certain that most of the people in here don't appreciate our contribution. However, because it's pissing you off, everyone must agree that they shall not speak. Your opinion is that anyone with the letters ENTP below their avatar should not have a thought on the subject, much less dare to express their thoughts.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

You're telling us what to do
    No I'm not.

and that's "just your opinion" but if I point out your flaws then I'm "supressing your thoughts."
    False equivalency is false.

Nice. Fuckin' paranoid, melodramatic ENTP hypocrites using hyperbolic emotional language to detract from the actual point.
    A wonderful combination of ad hominem and psychological projection. Impressive, really. I should probably print this out and frame it, since I'll never likely again see another one like it.

On the other thought, never mind. I probably will. It'll probably include quotes from this post.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Reading doesnt equal comprehension nor understanding. Just the ability to match a group of letters to a thought/image/sound.
    I see. How should I go about improving my understanding of socionics descriptions of relationships between types so that I may critique them meaningfully?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Get over yourself.
    It would be nice if every ENTP on this forum did just that. Got over themselves and how they sincerely believe there's wisdom in every wall of text they crank out.

Don't be self-righteously obtuse. You're better than that. Notice how I've never criticized Fi for feeling in any way - just the actions I consider to be harmful to others. On the other hand...

Ok. You consider certain actions harmful. And I think you're painting worst case scenarios and totally misunderstanding how people play with Fi in a romantic context.

Look at that. You don't know for certain that most of the people in here don't appreciate our contribution. However, because it's pissing you off, everyone must agree that they shall not speak. Your opinion is that anyone with the letters ENTP below their avatar should not have a thought on the subject, much less dare to express their thoughts.

Well, at least three ENFPs don't appreciate your contribution, so what does that tell you?

Yeah, the longer I'm on the forum, the more I'm convinced by various ENTP members on this site that collectively you are one of my least favorite types. You go around beating people over the head with Ti and then telling them to "toughen up." I really don't like that about you guys ... it's rude, obnoxious, and self-absorbed....except for when it's funny, and it's just not in this case.

Ce la vie.

P.S. I never said that ENTPs shouldn't think what they think, or even express what they think. I suggested that mayhaps there's a more "appropriate" place for your harpings about the evils of Fi than an ENFP/INTJ thread. Just my opinion. I never asked a moderator to actually stop you guys. I don't do things like that, but you're the second person to accuse me of CENSORSHIP OMGZ!!!!!1111

A wonderful combination of ad hominem and psychological projection. Impressive, really. I should probably print this out and frame it, since I'll never likely again see another one like it.

On the other thought, never mind. I probably will. It'll probably include quotes from this post.
    I'm the one projecting but you're talking about thought suppression and Orwell? Mmkay.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I think I know where this should go next:

If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

^that would be awesome. I would so watch it.