User Tag List

First 2161697071727381121 Last

Results 701 to 710 of 1370

  1. #701
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Also, playing the hypocritical card at this stage is kinda..yeah. Hypocritical, I'd say. And hilariously ironic.
    Explain where I've been hypocritical?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    @ Fi manipulation- different types will perceive different functions in different ways. ENTPs and ENFPs have pretty different values and ways of doing things, so naturally they will see Fi in a different way. And that's it. Not hard to figure out.
    Again, what I was referring to was not Fi-manipulation as if Fi as a function manipulates. But, how some Fi users can utilize Fi to be manipulative, just like some Fe-users can have their own brand of manipulation.

    This same thing happened with Simulatedworld's thread, where certain examples of Fi manifestation is taken to be a generalization on Fi as a whole.

    Why does that keep happening? Using what logic?

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Because this thread isn't about you and how you feel about us. ENTPs seem to think everything is about them.
    Read my initial post when I entered this thread...especially take note of the TITLE.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1046632

    And, why I felt it might be relevant.

    But, why not pick on poki, who is an ISTP, who also engaged in a long dialogue with me in this thread? Why the ENTP? Was it because he was in support?

    Good job with being unbaised.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If you don't like it, that's cool, but why are you forcing your own sexual and emotional preferences on us by slyly calling what we do "manipulation" and other vaguely perjorative terms.
    No. That's again your emotional response to it. No one is forcing shit on you. We have a right to express our opinion as do you. Do not whine about censoring my thought.

    As well, I only spoke of two examples by two posters. And, read these clarifications I responded with, to Kalach. Carefully.


    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    To each their own. Flavours, taste the rainbows, or some such relevant NF analogy.

    We can go too far in labelling behaviours, all and sundry, to the consequence of functional manifestations, rather than the functional manifestations being a consequence of the individual's own intention. I dunno, like self-esteem.
    The self-esteem, I'm not getting out of thin air, but from those examples themselves who said they had issues with male figures in their lives. I don't project shit on people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Actually, I do what SS does as well. And yes, it does stem from insecurity.
    And, further clarification:

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Appropriate response? Can range from anywhere between to ORLY?! to . Depends on the individuals involved and their personal intentions/desire, and dynamics between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I think this is the main thing those who were supporting such "Fi manipulation" wanted to explain. It is harmless teasing that is invited and welcomed by the other party.
    I just think that throughout the course of the discussion, a lot of contradictions, and extreme statements made this simple point disappear into obscurity.
    And, when I said that I interpreted it as manipulation, an xNFP herself, validated that stance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    The reason you didn't like the comment is probably becoz it reeks of manipulation. I have a permit for it though from him
    And not all manipulation is necessarily bad. He knows he can trust me to use it with care, that I would never purposefully take advantage of him or harm him.
    Maybe you should also throw stones at Amar, for agreeing with this "Fi-manipulation" stance?

    ****

    It seems you guys say that you want to engage in "dialogue" but, not really, because the dialogue must be all in agreement (or agree with you guys within a few posts) and include good, fluffy vibes, otherwise, the other instantly becomes the bad bully. Grow a pair!

  2. #702
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Again, what I was referring to was not Fi-manipulation as if Fi as a function manipulates. But, how some Fi users can utilize Fi to be manipulative, just like some Fe-users can have their own brand of manipulation.

    This same thing happened with Simulatedworld's thread, where certain examples of Fi manifestation is taken to be a generalization on Fi as a whole.

    Why does that keep happening? Using what logic?
    Well yeah, I meant it as you were saying. That those manifestations would be perceived differently by the people doing them, other Fi users, and other types. I wasn't really attacking your stance, at all. I suppose I just wasn't being too clear? That post was mainly addressed to the entirity of the subject of Fi manipulation, not your post in particular. I actually didn't read it all, I was just taking that subject and making a general post.

    And I actually agree with your frustration. People don't use nuance enough, they assume that when someone complains about a certain aspect or manifestation of a function, that they are insulting their character just because they use that function and what the person is saying doesn't resonate with them. There's not much logic in it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #703
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Manipulating someone to make them want you/rely on you is a way for an ENFP to make the relationship go the way they want to. It's scary to actually be in a relationship and let go of manipulation. What if you can't actually get someone without manipulation??!?!

    To have healthy relationships an ENFP has to move past manipulation and let a relationship develop without it. It's difficult.

  4. #704
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    No. That's again your emotional response to it. No one is forcing shit on you. We have a right to express our opinion as do you. Do not whine about censoring my thought.

    As well, I only spoke of two examples by two posters. And, read these clarifications I responded with, to Kalach. Carefully.

    Don't whine about somebody disagreeing with your pretentious, Fe-biased wall of text. No one is censoring you. I'm not even into censorship. Don't be crazy. You're the one talking about mods here (and the inappropriateness of cartoon bananas elswhere).



    It seems you guys say that you want to engage in "dialogue" but, not really, because the dialogue must be all in agreement (or agree with you guys within a few posts) and include good, fluffy vibes, otherwise, the other instantly becomes the bad bully. Grow a pair!

    As if. You're the one crying censorship. ENTPs just don't like it when the majority of other people's opinion is STFU.

  5. #705
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    You guys need to get a room.

  6. #706
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well yeah, I meant it as you were saying. That those manifestations would be perceived differently by the people doing them, other Fi users, and other types. I wasn't really attacking your stance, at all. I suppose I just wasn't being too clear? That post was mainly addressed to the entirity of the subject of Fi manipulation, not your post in particular. I actually didn't read it all, I was just taking that subject and making a general post.

    And I actually agree with your frustration. People don't use nuance enough, they assume that when someone complains about a certain aspect or manifestation of a function, that they are insulting their character just because they use that function and what the person is saying doesn't resonate with them. There's not much logic in it.
    And, on behalf of those people, whose usage of Fi I admire, such stance taken up by some of these Fi-users irk me, because they colour the perception, and variety of Fi manifestations.

    Just like a select few repeat offenders are the ones who keep harping on Fi, the same few Fi users are the ones who respond and complain.

    Those Fi users, who, in my opinion, use Fi admirably, hardly ever, or never respond to these threads. And, talking with a few of them, it's because they can't agree with how Fi is being presented by the few Fi-users who do respond, without fail, to the threads....so they just let the mess be.

    It's sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Don't whine about somebody disagreeing with your pretentious, Fe-biased wall of text. No one is censoring you. I'm not even into censorship. Don't be crazy. You're the one talking about mods here (and the inappropriateness of cartoon bananas elswhere).
    You need to follow conversations better. I responded with the talk of mods, AFTER YOU WHINED AND COMPLAINED about how this thread got hijacked....hence, the mod action as a solution to YOUR INITIAL complaint.

    You complaining that people are judging you, and should "stop judging", stop coming to this thread to "attack"......is trying to censor our "judgements", which btw, are opinions, not judgements...but your histrionic Fi reads it as so.

    You have a way of twisting shit that makes a contortionist look like a straight line.

    As if. You're the one crying censorship. ENTPs just don't like it when the majority of other people's opinion is STFU.
    Reading comprehension, learn it.

    Don't be crazy.
    Coming from you, this is

    You're a joker without even trying. Oh, you!

  7. #707
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

    You need to follow conversations better. I responded with the talk of mods, AFTER YOU WHINED AND COMPLAINED about how this thread got hijacked....hence, the mod action as a solution to YOUR INITIAL complaint.

    You complaining that people are judging you, and should "stop judging", stop coming to this thread to "attack"......is trying to censor our "judgements", which btw, are opinions, not judgements...but your histrionic Fi reads it as so.

    You have a way of twisting shit that makes a contortionist look like a straight line.
    I'm being histrionic because I disagree with you and your methods, and expressing my distaste for your self-congratulatory posts? Who is twisting shit?

    I'm not the only one complaining. Two other ENFPs agree with me. You just keep posting here to prove a point about how your asshattery won't be "censored." Apparently you think your opinion is the only opinion that counts.

  8. #708
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    And, on behalf of those people, whose usage of Fi I admire, such stance taken up by some of these Fi-users irk me, because they colour the perception, and variety of Fi manifestations.

    Just like a select few repeat offenders are the ones who keep harping on Fi, the same few Fi users are the ones who respond and complain.

    Those Fi users, who, in my opinion, use Fi admirably, hardly ever, or never respond to these threads. And, talking with a few of them, it's because they can't agree with how Fi is being presented by the few Fi-users who do respond, without fail, to the threads....so they just let the mess be.

    It's sad.
    There's a mess?

  9. #709
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Enough. It would be nice to get back on topic.

    Q, fwiw, I did always state 'I', I think when describing my version of Fi. If it is so far off from others, that's probably due to the individualistic nature of Fi, but I will refrain from commenting on Fi from here on. But at least let this thread go back to what it was meant to discuss, the INTJ-ENFP connection. Which, unfortunately means that Fi will be an element in it. Of course asking questions about that is valid, but this has gotten just out of hand and god knows that by now we should've learned that Fe vs Fi threads or Fi vs Ti threads don't get us anywhere.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #710
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    I always enjoy when threads turn into Fi bitchfests and spiral downward terribly from there, because it gives us all free license to fuck around in them without consequence. Because, I mean, it's impossible to add value to them once they've tanked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think I'm changing to ISFP with BC.
    This sounds good

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ Relationship
    By freeeekyyy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
  2. [ENFP] A question for ENFPs and for people who love them.
    By hazelsees in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ=Perceptive Train wreck o' love?
    By stormyapril in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 05:11 AM
  4. [MBTItm] enfp intj marriage
    By saffron in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO