User Tag List

First 1656646566676876116 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Kalach, you do a much better job explaining this than I do. I think I'll let the INTJs explain this shit to ENTPs, coz I don't seem to get anywhere without pushing their Fe button at nauseum
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Kalach, you do a much better job explaining this than I do. I think I'll let the INTJs explain this shit to ENTPs, coz I don't seem to get anywhere without pushing their Fe button at nauseum
    Or our Ti button--it's ad nauseum!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

dude, it's early in the morning, give me a break *pouts*

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ

On the other hand, that the ENFPs do wander around flouncing and pouting... they must know they are themselves up to something...

And surely they are. There's some type dynamics thing at work here. I think everyone does play up their tertiary function in relation to other people. In the relief role, it does want attention. If it gets to be expressed in communication with someone else, one gets a buzz. So if the ENFPs are wandering around saying, look at me, lalalala, I'm manIPulating you. Check me out, it's a process I call <pause for Marylin Monroe voice> extraverted thinking... Mr President.</>

The appropriate response is the flat level ORLY? stare, and then they tell you the truth.

Y'know, there's something really wrong in this discussion now. Some bizarre element has entered it. (I'm not referring to the ENTPs.) I'm referring to the hubris. The idea of having answers to what these manipulations may be without referring to the person as she or he happens to be.

Does anyone have a tissue? I seem to have spilled Fi on my lapel.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ You consistently impress me as being exceptionally in touch with your Fi for an INTJ. You, yes you, as an individual!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ

Well then here's a serious question: if I reply in a suitably tertiary defensive manner, perhaps saying "Yes, I do have a purty mouth, thank you", knowing as I do, or think I do, that it'll be perceived as Fe-put down rather than as a warily good humoured Fi-joke...?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    On the other hand, that the ENFPs do wander around flouncing and pouting... they must know they are themselves up to something...

And surely they are. There's some type dynamics thing at work here. I think everyone does play up their tertiary function in relation to other people. In the relief role, it does want attention. If it gets to be expressed in communication with someone else, one gets a buzz. So if the ENFPs are wandering around saying, look at me, lalalala, I'm manIPulating you. Check me out, it's a process I call <pause for Marylin Monroe voice> extraverted thinking... Mr President.</>

The appropriate response is the flat level ORLY? stare, and then they tell you the truth.

Y'know, there's something really wrong in this discussion now. Some bizarre element has entered it. (I'm not referring to the ENTPs.) I'm referring to the hubris. The idea of having answers to what these manipulations may be without referring to the person as she or he happens to be.

Does anyone have a tissue? I seem to have spilled Fi on my lapel.
    LOL...oh so true, it's more fun when the person is on to me, and they're willing to call me on it. Part of the game
    Funny how NTJs often automatically get this

Though I'll pout, look innocent, and try every trick in the book, I'm secretly hoping he'll not be swayed by it (but still very much amused ) and call my BS so I can tell him what's going on. It often gives a lighthearted setting which leads to a situation where everyone's at ease to just get to know one another and talk about stuff that can be considered quite personal and heavy without it necessarily feeling that way. It's a nice way to bond, very natural as well, ime. Aside from that, it's plain fun

Though it would be interesting to see how INTJs experience it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I think some of us are scared of the truth, hence the whole sayin' "ignorance is bliss"
    i like this more:

"Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away"

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    this feels like an unchangeable Fi faith.
    Thanks, this is the stubbornness I detect and I know I cannot fight it so I back down and go into observation mode until that faith is let go of, then I proceed.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Thanks, this is the stubbornness I detect and I know I cannot fight it so I back down and go into observation mode until that faith is let go of, then I proceed.
    It's not the stubbornness that you're thinking of, if you're trying to have a more-or-less factual objective discussion. The Fi faith is really just an emotional reaction to using Te and Ni, it isn't the driver. It's easy for one who uses Fe to read the Fi effect as the cause. It's only when you're trying to emotionally persuade someone that the Fi faith of which state speaks comes into play, hence the resistance to religious guilt, etc.

Ti does the same thing, in its own way, though calling it "faith" is a bit strong. Rather, it's the Ti insistence on figuring it out on one's own ... and when one is done figuring it out, their is usually no confirmation of assent or disagreement, and this can feel like stubbornness to a Te user who is trying to determine a plan of action.

What I find is that Fe tries to persuade in the Fe way, and a strong Fi user without much Fe blocks that. Similarly, Te tries to persuade in the Te way, and a strong Ti user blocks that.

The key for communication is to switch modes such that your presentation has the greatest chance to correctly communicate, and this is focused in Te and Fe. Use Te, if you can, to communicate with Te users. And Fe to communicate with Fe users. Failing that, use Fi to communicate with a Te user's Fi, or Ti to communicate with an Fe user's Ti, though both of these options are significantly weaker.