User Tag List

First 1454626364656674114 Last

Results 631 to 640 of 1370

  1. #631
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    We are constantly grasping for and unraveling Truth.

    Though Truth is constant, unwavering.

    The search and acquisition of Truth will be a never-ending, hopefully uphill battle/process.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #632
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    No.



    Fixed. And, yes.
    The emotion may be delayed so the act of brainwashing is going through thought or the thought may be delayed and the act of brainwashing goes in through emotion. Gotta bring in that third dimension of time.

    Now I am just arguing to argue Ignore me if you like.
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #633
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Random thought of the day.

    Wearing cashmere sans deodorant makes my armpits smell funkay!

    kk

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #634
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    The emotion may be delayed so the act of brainwashing is going through thought or the thought may be delayed and the act of brainwashing goes in through emotion. Gotta bring in that third dimension of time.
    Brainwashing is a process. Brainwashed is a conclusive result.

    Brainwashing may go through either thought or emotion first, as part of its cycle. The other will come as second part of the cycle. However, whatever the time it takes, once the final conclusion of being brainwashed is reached, that person's thoughts and emotions have been thoroughly put in the spin cycle. Mixing colours with whites.

    The stopwatch is stopped once brainwashing is complete. Thus, the variable of time is not directly relevant to the final commentary about whether thoughts and emotions were utilized for brainwashing to have achieved brainwashed.

    Now I am just arguing to argue Ignore me if you like.
    lol, fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    :sad:

    Some people rather believe in someone's, anyone's, derived, or should I say contrived "truth" than sit with themselves in their own doubt, because doubt and fear of the unknown makes many of us feel uncomfortable. :/

    This is so sad, to me.

    Our desire to believe in something trumping the quality of that which we believe.

    :sad:
    Missed this. And, I agree. Discernment is not always a ready faculty for all.

  5. #635
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Regarding truth.

    This might sound cheesy, and highly F-ish, but when I'm listening to some awesome music, and I let my *mind go* and I just dance to the beat within me, throughout me, I feel a sense of oneness with the universe.

    Harmony and rhythm, baby.

    That's where it's at.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #636
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    We are constantly grasping for and unraveling Truth.

    Though Truth is constant, unwavering.

    The search and acquisition of Truth will be a never-ending, hopefully uphill battle/process.

    What's interesting here is how this Fi perspective parallels Ti.

    The only difference is that Ti is concerned with an objective truth, not a spritual Truth. A Ti dom feels the need to figure it all out for oneself, not really giving a damn what anyone else thinks. Te, on the other hand uses what everyone else thinks as a starting point. And Fe uses what everyone else feels as a starting point. (Not that the latter two don't process things with an independent spirit, necessarily, but that there is no need to "own" the thinkings or feelings.)

  7. #637
    Senior Member human101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni
    Posts
    496

    Default

    maybe the truth is looking for us and we're scaring it away

  8. #638
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Regarding truth.

    This might sound cheesy, and highly F-ish, but when I'm listening to some awesome music, and I let my *mind go* and I just dance to the beat within me, throughout me, I feel a sense of oneness with the universe.

    Harmony and rhythm, baby.

    That's where it's at.

    I totally relate.

  9. #639
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I think some of us are scared of the truth, hence the whole sayin' "ignorance is bliss"
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  10. #640
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Brainwashing is a process. Brainwashed is a conclusive result.

    Brainwashing may go through either thought or emotion first, as part of its cycle. The other will come as second part of the cycle. However, whatever the time it takes, once the final conclusion of being brainwashed is reached, that person's thoughts and emotions have been thoroughly put in the spin cycle. Mixing colours with whites.

    The stopwatch is stopped once brainwashing is complete. Thus, the variable of time is not directly relevant to the final commentary about whether thoughts and emotions were utilized for brainwashing to have achieved brainwashed.



    lol, fair enough.
    gotcha, I understand. From your first impression of the argument you seemed to dismiss the thought part and pin it mostly as emotional then slide over part way through to both.

    So...ok, nevermind, now I would be really derailing it, but you did get me interested again
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ Relationship
    By freeeekyyy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
  2. [ENFP] A question for ENFPs and for people who love them.
    By hazelsees in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ=Perceptive Train wreck o' love?
    By stormyapril in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 05:11 AM
  4. [MBTItm] enfp intj marriage
    By saffron in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO