First 1353616263646573113 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Depression, apathy, i.e. a lack of motivation to do ANYTHING!!!

That is why when some depressives get on anti-depressants they finally get the motivation to off themselves. :/

As a Feeler, and a Thinker, but I don't give a fuck y'all I will totally own the fact that I am at my BEST when I am Feeling right about myself, right about life, well, in other words, how I feel takes precedence of how great I think.

Grrrr, how to better explain.

I know I am a smart cookie, cool beans, and all, and I do need to be/feel intellectually stimulated to a degree to be/feel happy, but I much rather be emotionally happy/content/elated/excited/silly/open/expressive, in other words feel a broader and more consistent range of POSITIVE emotions than think, think, think, think, think, think, think.

I do not like thinking for the sake of intellectual masturbation, I do like thinking for the sake of intellectual growth, but growth that would affect my emotional self.

If I am not emotionally invested in some argument, for me, it won't be worth it to engage.

I will try my hardest to see the Truth, or the Reality of what's going on behind my Fi stance, and believe me, I have made plenty of concessions in my life, and sighed, happily, excitedly, hmm, haven't *thought* about it that way, but I HATE HATE HATE

HATE!!!

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

We, or I argue for the sake of revealing the truest Truth, and for all parties involved, hopefully, to come to a clearer understanding, but like I said, I prefer arguments which involve some moral imperative at its core.

Hmm, what was my point.

Oh, yeah!!!

Some days, well, some bad days, or bad months or moments, I really wish I could be like the rational blokes and blokettes I observe from a distance, granted, they don't seem particularly happy, but neither do they seem particularly down in the I-wish-I-were-dead dumps either.

Their mood(s) seem rather stable, never too happy, never too sad.

But, really, in the scheme of things, I do love being me, crazy, hyper-sensitive, emotional me.

It paints my world so vividly.

Not to say that Thinkers lead bland lives.

But sometimes I wonder if introverted thinkers do.
    we probably do until we find our passion i found mine

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    we probably do until we find our passion i found mine
    Oh, Passion, perhaps one of the holy trinity of most awesomest emotions!!!

Great for you?!!?

What is it?

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    STP

:sad:

Some people rather believe in someone's, anyone's, derived, or should I say contrived "truth" than sit with themselves in their own doubt, because doubt and fear of the unknown makes many of us feel uncomfortable. :/

This is so sad, to me.

Our desire to believe in something trumping the quality of that which we believe.

:sad:
    You need a "different" ISTP to make your dreams become reality

This is one of the stages that I watch for in NFPs. When they hit this stage is when I try my hardest to tread lightly with what I say so as to not affect their truths.

Se picks this up in a similiar fashion that I picked up onemoretime walking that tightrope. Its like night and day difference.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    When you are in a position where people do believe you, they dont need any motivation, they simply believe.
    Of course there is motivation, you just stated it, the motivation is you - appeal to authority.

I put myself in this position a whole lot because I hold the impression with people around me IRL that there is nothing I cant figure out. People arnt motivated to believe me, they trust me from experience and because I hold that trust I do not feel right leading them astray purposely.
    ??? You're contradicting yourself.

People aren't motivated to believe you, then what makes them trust you? Trust must be motivated by something....in this case, their past interaction with you, what they know of you. Secondly, trust itself is a motivation, as I said previously in response to the "gullible person" post of yours.

I could just tell someone something and a year down the road something comes up and they remember what I said and act on it. How did I know they were gonna act on it? Because I know they trust me and have never given them a reason to in the past. No vulnerability or emotion that I can tell.
    Motivation is intrinsically linked to emotion.

Emotion is a psychological experience.

Motivation is a goal-oriented behaviour.

In humans, most goal-oriented behaviour taps into a psychological experience to bring it to fruition. This is why self-control (understood as part of emotional intelligence) is a primary navigator of motivation.

This is not me talking, this is literature in psychology.

I really don't understand your implied definitions of the words, "motivation" or "emotion", it doesn't square with what I've learned of those words to mean anywhere in any literature of psychology??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is one of the stages that I watch for in NFPs. When they hit this stage is when I try my hardest to tread lightly with what I say so as to not affect their truths.
    Elaborate, please.

Interestingly enough, I owe a lot to my ISTP ex for helping me get out of my existential depression.

He would always tell me, "Nicole, you have one life to live and then you're gonna fucking die, fact, so the choice is up to you, do you want to continue to wallow in your misery, and hence continue to live a miserable life?!?"

To which I'd respond...

*sniffle sniffle*

"I guess, you're kinda right"

"Carpe diem, let's go out for a hike!"

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Because you are alive.
    As far as I can tell. Could be wrong, though

So what is knowledge? And where does the 'you' of 10 years ago exist today?
    Hell if I know.

And if everyone has the same perception and it is false than what exists as the true perception?
    Good question.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Of course there is motivation, you just stated it, the motivation is you - appeal to authority.

??? You're contradicting yourself.

People aren't motivated to believe you, then what makes them trust you? Trust must be motivated by something....in this case, their past interaction with you, what they know of you.

Motivation is intrinsically linked to emotion.

Emotion is a psychological experience.

Motivation is a goal-oriented behaviour.

In humans, most goal-oriented behaviour taps into a psychological experience to bring it to fruition. This is why self-control (understood as part of emotional intelligence) is a primary navigator of motivation.

This is not me talking, this is literature in psychology.

I really don't understand your implied definitions of the words, "motivation" or "emotion", it doesn't square with what I've learned of those words to mean anywhere in any literature of psychology??
    I know I contradicted myself by sensing my thought pattern, hence the reason I gave up arguing.

I am simply content with the fact that you can effect brainwash both by thought and emotion. To me brainwash is an act so the act itself can go in through thought or emotion.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Elaborate, please.

Interestingly enough, I owe a lot to my ISTP ex for helping me get out of my existential depression.

He would always tell me, "Nicole, you have one life to live and then you're gonna fucking die, fact, so the choice is up to you, do you want to continue to wallow in your misery, and hence continue to live a miserable life?!?"

To which I'd respond...

*sniffle sniffle*

"I guess, you're kinda right"

"Carpe diem, let's go out for a hike!"

Told ya we PeTi'ers get the cosmic joke

To me brainwash is an act so the act itself can go in through thought or emotion.
    No.

To me brainwash is an act so the act itself can go in through thought AND emotion.
    Fixed. And, yes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And if everyone has the same perception and it is false than what exists as the true perception?
    Fuck a True perception, rather what's more pertinent is an accurate, or the most accurate perception of the Truth.

Reality and as we humans like to refer to it, Truth exists beyond us, and our feeble perceptions.

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it."
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles