User Tag List

First 3644454647485696 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Interesting. My father and younger brother are both INTJs, but I really have very little idea of what INTJs think of ENTPs in general, or of me. I have a few INTJ friends and they give so little feedback on anything (except on rare occasions where they are incredibly impressed or extremely irritated) that I often wonder what value they see in me or why they hang out with me or consider me a friend at all. It's simply never referenced or explained.

And yet they continue to make efforts to include me in their lives, so I guess I must be doing something right. I just never have any concrete idea of where I stand with them.
    Sim, I could tell you all about it...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah, but it's easy for us to write off all the rest (and thus justify our narcissism):

- ENTJs are just dumber, more social INTJs.
    = you equate intelligence with Ni
    = you overvalue Ni relative to other functions
    = you don't recognize that multiple forms of intelligence exist
    = your perceptions of the intelligence of other types is skewed by your bias toward Ni

Ironically this sort of unconscious bias as a result of built-in interpretation/taking one particular view of reality too seriously is precisely what Ni strives most to avoid. Poetic, no?

- ESTJs are simple-minded sociopaths.
    I guess opinions like this are part of the reason INTJs keep such a close watch on what information they reveal.

- And ENTPs, well, ENTPs are interesting. They're certainly above the other ones. They just lack the most important function of all.
    Careful with the arbitrary assignments of value to each functional attitude there, buddy.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

= you equate intelligence with Ni
    = you overvalue Ni relative to other functions
    = you don't recognize that multiple forms of intelligence exist
    = your perceptions of the intelligence of other types is skewed by your bias toward Ni

Ironically this sort of unconscious bias as a result of built-in interpretation/taking one particular view of reality too seriously is precisely what Ni strives most to avoid. Poetic, no?

I guess opinions like this are part of the reason INTJs keep such a close watch on what information they reveal.

Careful with the arbitrary assignments of value to each functional attitude there, buddy.
    FWIW, Z is very much tongue-in-cheek, here. While we're clueless in matters of Fe, we are quite aware of what will start an argument with Te.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yeah, but it's easy for us to write off all the rest (and thus justify our narcissism):

- ENTJs are just dumber, more social INTJs.

- ESTJs are simple-minded sociopaths.

- And ENTPs, well, ENTPs are interesting. They're certainly above the other ones. They just lack the most important function of all.
    Why did you write this?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    FWIW, Z is very much tongue-in-cheek, here. While we're clueless in matters of Fe, we are quite aware of what will start an argument with Te.
    Man, anybody ever tell you INTJs they have no idea when you're joking and when you're not? There's a very good reason for that, you know.

Sim, I could tell you all about it...
    Sure, let's hear it, but maybe let's move to wall posts before the whining about thread derailment has time to set in, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Why did you write this?
    It's tongue-in-cheek apparently, but it's a bad sign for the tongue and the cheek when even other INTJs can't tell it's satirical.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Man, anybody ever tell you INTJs they have no idea when you're joking and when you're not? There's a very good reason for that, you know.

Sure, let's hear it, but maybe let's move to wall posts before the whining about thread derailment has time to set in, hm?
    Actually not true...it's very visible when INTJs are joking...ENTPs on the other hand..

Hint: when talking about their arrogance, unless they go into detail and elaborate why they are so great, pull their serious and constipated face from the pole stuck up their ass, they tend to be joking (though still somewhat believing what they're saying )

It kinda works like SS's joke...grain of truth, but mostly very much meant tongue in cheek

/oil on fire..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Yeah, we lack the Fe. Our humor is very much along the lines of saying something almost, but not quite, true.

The main clue is Z's initial sentence, about how easy it is to write off other types. As is often the case for INTJ-speak, all of the caveats that Ti/Fe demand are left unsaid. He isn't endorsing stereotypes of non-INTJs. Indeed, he is stereotyping how INTJs think.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's tongue-in-cheek apparently, but it's a bad sign for the tongue and the cheek when even other INTJs can't tell it's satirical.
    Everything was going so well until this turned into the Simulated World show...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Actually not true...it's very visible when INTJs are joking...ENTPs on the other hand..
    I guess we should go with the Ni answer on this one and agree that this is entirely up to perspective, so there's not much point in arguing it.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Everything was going so well until this turned into the Simulated World show...
    I can get you front row tickets, honey, only $55.95 a pop. That's a bargain.

btw, INTJs are offering some insight into how they think and evaluate the other Ne dom type, which seems pretty related to the OP's discussion of Ni's relationship with Ne. Or maybe my Ne is imagining relationships that aren't there.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Usually not. But we can tell.

And yes, we know. At some point though, we accept that not all others have access to Ni. (warning: the preceding sentence contained irony)

Sounds good, but another time. I'm now looking at three hours of sleep.

uumlau got it...