User Tag List

First 3341424344455393 Last

Results 421 to 430 of 1370

  1. #421
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Exactly right.
    I thought you didn't believe in functional analysis?

    (ah jeez, I didn't really just open this can of worms, did I? If we're going to continue this, let's do it back on the proper thread)

  2. #422
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I thought you didn't believe in functional analysis?

    (ah jeez, I didn't really just open this can of worms, did I? If we're going to continue this, let's do it back on the proper thread)
    lol what?

    I wrote that post like a year ago just after joining the forum, and I didn't really understand how to apply the functions system yet. I don't agree with the position outlined in that post anymore.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #423
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Reading this coupled with looking at your avatar was truly a priceless moment, for me.

    Thank you.

    Haha, so true.

    "Je Represente!"

  4. #424
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lol what?

    I wrote that post like a year ago just after joining the forum, and I didn't really understand how to apply the functions system yet. I don't agree with the position outlined in that post anymore.
    The first post of yours I ever read was "Personality Studies and Wishful Thinking (or Why Cognitive Functions are Bullshit)"

    Never got through the whole thing (Ti eventually bores me), but I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that in it you write off functional analysis.

    Maybe I was wrong...

    EDIT: Just read your edit. Got it. Thought that might be the case, based off some more recent posts I've read. Good to hear. I won't have to tear you that new one I'd been contemplating doing. Although, to be honest, with my Te playing devil's advocate, I came up with some pretty strong stuff -- was almost looking forward to the debate...

  5. #425
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The first post of yours I ever read was "Personality Studies and Wishful Thinking (or Why Cognitive Functions are Bullshit)"

    Never got through the whole thing (Ti eventually bores me), but I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that in it you write off functional analysis.

    Maybe I was wrong...
    Yup, I did, but later I read more about it and changed my mind about its usefulness. I used to not believe in it, but then I learned more and changed my position.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #426
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    sim, I've never seen this side of you!!!

    Interesting, indeed!

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #427
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    sim, I've never seen this side of you!!!

    Interesting, indeed!

    Wait, what? I've written well over 3,000 posts since that one in which I discuss all of the functions in great detail. I started using function theory like, over a year ago and the number of pro-function and function theory-oriented I've made since then far eclipses the number of posts I made before I changed my mind about it.

    So, I guess you guys really don't read my posts at all. I'm kind of surprised anyone still thinks I ignore function theory. You'd really have to have been reading like literally zero of my posts for the last year to think that.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #428
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    sim, I've never seen this side of you!!!

    Interesting, indeed!

    Told you, babe.

    (Intelligent) INTJs are ENTPs' achilles heel.


  9. #429
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Wait, what? I've written well over 3,000 posts since that one in which I discuss all of the functions in great detail. I started using function theory like, over a year ago and the number of pro-function and function theory-oriented I've made since then far eclipses the number of posts I made before I changed my mind about it.

    So, I guess you guys really don't read my posts at all. I'm kind of surprised anyone still thinks I ignore function theory. You'd really have to have been reading like literally zero of my posts for the last year to think that.
    Well, I'm going to bed. Nite y'all!

  10. #430
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Wait, what? I've written well over 3,000 posts since that one in which I discuss all of the functions in great detail. I started using function theory like, over a year ago and the number of pro-function and function theory-oriented I've made since then far eclipses the number of posts I made before I changed my mind about it.

    So, I guess you guys really don't read my posts at all. I'm kind of surprised anyone still thinks I ignore function theory. You'd really have to have been reading like literally zero of my posts for the last year to think that.
    Darling dearest, what I meant, was...

    I have yet to come across you concede, or post in such a non-aggressive manner, (your funny posts aside, which actually are often t(a)inted with a bit of sarcastic meanness :P).

    Granted, I've only read around 50 of your posts, or so, so who am I to judge.

    But, I usually see, or rather read you ripping people's ideas/opinions/thoughts to shreds, that's all.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ Relationship
    By freeeekyyy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
  2. [ENFP] A question for ENFPs and for people who love them.
    By hazelsees in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP/INTJ=Perceptive Train wreck o' love?
    By stormyapril in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 05:11 AM
  4. [MBTItm] enfp intj marriage
    By saffron in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO